Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    See post #16. :P

I suppose it is good that they are doing the bomb tests in computer simulations, but sad that we're still obsessing and obviously seem to be wanting to build better and bigger bombs. =/ sigh

It is sadly how humans "function", it resides wholly on the word IF; What if I can it better and smaller that would be something wouldn't it?
    What if they do those tests now? Can't let them be better in x can we?

I suppose it is what makes us different than animals, the bad part is we can't weed out the bad stuff or know when to stop because of greed.

and till then I guess I won't see a single world government or a more effective/functional UN.

On topic though, I love the idea that this super computer is open for other functions other than "Top Secret government" work. I'm sure the process of getting your Research deemed worthy of using this computer is extreme as It should be but its open for Scientists around Europe at least none the less.
    Last edited by Confined; 2012-07-28 at 08:00 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

I'm curious how this system compares to the systems used by the NSA. They used to release vague specs of their super computers years ago. Unfortunately that isn't the case anymore.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    sadly it probably will not run crysis, chances that it even has a single GPU capable of gaming is slim, and factor in the amount of cores and likely crysis 3 only using max of 4 threads, not designed for gaming in the least, and I did not fully read to see if they stated its OS but that could be a problem aswell.
    Do you remember the "good old times" in computer gaming? Games often included a "Software Render Mode". A Software renderer uses CPU instead of a GPU. It should be possible to write "graphic drivers", that use like 64 Cores to render the Graphics.
    So in theory it could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernochan View Post
    Do you remember the "good old times" in computer gaming? Games often included a "Software Render Mode". A Software renderer uses CPU instead of a GPU. It should be possible to write "graphic drivers", that use like 64 Cores to render the Graphics.
    The specialization of a gpu now compared to then is quite different, faster memory etc. These pc's are not built to display high quality graphics, they are designed for immense math and theoretical research. Similar concept would be the workstation GPU's Nvidia quadros and the like compared to an actual gaming gpu. They may have similar specs etc but the workstation gpu will struggle compared to a gaming gpu, when you specialize a computer to do specific tasks these days it becomes a bit harder to just on the fly decide to make it do something else. The power is likely there to do w/e you could imagine, however no game we have access to will run properly w/o compatibility issues. We could go into a ton of different things be it Direct3d compatibility and os on etc but its just not worth it, as powerful as that computer is it is not a gaming pc and would not play games w/o some type of overhaul.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernochan View Post
    Thank God GPUs come with their own built-in Video memory now. ^_^
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water