Poll: If you were in charge which bill would you pass

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Obviously there is a lot more, however there is oil (in various forms) that is viable, that isn't being withdrawn because it's simply more economically viable to just sit on it and import. It's a bit of a tin-foil hat theory, but I think the premise is: we'll cap our wells today and consume their oil today, tomorrow we will be able to sell ours at whatever price we want.
    Yeah, I don't buy that, but then I'm not exactly a major player in the industry. I just work for a seismic exploration company.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Those company's that he did bail out served a purpose they are corporations with jobs, if those company's would have fallen into bankruputy and not been able to get out. The people would have been fired or moved to other areas. In most cases banks and other company's are repaying the federal goverment for those bail outs. Obama did not step foot into office and everything just dropped. It took nearly a decade suppressed by the war.

Who opened and created club Gitmo again? Bush.

Patriot Act allows them to hold someone like in Gitmo they deem a national security threat without due process. These are people they are known to be dangerous but for whatever reason they can't process them.

We know had we not bailed them out there would have been lost jobs. Spending money at least inside the USA, instead of the middle east out sourcing job's to private company's for a war we frankly do not need. Obama has pulled us out of at least one of the places where the war was raging on. He's not perfect. Granted he's made mistakes.

My point is overall he's spending the money to bail out company's that are too big to fail. He didn't make them go out of business. The Bush Tax cut's certainty didn't help their business. It's better then letting the business fall and have more company's out of jobs. I would take that over the war we sent our troops to any day of the week.
    You really have your facts messed up. TARP was passed by Bush, not Obama. Obama had his own 'stimulus' bill where basically all of it was sent to unions... with ZERO to show for it. didn't do a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    You really have your facts messed up. TARP was passed by Bush, not Obama. Obama had his own 'stimulus' bill where basically all of it was sent to unions... with ZERO to show for it. didn't do a thing
    The auto company bailouts were Obama.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The auto company bailouts were Obama.
    the auto bailouts i talked about in detail in another post and why we should have allowed bankruptcy. He was talking about "too big to fail".. that was a term attached to the banks.

Completely, utterly, flat-out wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 08:40 PM ----------

I'm also curious how you're coming to the conclusion that "it didn't do a thing", when pretty much every economist agrees that it reduced unemployment.

the auto bailouts i talked about in detail in another post and why we should have allowed bankruptcy. He was talking about "too big to fail".. that was a term attached to the banks.
    I was talking about auto company's. I ysed the term "Too big too fail" on them as well because of the massive employment they had. The term too big too fail was applied to all business like insurance company's that had people's life insurance or employers job. Not just directly linked to banks. I mentioned that was attached to the auto bail out. Allowing them to go bankrupt would have cost thousands of jobs at factory planets.