Priest Symbiosis

Does anyone else think that having another CC, not on DR with fear, is going to be incredibly overpowered for healing priests in pvp? Druid/priest is already an extremely good 2v2 combo, and feral/priest/mage is incredible in 3s as well, so adding another cc to that comp is just going to be insane!

Priests have one of the best all around toolkits (Good healing, good dps, good cc, good mana usage, mass dispel) adding something like cyclone (a non dispellable, not able to bubble cc) is going to put them so far over the top with a druid it is not even going to be funny, in my opinion.

Deleted
    i see your point but the thing is also that you already got a druid in your team that gonna use cyclone and next time someone do cyclone on that target is get reduce by half, whitch is not what some ppl want.

Quote Originally Posted by gusthix View Post
    i see your point but the thing is also that you already got a druid in your team that gonna use cyclone and next time someone do cyclone on that target is get reduce by half, whitch is not what some ppl want.
    True, but double cyclone will be awesome lol :P The one and only cc that only can get removed by trinket xD

Deleted
    its completely ridiculous,I don't know what's wrong with blizzard sometimes
    I'm not trying to hate on priests but you have to be reasonable,in the first place this spell should have never given a spell to the druid's target,whether its called symbiosis or not,its just gonna lead to a whole lot of unbalancing and drama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gusthix View Post
    Well, one could cyclone the healer and a DPS in 3's to nuke the one left over.
    Having 2 people wasting trinkets already as cyclone is indeed the only CC that can get removed from trinkets.

But i think the only thing people going to be worried about are Frost Mages with a Druid.
    Frost mages can heal them self with Healing Touch, GL killing the mage in 2's.

I hear Symbiosis might be disabled in arena and rated bgs. It simply makes some classes too powerful.

Getting Tranq for PvE is pretty good considering we don't get Hymn anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    I hear Symbiosis might be disabled in arena and rated bgs. It simply makes some classes too powerful.
    i really doubt that. but we will see.

Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Does anyone else think that having another CC, not on DR with fear, is going to be incredibly overpowered for healing priests in pvp? Druid/priest is already an extremely good 2v2 combo, and feral/priest/mage is incredible in 3s as well, so adding another cc to that comp is just going to be insane!

Priests have one of the best all around toolkits (Good healing, good dps, good cc, good mana usage, mass dispel) adding something like cyclone (a non dispellable, not able to bubble cc) is going to put them so far over the top with a druid it is not even going to be funny, in my opinion.
    Have no fear us ret pals will just wraith them to death.......

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i really doubt that. but we will see.
    Can I have my LoH back if they can use this crap in arenas?

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    its completely ridiculous,I don't know what's wrong with blizzard sometimes
    I'm not trying to hate on priests but you have to be reasonable,in the first place this spell should have never given a spell to the druid's target,whether its called symbiosis or not,its just gonna lead to a whole lot of unbalancing and drama
    I brought is idea up in a druid/symbiosis and was called names and yelled at for not liking to share....

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-the-exalted View Post
    I brought is idea up in a druid/symbiosis and was called names and yelled at for not liking to share....
    Lets look at some history on that:
    ....I GOT FUCKING WRAITH!!!!!!.....I never want to hear another class complaining about Symbiosis......when your MELEE CLASS!!!! gets a crappy ranged spell that LOWERS your dps when used then you can come complain to me...
    As a ret.....Symbiosis can kiss...my...ass.....I hope I can right click it off just to troll druids
    you think I would waste my time sitting there casting wraith instead of cleansing off my root? pleaseeee. This whole spell is a joke and I bet will be nerfed at some point because of how op it is, the whole thing is cheese.
    etc, etc, etc - and you wonder why some folks may have responded defensively. It may not be a well balance ability atm, but hey its all we get for lvl 87. Be happy you got anything for free.

Anyhow, it likely should be disabled in arena but even if its not, remember its not adding any ability to that team that didn't already exist, (it has to copy something that someone already has) it is however adding a second source of that ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can definitely see them tweaking it. A priest with the capability to cyclone (spam) into a fear, into a mind control does seem overpowered.

I think they'll eventually have to tweak some of the spells the target receives. Maybe change them or add cooldowns to them (like they added CDs to a mage's healing touch). I highly doubt they'll disable it in arenas, nor in RBGs, they only really do that with large scale 10 minute cooldowns, which symbiosis is not.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Lol that a Shadow priest given symbiosis will now have a better raid healing CD than a disc priest. Gg, Blizzard.