Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    What does this mean for us, since WE are the BDK's of the AM revolution 2.0?
    Re-roll to warrior in anticipation of 6.0 buffs.

Rage system going to need a SERIOUS overhaul to be on par with the fluidity of HoPo/Chi and even Runes. Plus it's gotta remain viable for DPS warriors too...Not sure how that's going to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Rage system going to need a SERIOUS overhaul to be on par with the fluidity of HoPo/Chi and even Runes. Plus it's gotta remain viable for DPS warriors too...Not sure how that's going to work.
    They could just do a Priest and have a spec specific resource. 1-3 shields or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    They could just do a Priest and have a spec specific resource. 1-3 shields or something.
    You mean like holy power, combo points, chi and soul shards?
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Hmm, possible...but it'd be a huge departure from "tradition" (there's that word, again....) for warriors to not use Rage. I mean, it's kinda an MMO/RPG pillar that the warrior/barb class has some sort of rage/fury/anger thing as a resource. Could see it as a secondary one, though, which might be more what you were getting at.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You mean like holy power, combo points, chi and soul shards?
    Except those aren't exclusive to one spec of a class, as Shadow Orbs are.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, possible...but it'd be a huge departure from "tradition" (there's that word, again....) for warriors to not use Rage. I mean, it's kinda an MMO/RPG pillar that the warrior/barb class has some sort of rage/fury/anger thing as a resource. Could see it as a secondary one, though, which might be more what you were getting at.
    Yeah ofc, no way you could take the rage away from Warriors, even if you make it an almost meaningless bar you still have to keep it there.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Guessing its the bolded part thats crawling in me. traditional, lorewise. logic. if you consider what a tank is then you'd prefer to avoid damage as much as possible.
    That's the part that got me. Wanting to go back to "tank" stats because people are unwilling to accept that the ENTIRE tanking design has changed seems like the exact opposite of logical. It seems like pushing your feet into the ground and saying "NO! NO! Not gonna change!" The logical thing to understand is that the "traditional" tank stats haven't meant much in quite a while and the scope of tanking has vastly changed as time has gone on, the only thing that's really the same is you get hit by the boss instead of the raid. The way you get hit, the tools you have to deal with it, the choices you have to make, etc etc have all changed. The logical thing to do would be to recognize that it's an entirely new direction and being stubborn about it just for the sake of being stubborn is extremely illogical.

- - - Updated - - -

Except those aren't exclusive to one spec of a class, as Shadow Orbs are.
    Soul Shards are, but I get what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Technically, but they're a different flavor of the same resource

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Warlock had been my main for a long time, that's not even close to true. You pick up a warlock and play the 3 different specs and it feels like you're playing 3 different classes, especially if you played lock pre-MoP and in Cata when you had Soul Shards for all classes.

Haste converts to extra dodge + dodge no longer exist on its own. problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Haste converts to extra dodge + dodge no longer exist on its own. problem solved.
    Why even make it convert to dodge? What purpose does that serve other than to say "dodge is still in the game, kinda, but not really"

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    What "problem" is this solving or attempting to remedy? Why does one stat need to affect another? Can't the stat just stand on its own merit?

I mean, I guess that's the real crux. Haste, Mastery, Exp, Hit, even Crit. These all stand on their own, and have value. They are exciting to see, use, feel, and manipulate, and give an immediate and tangible result.

Dodge and Parry are being propped up like Weekend at Bernie's, slapping band-aids and quick fixes on something that's clearly dying is just an exercise in uselessness. They are not interactive, they are not tangible, and they are not interesting. They have no skill involved, no talent or input required. Continuing to leave them in the game is just prolonging the cancer.

If anything, I can see the idea of "innate avoidance from primary stat" that we have now, with AGI -> Dodge and STR -> Parry for those respective armor types. This, while not serving any real role, is enough of a nod to "tradition" as well as enough "fun RNG" that Blizz seems to think the game enjoys and needs. Anything beyond that is just waste.
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The point is that Priests are the only ones that suddenly gain a secondary resource for one single spec, so its not as if Prot Warriors gaining Balls of Steel™ or something would be totally new and unheard of in the development cycle.

The point is that Priests are the only ones that suddenly gain a secondary resource for one single spec, so its not as if Prot Warriors gaining Balls of Steel™ or something would be totally new and unheard of in the development cycle.
    Which is why I said I get what you're saying.

August 2nd patch notes:

Protection and Retribution: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective
    Eternal Flame's periodic heal-over-time effect now heals for 40% more

Vengeance changes:

Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%)
    Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before)
    There are now are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance

Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    Vengeance changes:

Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%)
    Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before)
    There are now are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance

Hmmmm.
    That multiple target change sounds very fuzzy, guess it needs to be tested in practice first to see how bad/good it is.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

I knew a SS nerf was coming eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    I knew a SS nerf was coming eventually.
    Blizzard can go screw themselves for this change like literally, 30%? That is completely unneeded. You will nerf our absorb to the ground but give death knights the means the triple theres? Which is already much more higher and consistent then ours

Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    Blizzard can go screw themselves for this change like literally, 30%? That is completely unneeded. You will nerf our absorb to the ground but give death knights the means the triple theres? Which is already much more higher and consistent then ours
    Dk's absorbs are far from being consistent and it costs them ressources and don't have 100% uptime...
    SS has been OP since release, nerfing it was just unavoidable, I'm surprised we got away with it such a long time.
    30% might seem a lot, but it scale with AP, so, it shouldn't be too much of a nerf given the number of adds we will have to tank.
    Besides, it's just a testing period : if the nerf is too strong, they'll revert it, or diminish it.

No panic here

I feel the 'nerfs' are justified, I am just rather pissed that monks are being overlooked once again. Imo bloodworms, statue and battle-healer all 3 needs some nerf.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.