Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Favorite bad guy

List here your favorite bad guy of movies you have seen, about to see.
    Mine is The Joker from The Dark Knight or either John Travolta as the bad guy in movies.
    You can also pick bad guys from Comics, Tv Series,...
    Last edited by Adimaru; 2012-07-26 at 09:34 AM.

bnet: Adimaru #2805

Deleted
    Simon Gruber in Die Hard 3 is one of my favorite! Love how he really acts like a mad person with his games

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dirty Lyle from Convoy aww yeea

Bane, the scene where his mask was broken and he started feeling the pain again sent him into such a rage, he started punching a brick wall furiously. Possibly the most bad ass and brutal villains to date.

Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers movies :P

That charmistic guy played by Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds.

Deleted
    Good question and I have too many answers to list!

Hmmm...

Scar - The Lion King

Alec Trevelyan - GoldenEye

Dracula - Van Helsing

Agent Smith - The Matrix

Darth Vader - Star Wars

The Predator - Predator

(Heath Ledger's Joker is fantastic, but too many people would pick him I think.)

The Joker is a brilliant one. Heath Ledger just knocked the ball out of the park with that performance.

While not a movie, Legato from Trigun is a fantastic villain. It's a shame he isn't the main villain, because he's way better than Knives ever could be.

Essentially I enjoy those who either:

Think that what they're doing is right. In their eyes, their actions are entirely justified and that they are on the side of good, or

Force the hero to break one of their self-imposed laws: in Trigun, Legato forces Vash to kill him, when Vash is an adamant pacifist and refuses to kill anyone. In other words, forces the hero to re-evaluate and grow as a character.

The 'HULK SMASH' villains, or the ones with elaborate plots to destroy/take over the world for no apparent reason are just so dull.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would agree that the Dark Knight's Joker is probably THE best villain to be, just because he's so realistic, he's not bent on money or world domination. *Some people just want to see the world burn*.

But to stay original, I'm gonna say that some of the best bad guys I've seen are:
    - John Travolta in 'face-off'
    - Sean Bean in 'Equilibrium'
    - Darth Vader

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    I would agree that the Dark Knight's Joker is probably THE best villain to be, just because he's so realistic, he's not bent on money or world domination. *Some people just want to see the world burn*.

But to stay original, I'm gonna say that some of the best bad guys I've seen are:
    - John Travolta in 'face-off'
    - Sean Bean in 'Equilibrium'
    - Darth Vader
    Totally forgot Equilibrium that movie was just fanstastic!

bnet: Adimaru #2805

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Simon Gruber in Die Hard 3 is one of my favorite! Love how he really acts like a mad person with his games
    Cosign.
    The most awesome villain, he's like part bond villain with his sophistication and part joker with his lust for anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Joker and Bane, from Nolan's batman films.

Darth Vader is of course, a classic.
    Putin khuliyo

Darkseid. He's just so awesome. He makes the aspect of God look like a mook. How many other villains can say that after they died they started a war in heaven just for shits and giggles? Sure, he's sort of a typical "ultimate evil" type of villain, but he does it so much better than most. He can see through space and time, and travel through the cosmos at will, even through dimensions. He has touched the mind of God and walked away stronger for it. His Omega Beams can instantly destroy anything in the cosmos regardless of distance. Even other cosmic entities can be destroyed in a single shot. From his throne on Apokolips he can strike down anyone in existence that opposes him, even wiping out entire species with a thought. He is the god of evil and he deserves to be feared and respected. He also brought us the Anti-Life Equation. loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side.

Plus he killed Batman, permanently, that's gotta count for something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    This!

and Lee van Cleef as Sentenza/Angel Eyes in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, oh and i really liked the Moriarty in the Sherlock TV- series

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adimaru View Post
    List here your favorite bad guy of movies you have seen, about to see.
    Mine is The Joker from The Dark Knight or either John Travolta as the bad guy in movies.
    You can also pick bad guys from Comics, Tv Series,...
    John Travolta in Swordfish Operation.
    Agent Smith in the Matrix.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Agent Smith hands down, he was the only good thing about the later movies, and I actually ended up wanting him to kick Neo's stupid head in by the end of film 3

The Emperor: Yup, not Vader, the Emperor is just so.... Over the top Something Something Something DARK SIDE.

Sheriff of Nottingham (played by Alan Rickman in Prince of Thieves): 'I'll cut his heart out with a spoon!' 'Why a spoon?' 'It's blunt, it'll hurt more!' how can you not love him with lines like that?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Any gary oldman/alan rickman villian

5th Element/Robin Hood spring to mind for those two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    This guy had me on the edge of my seat any time he was on screen , he creeped me the hell out !