Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    The point is that Priests are the only ones that suddenly gain a secondary resource for one single spec, so its not as if Prot Warriors gaining Balls of Steel™ or something would be totally new and unheard of in the development cycle.
    Which is why I said I get what you're saying.

August 2nd patch notes:

Protection and Retribution: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective
    Eternal Flame's periodic heal-over-time effect now heals for 40% more

Vengeance changes:

Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%)
    Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before)
    There are now are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance

Hmmmm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    Vengeance changes:

Vengeance now grants Attack Power equal to 1.5% of the damage taken, down from 1.8% (The tooltip said 2% but it was actually 1.8%)
    Tanks no longer receive Vengeance from many persistent area damage effects (standing in the fire) or from missed attacks (dodging and parrying an attack will continue to work as it has before)
    There are now are now diminishing returns on Vengeance gains while tanking multiple targets. Each additional target grants progressively less Vengeance

Hmmmm.
    That multiple target change sounds very fuzzy, guess it needs to be tested in practice first to see how bad/good it is.

I knew a SS nerf was coming eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    I knew a SS nerf was coming eventually.
    Blizzard can go screw themselves for this change like literally, 30%? That is completely unneeded. You will nerf our absorb to the ground but give death knights the means the triple theres? Which is already much more higher and consistent then ours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    Blizzard can go screw themselves for this change like literally, 30%? That is completely unneeded. You will nerf our absorb to the ground but give death knights the means the triple theres? Which is already much more higher and consistent then ours
    Dk's absorbs are far from being consistent and it costs them ressources and don't have 100% uptime...
    SS has been OP since release, nerfing it was just unavoidable, I'm surprised we got away with it such a long time.
    30% might seem a lot, but it scale with AP, so, it shouldn't be too much of a nerf given the number of adds we will have to tank.
    Besides, it's just a testing period : if the nerf is too strong, they'll revert it, or diminish it.

No panic here

Deleted
    I feel the 'nerfs' are justified, I am just rather pissed that monks are being overlooked once again. Imo bloodworms, statue and battle-healer all 3 needs some nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Dk's absorbs are far from being consistent and it costs them ressources and don't have 100% uptime...
    SS has been OP since release, nerfing it was just unavoidable, I'm surprised we got away with it such a long time.
    30% might seem a lot, but it scale with AP, so, it shouldn't be too much of a nerf given the number of adds we will have to tank.
    Besides, it's just a testing period : if the nerf is too strong, they'll revert it, or diminish it.

No panic here
    I agree, it has been over powered, but DK absorbs are ridic as well, I've watched my DK tank partner crit a 500k death strike and get a 400k absorb shield. DKs are estentially having that buffed next patch with the riptose(or w/e its spelt) passive, more frequent crits with death strike. And a good dk should have no problem keeping his blood shield up through out a whole fight.

But like I said, well yea its been over power 30% that seems far to much. I could live with a 5-10% hell maybe even 15% which I still think thats stretching it I'd live with it. Especially with the buff to the tanking meta gem receiving a 50% flat proc chance from how it is right now making actually worth while to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    If you don't think the SS nerf is needed, then you clearly think that paladins were just fine and not in need of any kind of nerf. DK's require themselves to be hit in the face and then Death Strike to get their absorption shield. We just press a button and continue on with our normal rotation ignoring it for 30 seconds OR unless we have higher ap than before. They also take more damage outright than we do, and they heal it back up. It's part of their kit, while SS is just a bonus that helps us mitigate MORE damage than we probably should... which is why we were considered way OP and in need of some nerfs.

Deleted
    DKs needed the buff. They are so spikey and fragile if hit at the wrong moment, it makes me sad for them.
    Don't worry, palytanks will be a strong choice next tier too, they have been since LK, no reason for it to change, especially since they don't want to see that many ret around xD

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post

No panic here
    Yup, the key is that it's a free ability. The worst part about it (at the moment) is that it takes a full global. There's really no penalty to using this ability: it doesn't share resources with our AM and it refreshes itself several times. Very powerful...
    Last edited by trystero; 2013-08-02 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I feel the 'nerfs' are justified, I am just rather pissed that monks are being overlooked once again. Imo bloodworms, statue and battle-healer all 3 needs some nerf.
    The issue with statue is that it likes to screw itself repeatedly. It will very often guard the same person repeatedly back to back. It also scales with vengeance, so the more vengeance you have the more damage you have to do. I believe it's 1600% of whatever your vengeance level is, is what you have to do in damage to proc a guard.

On Twin consorts this week, I had 26 guard procs, 9 of which went to 3 different people (3 people, 3 procs each). On Council, I had 21 procs, 7 went to the one person. It's not like it's something that's super amazing, or that mitigates as much damage as Sacred Shield does. Infact, if you look up Midwinter's brewmaster, on his #4 overall IQ kill he had 11 procs.

Most of the monk issues were with damage, which the keg smash nerf should help fix, especially the vengeance scaling.

actually :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortane View Post
    August 2nd patch notes:
    Hits monks harder than the rest of us (hue hue hue dodge moar)
    Seems like it's +1 reason to not go for avoidance now (tbh if they wanted to fix avoidance, could've made it so it gives double veng for attacks dodged/parried)

And SS was sort of cray cray at high veng levels (esp with high haste) basically passive 100k hps IS op.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I had a 54% dodge/parry percentage on Ji-kun this week on my monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    actually :

Seems like it's +1 reason to not go for avoidance now (tbh if they wanted to fix avoidance, could've made it so it gives double veng for attacks dodged/parried)

And SS was sort of cray cray at high veng levels (esp with high haste) basically passive 100k hps IS op.
    Do monks got a higher miss chance? They just said that dodge and parries will continue to give vengeance as before, only misses are changed.

Do monks got a higher miss chance? They just said that dodge and parries will continue to give vengeance as before, only misses are changed.
    Whooops, my reading skills on friday are slightly lackluster :<

Seems to be a night elf nerf? Among other things, not sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Seems to be a night elf nerf? Among other things, not sure.
    Haha. Time to go to blizz forums "OMG NIGHT ELF TANKS NERFED!"

Haha. Time to go to blizz forums "OMG NIGHT ELF TANKS NERFED!"
    "Omg my night elf paladin got nerfed..."
    Tbh is there any legitimate reason to use anything over a dwarf tank if you're alliance ? (Provided you can stand their look)