View Poll Results: What would you do if they did the same to you in wow?

Voters
11. This poll is closed
  • I would quit

2 18.18%
  • I would give them another chance

0 0%
  • I would stop buying stuff from them

1 9.09%
  • I would rage but do nothing

2 18.18%
  • I would do nothing

4 36.36%
  • something else (please comment)

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Would you stil play wow if the Community Manager would act to you like you are a ....

Here is 1 example i have seen today: (not wow)

They make a super bad event: (for wow example-- we are giving away free pets if you buy sub for 2 years)

Then after 4 treads of pissed off costumers they respond with this:

9 treads later:
    And then excuse why they hate Eu costumers.....

.......when they made like 3 treads abauth it and they stil do it *shitty*.

(as far as i know blizzard would just heavly moderate whiners out and only put inside the + posters)

Well i wanted to show you how some companys treat costumers, so you can be a little happy how they deal it in wow.

Tread if you want to see it http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...d-bonus-event/ .
    Last edited by Yunru; 2012-07-26 at 06:40 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    They responded in a calm polite manner saying it's better to post constructive criticism rather than- lolz you guys suck

World Of Tanks is buy to win, could not care less.

Golden ammo my ass...
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    World Of Tanks is buy to win, could not care less.

Golden ammo my ass...
    True. But you see gold ammo only in clan fights. I have seen it maybe twice in 1000 battles (it costs shitload).

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't kill the messenger, or just respect them for their calm and professional way while dealing with idiots on a daily basis. And different promotions for different regions is a normal business strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Don't kill the messenger, or just respect them for their calm and professional way while dealing with idiots on a daily basis. And different promotions for different regions is a normal business strategy.
    Us= ok always (75% good events)
    Russa= very good everythime ( 80% good events)
    EU= shit as always (2 good events out of 30 in a year)

Yeah.. well the thing is they think of EU as a milking cow for them and ppl know they treat them shit so they buy more gold.
    (its just making a game harder for this region to make more $$$$ out of it, 3/4 year ago there were super good events, but now they arent worth a little)

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm missing the point, but I believe the CM answered the right way. He simply said that instead of whining, customers should give constructive feedback instead of worthless bashing. Imo the CM deserve respect for what he wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post

Yeah.. well the thing is they think of EU as a milking cow for them and ppl know they treat them shit so they buy more gold.
    (its just making a game harder for this region to make more $$$$ out of it, 3/4 year ago there were super good events, but now they arent worth a little)
    Too much tinfoil, maybe there are business reasons for not "helping" the EU so much (eventually because US and Russia are better markets for them?) I don't hate on Ford because they make more SUV promotions in the US than in central europe. And why are you hating on a community manager for a decision beyond his control? You look pretty silly to me right now, and the community manager is doing his job, in a way that is acceptable.

Edit: Reading your link, the guy is a very profesional CM, most posters in there are morons that don't even deserve an answer for the way they "criticize" the company and their promotions.
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2012-07-26 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked like a reasonable response to me. If I played that game (or WoW anymore for that matter), I'd probably keep playing. Mountain out of a molehill, imo, which is par for the course in gaming these days.

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 07:13 PM ----------

It's kind of complicated trying to do promotions in the EU, because you have to deal with the laws of so many different countries at once. Maybe give the company the benefit of the doubt in that they aren't screwing you for the sake of screwing you. They just don't have the resources to get the legal framework right in the EU for every promotion.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Im confused...
    Have you seen bashiok or zarhym ? :s
    Hell majority of CM in wow are arrogant fuckers, way worse then that imo..

Was the title meant to say: "If CM's were like this in wow, would you enjoy it even more" ? :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Im confused...

Was the title meant to say: "If CM's were like this in wow, would you enjoy it even more" ? :s
    Those 2 are special .

Im confused...
    Bashiok and Zarhym are heroes, actually. It just bothers me they aren't allowed to be far more rude. Have you seen what they have to deal with? It's nothing but "WoW IS RuiN BecaUse I HATe now Blizzard GaY! Blach blach!" You see, because they aren't complete idiots, they can find ways to subtly express their disdain for these types. If they where allowed to say whatever they pleased, they would likely talk circles around those kind of people, but they are forced to be very polite and keep everything in subtext. They are extremely polite when the poster is making a constructive criticism in a intelligent manner and isn't some self-righteous asshat who thinks making a poorly thought-out and put together 12 paragraph rant about how he's quitting while insulting the CMs and game designers because one tiny thing isn't to his majesty's liking. Nobody seems to understand what their job entails, and what they are allowed to say and not to say because the collective intelligence of the posters of the official forum is just sad.

I'd be more willing to post on the forums if the CMs had more freedom, so no, I would not quit.
    Last edited by Holy; 2012-07-26 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    Bashiok and Zarhym are heroes, actually. It just bothers me they aren't allowed to be far more rude. Have you seen what they have to deal with? It's nothing but "WoW IS RuiN BecaUse I HATe now Blizzard GaY! Blach blach!" You see, because they aren't complete idiots, they can find ways to subtly express their disdain for these types. If they where allowed to say whatever they pleased, they would likely talk circles around those kind of people, but they are forced to be very polite and keep everything in subtext. They are extremely polite when the posters isn't some self-righteous asshat who thinks making a poorly thought-out and put together 12 paragraph rant about how he's quitting while insulting the CMs and game designers because one tiny thing isn't to his majesty's liking. Nobody seems to understand what there job entails, and what they are allowed to say and not to say because the collective intelligence of the posters of the official forum is just sad.

I'd be more willing to post on the forums if the CMs had more freedom, so no, I would not quit.

Hm i wish i stil had that screenshot of the tread when the CM was talking total bullshit with a lot of cursing (yeah they deleted that tread).

Hm i wish i stil had that screenshot of the tread when the CM was talking total bullshit with a lot of cursing (yeah they deleted that tread).
    I'm sure it happens from time to time. I remember that one guy basically left a big long speech about how much he hated the forum posters before he quit Blizzard... I can't remember his name though. I can understand it though. Most of the forum posters have their own logic and unless it is met exactly, they kick and thrash at the CMs like wild animals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    Bashiok and Zarhym are heroes, actually. It just bothers me they aren't allowed to be far more rude. Have you seen what they have to deal with? It's nothing but "WoW IS RuiN BecaUse I HATe now Blizzard GaY! Blach blach!" You see, because they aren't complete idiots, they can find ways to subtly express their disdain for these types. If they where allowed to say whatever they pleased, they would likely talk circles around those kind of people, but they are forced to be very polite and keep everything in subtext. They are extremely polite when the poster is making a constructive criticism in a intelligent manner and isn't some self-righteous asshat who thinks making a poorly thought-out and put together 12 paragraph rant about how he's quitting while insulting the CMs and game designers because one tiny thing isn't to his majesty's liking. Nobody seems to understand what their job entails, and what they are allowed to say and not to say because the collective intelligence of the posters of the official forum is just sad.

To a certain point i agree, on the flip side...
    He gets paid to be polite, "I" even pay him for it (so does the trolls) and when they're also arrogant about it, it just makes things worse(but sometimes entertaining, ill give you that

10+ Year Old Account
    To a certain point i agree, on the flip side...
    He gets paid to be polite, "I" even pay him for it (so does the trolls) and when they're also arrogant about it, it just makes things worse(but sometimes entertaining, ill give you that
    ....well the pressure those ppl are taking is high. The big guys say:
    Do that and post that special and we will pay you so the comunity will hate you.

The posters dont realize they should be angry on those on top and not on the poor comunity managers.

Nothing. Most games have micro transactions these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong forum, but we do not allow game vs. game threads here. Which I know is not the initial intent, but it has already turned that way anyway.