Also, Speed of Light exactly negates the push-back.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Anyone got ideas how to solo tank the last 5 bosses? Already done / got strategy for the first 7.

Yes, I am a solo tank maniac, I like challenges as tank.

Some of the latter 5 seems hard to solo tank though.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-03-18 at 12:36 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Anyone got ideas how to solo tank the last 5 bosses? Already done / got strategy for the first 7.

Yes, I am a solo tank maniac, I like challenges as tank.

Some of the latter 5 seems hard to solo tank though.

Really? You figured out a way to solo tank Megaera but not Iron Qon?

How would you get around the stacking Mortal Strike and "bleed until 100%" ability at Durumu? Surely at some point it will become impossible to heal to full.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekstep View Post
    Really? You figured out a way to solo tank Megaera but not Iron Qon?
    Megaera not even mechanically hard to solo tank. Just need a high health pool tank to be able to eat dual breaths, alternative a very special raid setup that have someone that is not a tank to range tank it. (Warlocks can range tank a head for example)

Though to be honest, had a rough plan for Iron Qon and Twins, just had not had time to test them yet, as I did not do those on PTR and didn't try 1 tank on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    How would you get around the stacking Mortal Strike and "bleed until 100%" ability at Durumu? Surely at some point it will become impossible to heal to full.
    You can reset the stacks. Stacks fall off themselves during the beam phase and just BoP during the colorblind phase.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-03-18 at 12:54 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

In that case, good luck

Why are you people still awake. Go the fuck to sleep D: That's an order. I'm only awake because I'm still doing coursework and I have to get up at 8am, it's now 2:30, won't finish coursework before 4 so I'm not bothering. You lot have no excuse.

Shoo!

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Why are you people still awake. Go the fuck to sleep D: That's an order. I'm only awake because I'm still doing coursework and I have to get up at 8am, it's now 2:30, won't finish coursework before 4 so I'm not bothering. You lot have no excuse.

Shoo!
    That presentation for a history course won't write itself, you know?

(I also got side-tracked by trying to access my laptop via the network)

divine, light, bubbles

Nah, did Physics coursework earlier, just finished my chemistry coursework and doing my maths coursework now. Second Order Differential Equations, Taylor Series around 2 variables, Matrices and Imaginary Numbers. I'll be finished by sunrise...

Honestly all those titles makes it sound like I'm still at school but nope, first year chemistry student... gota catch em all, sciences!

Pffff... history... I would never...
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-03-18 at 03:14 AM.

Sounds like the "introduction" to maths course that traumatized me for life back when I tried chemistry at university level. I could do the chem, couldn't do the maths. Good thing WoW math is simple operations with very few variables.

We have 2 potential modules, one for if you didn't do A level maths, which is basically a fast track through it, and then one for those who have done it. Having done A level maths, I have to do this other one and it's really not that bad. It's all new to me but it's not necessarily difficult.

The physics I have to do annoys me, because I would have done a physics degree had I not dropped Physics A level, which I only did because I got a certain university offer I wanted so did an easier subject... and then got a B in it so missed the offer -.- But I prefer physics to chemistry, so I go to the lectures daydream my way through and come out with a silly high mark so far. A lot of people are sitting there struggling with concepts and imagining things in 3d and I've done it all before in my own time when it interested me. I affectionately know it as retard physics, then help out my friends if they struggle as a lot of them are completely incapable of imagining things changing over time in their head, let alone in 3 dimensions. That's something I've found as childs play and if you can do that, you pass our course with a 1st so...

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    We have 2 potential modules, one for if you didn't do A level maths, which is basically a fast track through it, and then one for those who have done it. Having done A level maths, I have to do this other one and it's really not that bad. It's all new to me but it's not necessarily difficult.

The physics -words-
    You lost me at physics!

You lost me at physics!
    It's man stuff don't worry. Science and Engineering and Maths and whatnot D:

I focus on tanking

stupid question, I'm really new to Paladin tanking. Is there a point where we just gem stam? I've been using askmrrobot and that's what it's been telling me to do so I figured I would ask here to double check

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    stupid question, I'm really new to Paladin tanking. Is there a point where we just gem stam? I've been using askmrrobot and that's what it's been telling me to do so I figured I would ask here to double check
    You can if you want. Which stat to gem for can be argued. AskMrRobot standard weights for paladins are based on Thecks mindset on tanking, which is also based a lot on 25 man tanking.

Some paladins like big health pools, others like secondary stats. Neither of which are wrong.

There just is not a single answer, you have to figure out yourself what you like the best. Personally I prefer gemming secondary stats, and if I need stamina for a fight, I rather use stamina flask / stamina trinket than gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    Unless you're doing the later parts of 25m or Heroics, your base Health will be more than enough, and the reduced intake from secondary gems becomes more useful than a pool of health you'll never dip into unless your healers dc/go afk

As Firefly said, common strat is to have Stam trinkets & consumables for certain fights, rather than gemming stamina

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Unless you're doing the later parts of 25m or Heroics, your base Health will be more than enough, and the reduced intake from secondary gems becomes more useful than a pool of health you'll never dip into unless your healers dc/go afk

As Firefly said, common strat is to have Stam trinkets & consumables for certain fights, rather than gemming stamina
    Well, that is all dependant on his gear. I felt very uncomfortable on a lot of the ToT bosses in my horrible shit gear.
    Especially on tortos normal as we only used 1 tank there, and my health pool was just above 600k.

If he have like below 490 ilvl, I wouldn't blame him for opting into stamina gems before heading into ToT normals.

If he have like below 490 ilvl, I wouldn't blame him for opting into stamina gems before heading into ToT normals.
    Then that can be the exception to the rule at which point you gem stamina

Although from a healer perspective, if you have less gear I'd be more happy for you to gear for damage smoothing than health, as even fully geared tanks are difficult to heal on the fights let alone someone with little to no damage reduction

Just got into an argument in a pug (paladin prot) about my gearing.

"parry is the best defensive stat"
    "noxxic says so!"
    "Are you saying that noxxic is wrong?"

I litterly got keyboard inprints on my forehead from all the deskbashing that followed.

He was like laughing at me and everything before the first boss (did MSV for the lulz).

For the rest of the raid after that he was asking me for advice on how to gear and how to play paladin... Some people...