[Movies] Catwoman - May Include Dark Knight Spoilers

Well, it seems that there might possibly be another Batman related movie featuring Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.

“For me, Gotham and these characters, I’m done. I’ve told our story and I’m moving on,” director Christopher Nolan said earlier this month when asked about a "Catwoman" movie for Anne Hathaway, while adding: “I certainly think she deserves it, she’s incredible.”

And indeed, Catwoman in "The Dark Knight Rises" is far cry from Eartha Kitt or even Michelle Pfeiffer's memorable turn in Tim Burton's "Batman Returns" (the less said about the Halle Berry incarnation, the better). Fitting into Chris and Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer's textured world, where superheroes carry with them emotional and psychological complexities, Selina Kyle battles doing something for the greater good versus her own survival and self-interest. There's a lot to potentially explore, and Hathaway certainly brought an easily one note character the depth the role and movie required, but will she step into the latex again?

"I'm interested if he's interested," she told Digital Spy when asked about Nolan's comments above. "I think it would be lovely to see more of her but only if it's with the right people. She lives in this Gotham City and so it would have to be established by the people who have made this Gotham City. For me, at least."

So, basically, don't get your hopes up. However, it would be naive to think that Warner Bros. won't be kicking the idea around the old conference table in the weeks to come, and perhaps hoping that Nolan will take on some kind of executive producer/godfather position as he did on "Man Of Steel" to help move along a Catwoman movie. That beind said, "The Dark Knight Rises" as a film -- and as a trilogy altogether -- is so calibrated and contained, that breaking out of it would be challenging task to make it feel organic. Can it be done? Would you like to a Hathaway-led "Catwoman" movie? Let us know below.

Source: http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...eople-20120723
    Do you think WB will end up making this movie in the near future and would Nolan be involved in it? I thought her portrayal of Catwoman was great and I would love to see a Catwoman movie that has the potential of this calibre. However, I also worry that expectations would be too high after the Nolan trilogy and that it could end up being a huge cash cow failure without Nolan directing it.

Deleted
    With Nolan I have no doubts it'd be great, I haven't been disappointed by him yet.

But i'd rather he focus on other stuff if the choice to have the film go ahead was up to him, but if WB are adamant on having a Catwoman movie then i'd rather Nolan hold the reins otherwise I can see it taking a turn for the worse, especially since the character is more Selina Kyle than Catwoman, none of the awkward 'paw' licking or feline related puns, just a thief in a catsuit, and I believe Nolan was what made the lack of being a Superhero still work in TDKR.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not against it. It would have to be a pretty compelling story to really get me excited however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard to get excited for sidekicks getting their own movies. Yes I consider Catwoman a sidekick.

After that god awful catwoman movie I think she deserves a good movie.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    She was HOT, the suit did fit ^^ was played really well imo, quite funny to. I would not go and see a spin off tho

Anne Hathaway did a commendable job as Catwoman. I think she did a good job capturing Selina Kyle's character. She was slick, sexy and dangerous but it wasnt over the top. If the plot is there I would be open to a catwoman based spinoff.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the plotline was there, I would definitely go see Anne as Catwoman again. I thought she pulled off the perfect blend of sex kitten meets sly and dangerous.

Personally even though I enjoyed Anne as Selina, I would rather see Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the next Batman or a version of Nightwing in a movie first.