1. #3361
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    How is your Ret set so far behind your Prot one? I think I change like 5 items between the 2: Prot tier helm/shoulders, legs, a ring and chest. Oh, and the weapon (duh).

    I never bothered with trying to get Ret tier, though.
    HTF Bo-Ris, Ret Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Legs, Neck, 1 Ring, Bracers, Belt. I think I end up over 8% hit/exp in ret, just because of the reforges on the non-ret items. And then there's the stamina cloak enchant and the H+2/2+meta prot helm that's stats wise better than the ret helm I have.



  2. #3362
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    HTF Bo-Ris, Ret Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Legs, Neck, 1 Ring, Bracers, Belt. I think I end up over 8% hit/exp in ret, just because of the reforges on the non-ret items. And then there's the stamina cloak enchant and the H+2/2+meta prot helm that's stats wise better than the ret helm I have.
    Stupid TF Bo-Ris.

    I've got no ret tier, just off-set. Using HTF DA helm with LMG and Tortos shoulders. 543 Lei Shen legs (though I've also got 543 Durumu and Horri legs, but CBA to mess with gems/enchants on all of those). But I use the same bracers (536 Durumu bracers, haste rolled) and belt (JinRohk 543) for Prot and Ret. I have a RaDen belt, but find it subpar to what I'm using. What belt are you using over JinRohk? o.O

    I still use the 608 cape with 200 stam as Ret; are you saying you swap in a 543/549?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  3. #3363
    Oh, I have a HTF+2/2 belt for tanking, and a H+2/2 belt for ret. I actually coin-rolled the Bo-Ris one day when rolling on Jin'Rokh for a belt, was like "welp, that's better than LFR Sha weapon!"

    - - - Updated - - -

    I will totally take the #6 overall dps for 25H Dark Animus with 82% uptime. Poop.



  4. #3364
    The Patient AndreiBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ROmania
    Posts
    325
    Should i feel stupid for having a mastery build? I`m at 7,5% hit 15% exp , 12k points in mastery and 4k points in haste. My build seems to be working fine, i can tank lfr and normal TOT just fine and i`m not aiming for hc atm. i know everyone is going haste atm, and I`m starting to wonder if i`m not doing it the wrong way.

  5. #3365
    Epic! rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,730
    If you're killing the bosses that you want to kill and not wiping because of your set up then I can't see a problem
    That being said, there's a reason everyone stacks haste: it's our go to stat.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

  6. #3366
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    That being said, there's a reason everyone stacks haste: it's our go to stat.
    Haste is fun. No-haste build just feels clunky and slow.
    I used to play rogue a lot, and my paladin has 1.03 sec GCD, so almost the same feeling now
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  7. #3367
    Epic! rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Haste is fun. No-haste build just feels clunky and slow.
    I used to play rogue a lot, and my paladin has 1.03 sec GCD, so almost the same feeling now
    meh if he's happy with how he's geared then more power to him.

    oddly enough though last few raid nights Ive been feeling a bit clunky myself, wonder if im suffering from some lags in the old 25 mans.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

  8. #3368
    Brewmaster Cherrypowdah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,386
    edit: ignore my post, holy fuck didnt realize how many pages this was
    Last edited by Cherrypowdah; 2013-07-26 at 07:15 AM.

  9. #3369
    Dreadlord Choice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    946
    RIP Capacitive Primal Diamond. I guess Blizzard still hasn't quite worked out it's own design yet.

    Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

  10. #3370
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    Should i feel stupid for having a mastery build?
    The only thing I would say is have you tried the haste build? I went stamina heavy for a long time but after getting two decent trinkets switched to prioritising haste and it felt dramatically different. It feels much more visceral - I don't know the maths, but you can really feel the effect of pressing buttons much more rapidly. Your dps shoots up, naturally, but it did not feel at the cost of survivability (on 10N). Again not sure of the maths, but I think more haste probably means more healing from SoI, more refreshing SS and obviously more HoPo for sotrs. At the same time, I switched to divine purpose as my default talent (although may use HA more on the numerous taunt switch fights).

    Mastery may be doing more for you than stamina was for me, but I'd say its worth the cost of the gems/reforges to try out the haste build just to see how you find it.

  11. #3371
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    RIP Capacitive Primal Diamond. I guess Blizzard still hasn't quite worked out it's own design yet.
    Why do you say that?
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 14/14 heroic recruting for WoD and Mystic
    www.avalerion.eu

  12. #3372
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Oh, I have a HTF+2/2 belt for tanking, and a H+2/2 belt for ret. I actually coin-rolled the Bo-Ris one day when rolling on Jin'Rokh for a belt, was like "welp, that's better than LFR Sha weapon!"
    Hah, yeah I got mine on a coin roll on Primo. Upgraded from a 489 Starshatter to 535. Brawlers guild got surprisingly easy!

    Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    Should i feel stupid for having a mastery build? I`m at 7,5% hit 15% exp , 12k points in mastery and 4k points in haste. My build seems to be working fine, i can tank lfr and normal TOT just fine and i`m not aiming for hc atm. i know everyone is going haste atm, and I`m starting to wonder if i`m not doing it the wrong way.
    While you're certainly not going to be "optimal" by stacking mastery instead of haste, you seem to be happy with how your progress is, which is most of what matters. If you're killing stuff, and not dying, then technically it works.

    However, you ARE "doing it wrong" in terms of purely getting max potential out of your character, if that is a concern. You'd be better off swapping those haste and mastery values, and perhaps dropping some expertise to pick up additional haste. It sounds like it's not a concern, though, so no worries

    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    RIP Capacitive Primal Diamond. I guess Blizzard still hasn't quite worked out it's own design yet.
    Wait, what?

    - - - Updated - - -

    AH, this is what he's on about: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9555305441

    Let's hope/assume that it's just some tweaking that's boogered up the coding (like it did earlier this tier for a few days), instead of them trying to sneak this in under the radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  13. #3373
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1084&e=1381

    Code:
    Lightning Strike	11353513	8.1 %	29	357959.9	10380837	1	972676.0	972676
    Worked for me as of 8 hours ago (the first post on that page was 11h for me)



  14. #3374
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1084&e=1381

    Code:
    Lightning Strike	11353513	8.1 %	29	357959.9	10380837	1	972676.0	972676
    Worked for me as of 8 hours ago (the first post on that page was 11h for me)
    It is on the ptr that it stopped working... Not live
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 14/14 heroic recruting for WoD and Mystic
    www.avalerion.eu

  15. #3375
    Then ignore that message!



  16. #3376
    Hello, i'd like to know if its worth getting 4set T16 next tier. There is so many offset items next tier with Haste/mastery, would it be better to go with those items instead?
    Last edited by Medrux; 2013-07-26 at 06:32 PM.

  17. #3377
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    AH, this is what he's on about: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9555305441

    Let's hope/assume that it's just some tweaking that's boogered up the coding (like it did earlier this tier for a few days), instead of them trying to sneak this in under the radar.
    Bad Nairobi! You got me involved in the WoW official forums, and I forgot the first rule of arguing with stupid: don't, they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  18. #3378
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    RIP Capacitive Primal Diamond. I guess Blizzard still hasn't quite worked out it's own design yet.
    Has been confirmed as a bug, thankfully.


    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5441?page=3#55

  19. #3379
    Glad to see the meta gem change is just a bug, but I'm disappointed that they think a 50% higher proc chance on the tank meta will magically make tanks want it. It's still uncontrollable. If it were an on-use effect that were available every minute or something, it would be much more compelling even though the total damage reduction would be significantly lower. We don't care about unreliable TDR.

    Unrelated, but grats on your nice Animus rank promdates.

  20. #3380
    Such silly changes, people are STILL going to use the dps meta gem for the same reason we don't like dodge and parry. Relying on rng to save us is just not good but they seem to continue to push the agenda of "avoidance stats and random procs for all!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •