Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    a)56 (or so)
    b)doesn't have to be someone in guild, fairly sure that there's a high chance that someone on server did
    Search within for Blacksmithing, there's 142. But yes, there might be someone on server who can do it. I managed to find someone who can do the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Search within for Blacksmithing, there's 142. But yes, there might be someone on server who can do it. I managed to find someone who can do the boots.
    Only 32 of them for blacksmithing though.

Quote Originally Posted by lumenos View Post
    Parry and Dodge will actually want to be stacked in a specific ratio to each other to minimize the effect of diminishing returns. You can actually use the below macro in game and it will tell you if you need more dodge or parry.

" /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Ideal pre-dr parry/dodge ratio: 3.597, yours is %.3f%%, if too high reforge more parry to dodge",(GetParryChance()-3.67)/(GetDodgeChance()-5.01))) "

I take no credit for this macro, it was created by Theck.

Is there an update to this or is it still valid. If so - in game it gives your ratio as a %, presumably this is incorrect, so what I should be looking to do is to reforge dodge to parry (if no hit/exp/haste stats) so that the ratio is as close to 3.6 as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by shambam View Post
    Is there an update to this or is it still valid. If so - in game it gives your ratio as a %, presumably this is incorrect, so what I should be looking to do is to reforge dodge to parry (if no hit/exp/haste stats) so that the ratio is as close to 3.6 as possible?
    While the information is valid. It is still not worth it. Basically, if you balance our dodge/parry, that means you are doing so in the expense of haste/hit/exp/mastery. So the gain is not worth the cost. Just completely ignore it.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by shambam View Post
    The way I deal with it, is to value dodge over parry while reforging. Sadly I still have atleast some peices with dodge/parry on them so I reforge the parry into haste instead of dodge to get a little bit nearer to the value.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=138646 --> teaches : 56

You can optimize your avoidance, but it really isn't worth it.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You can optimize your avoidance, but it really isn't worth it.
    Basically, to put it other words.

Reforging and gems are like a very very expensive perfume, that you only got a very limited supply of, so you can only apply it to certain areas of your body.
    optimizing your avoidance is like spraying that perfume on your ass hair instead of your neck.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    optimizing your avoidance is like spraying that perfume on your ass hair instead of your neck.
    Clearly the best analogy for such a task, probably sig worthy.

Daily frustration:

Getting an upgrade from 497 to 528. Sounds like a success, right? Not when it is a dodge/parry belt :/ But over 500 stamina gained is so much
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Had the same thing with my chest. It hurts, but you gotta do it.

Since 5.2 released I have lost about 2000 haste rating and gained something like 80k life raid-buffed. I guess that trade isn't too bad, am now something like 514 equipped.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2013-03-28 at 10:35 PM.

the worst thing is that there are like 4-5 bosses dropping no loot I desire, it's whether dodge/parry or haste/crit. Only hope is for the shared loot.
    on topic, is there any kind of haste soft cap? sometimes I find it hard to use all my abilities, especially if I take Holy Prism. sometimes I can't find GCD for Holy Wrath in the whole fight. sitting at around 9k atm, could get more by sacrificing some stamina.

Nah, I am sitting on almost 14.5k.

Having more haste gives you more globals to use your abilities on, not less.

Nah, I am sitting on almost 14.5k.

Having more haste gives you more globals to use your abilities on, not less.
    Makes my poor clicky mouse finger ache though!
    Last edited by rawhammer; 2013-03-29 at 07:51 AM.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Stop clicking then jesus christ oh my god this is a tragedy why would you click that's horrible I'm ashamed get off the thread holy tits what the hell man!

Learn to bind

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    What I found helped was to play without a keyboard. I inserted another mouse instead and used on mouse with each hand.
    If I needed to type in-game I just opened the screen keyboard.

This improved my CPS (Clicks per second) and my rotation felt a lot smoother.

Then you might ask! How do I turn without A and D? Well, that is simple, I simply binded A to left mouse scroll button and D to the right mouse scroll button. So I can turn left and right just as easily as with A and D.

What I found helped was to play without a keyboard. I inserted another mouse instead and used on mouse with each hand.

Then you might ask! How do I turn without A and D? Well, that is simple, I simply binded A to left mouse scroll button and D to the right mouse scroll button. So I can turn left and right just as easily as with A and D.
    I don't have any macros, no dbm, and I keyboard turn too. In yer face!

Ranked on council again this week ftw!

And both ways to turn your character are inferior to turning the camera and pressing both buttons

When I wanted to wean myself off keyboard turning, I unbound A and D, and the arrow keys. I learned pretty fast.

divine, justice.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Stop clicking then jesus christ oh my god this is a tragedy why would you click that's horrible I'm ashamed get off the thread holy tits what the hell man!

Learn to bind
    Mwahahahaa