With these prices on mats, what would you say is worth it?

If elementium is 65g, obsidium 54g, Dusts are ~1g, Shards 74g, Essences 58g, Cut Rubies going for 130-140, No other rare gem sells.

Is the shuffle worth it?

Contemplating if it's worth the work. Give me your best bet

10+ Year Old Account
    My consortium excell sheet says about 12g profit per stack if you use Elementium and about 21g if you use Obsidium.

Keep in mind though that this is mostly set to my preferences and server prices, just your general info added. Also keep in mind that the new expansion just got announced and that people will most likely start dumping mats on the market soon. You will get cheap ore, most likely, but will also be struggeling to sell your essences and dust, and possibly rubies.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    My consortium excell sheet says about 12g profit per stack if you use Elementium and about 21g if you use Obsidium.

Keep in mind though that this is mostly set to my preferences and server prices, just your general info added. Also keep in mind that the new expansion just got announced and that people will most likely start dumping mats on the market soon. You will get cheap ore, most likely, but will also be struggeling to sell your essences and dust, and possibly rubies.
    I'm also trying to shuffle with similar prices and it's not that profitable. What do you think is the best way to prepare for mop and make some gold on release? from what I read everyone says gathering professions will make a ton of gold during the first few days but my main is enchanting/JC so that's not possible for me :P

Quote Originally Posted by Borab View Post
    I'm also trying to shuffle with similar prices and it's not that profitable. What do you think is the best way to prepare for mop and make some gold on release? from what I read everyone says gathering professions will make a ton of gold during the first few days but my main is enchanting/JC so that's not possible for me :P
    Farming may sound boring, but spamming the living crap out of Random BGs/Random Dungeons (especially now during the AV weekend) yields a gigametric ton of both JP and honor, which you can use to purchase Greater Celestial Essences and sell on the auction house for quite a bit of gold. During patch 4.3, I've made about 120k gold using this method.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    A spreadsheet is one thing, but you still have to sell stuff. I wouldnt bother and instead look at whats selling. Vloth is going mad on the server as are certyain metals and herbs.

I agree with 999tigger, it all depends on your server. If there are still guilds progressing through DS or leveling/gearing alts, your best bet is to farm/sell heaps of enchanting mats or cut rubies. If your server is a bit empty, you might have a good chance at selling all the ores.
    Last edited by Korthe; 2012-07-30 at 06:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Farming may sound boring, but spamming the living crap out of Random BGs/Random Dungeons (especially now during the AV weekend) yields a gigametric ton of both JP and honor, which you can use to purchase Greater Celestial Essences and sell on the auction house for quite a bit of gold. During patch 4.3, I've made about 120k gold using this method.
    That is REALLY terrible advice. It's absolutely SHIT gold per hour, which is what people want to know about. With any one patch I could make 500k+ with any one method (ignoring synergy between professions) in less time then you made that 120k.

Assume you ALWAYS get 400HK/win. That at the absolute LEAST time it takes 15 minutes per from the start of one to the start of the next. That you can, thus do 4/hr always winning. The highest I've seen GCE go for was around 150g, normal prices being 50-70g. So at the most you're making 600g. Realistically you're making probably half that. Anything sub 1k/hr isn't even worth considering IMO, unless maybe it can be completed AFKing the whole time.

The shuffle isn't worth it ATM. The number of people raiding DS is only dropping, and the demand as well, as more and more people buy cheaper epic gems, or no longer even need gems.

TBH you can flip/make leveling mats for professions and make a good bit depending on demand. People leveling toons and professions now to be ready for when MOP hits.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-07-30 at 08:40 AM.

Those are amazing prices for the market right now.

Deleted
    Heh i have cultured my market. Rubies still going for 150-200g.. its going to crash soon. However demands not massive because of low pop.

Those are basically the prices I'm dealing with and I'm still making a lot of gold doing the shuffle. I don't DE blue rings/necks though I usually put the ilvl 300 stuff for 50-75g and the 325 stuff for 100g+ and they usually sell pretty good now that a lot of people are trying to finish leveling up alts in preperation for MoP. I also send the dust to my tailor and sell the hell out of bags.

Check out the price of Large Brilliant Shards on your server. They're used in a few enchants for heirlooms. You can buy Sergeant's Cape for 55 Honor (get the one that requires the highest level to use) and DE them into the Shards. They sell for 25-30g on my server and they sell fairly often. A very nice money maker that only requires doing BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Heh i have cultured my market. Rubies still going for 150-200g.. its going to crash soon. However demands not massive because of low pop.
    Ruby market crashed the other day on my server they've crept down to 78g per inferno ruby in 3 days and are staying, carnelian sitting on 20-25g :/

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Ruby market crashed the other day on my server they've crept down to 78g per inferno ruby in 3 days and are staying, carnelian sitting on 20-25g :/
    Awww, poor baby. I sold CUT gems yesterday for 60-64g, all day long.

Doesn't matter though, still sold 100+ of them, and ore prices crashed to 68s per ore so I was still pulling in the same profit margin.

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    Check out the price of Large Brilliant Shards on your server. They're used in a few enchants for heirlooms. You can buy Sergeant's Cape for 55 Honor (get the one that requires the highest level to use) and DE them into the Shards. They sell for 25-30g on my server and they sell fairly often. A very nice money maker that only requires doing BGs.
    Or you can just take your 85 enchanter and mosey on over to Blackrock Spire (very close to Stormwind for Alliance) and get 15-20 shards per run (upper and lower).

Problem is, on my server they are VERY slow sellers.