Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Why are your posts generally flame bait in disguise? Not everyone has to be socially awkward to dislike/hate something.
    He has a point , though. I'm socially awkward and terrible at making friends. However, I hated high school because of teachers and sports as well. There wasn't exactly a silver lining in it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    i love people that blame all their own problems on everyone else.
    You don't know the context. Maybe he was physically assaulted every day and forced to drop out for his safety.

Maybe that's a very specific, unlikely scenario, but you never know.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Being forced to do university level math and science classes just to get the proper credits to get into art school.... Industrial education model is so outdated, it really ruined my whole experience.

Deleted
    i love people that blame all their own problems on everyone else. I wish that logic worked with my parents. Sorry I quit that job because of all the other employees made me or sorry I failed out of 3 colleges it wasnt my fault it was all the other students.
    Take your hands off the keyboard. If you went through what I went in kindergarten, you would be a vegetable now. A door handle. Perhaps you are one already.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-07-27 at 04:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Take your hands off the keyboard. If you went through what I went in kindergarten, you would be a vegetable now. A door handle. Perhaps you are one already.
    Still.. you are just blaming other people for how "terrible" your experience was. You make the choice every day to be happy or sad. You CHOOSE to take offense to things. Its a choice. If your reaction to someone calling you a name, or threatening you is negative, you will always get negative responses.

I just wish people would take responsibility for themselves, instead of blaming their circumstances on everyone else.

Take your hands off the keyboard, Jimmy. If you went through what I went in kindergarten, you would be a vegetable now. A door handle.
    Do people just lack balls now a days? When I was growing up in school if someone picked on you or messed with you, you punched them in the face and they stopped. If it was multiple people you still punch one in the face and they leave you alone because they proly think you are either crazy or a badass for trying to fight a group of people. Never understood why people just sit there and take it and then cry about it. If someone pushes you push back harder. Bullies look for weak people because thats what gets them off. They are sort of like a rapist in that they crave that sense of power over someone else and it is what gets them off. If you fight back they dont get that enjoyment of pushing someone else around and will look for the next person. No one like getting punched I have been hit many times before standing my ground and some can hurt. Hell I had some dude the size of a linebacker hit me so hard I flew over a fire hydrant but I got back up and kept talking shit and when the dust had settled we put 3 of them in ambulances even though there was only 4 of us vs 7 of them. But you arent gonna die from it and when its over they will think twice about messing with you ever again.

Had a good friend at boarding school who got picked on by the same 4 Korean kids all the time. Then one day he just flipped out put two of them through a window and sent another to the hospital with a busted kidney causing him to piss blood. Do you think they ever messed with him again? Hell no.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-07-27 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Still.. you are just blaming other people for how "terrible" your experience was. You make the choice every day to be happy or sad. You CHOOSE to take offense to things. Its a choice. If your reaction to someone calling you a name, or threatening you is negative, you will always get negative responses.

I just wish people would take responsibility for themselves, instead of blaming their circumstances on everyone else.

A shame I wasn't able to make the choice to not be beaten, made fun of and threatened every day. Not only by the kids, but by the teachers and even the medical assistant. I WAS FOUR YEARS OLD. Also this argument doesn't work. It can be used by bigots as an excuse to say "well gays shouldn't have children, because their kids will be ashamed to have gay parents", where in reality it's the hatred of the bigots that caused the kid to think that way.

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 04:58 PM ----------

Do people just lack balls now a days? When I was growing up in school if someone picked on you or messed with you, you punched them in the face and they stopped. If it was multiple people you still punch one in the face and they leave you alone because they proly think you are either crazy or a badass for trying to fight a group of people. Never understood why people just sit there and take it and then cry about it. If someone pushes you push back harder. Bullies look for weak people because thats what gets them off. They are sort of like a rapist in that they crave that sense of power over someone else and it is what gets them off.

Had a good friend at boarding school who got picked on by the same 4 Korean kids all the time. Then one day he just flipped out put two of them through a window and sent another to the hospital with a busted kidney causing him to piss blood. Do you think they ever messed with him again? Hell no.
    If I ever do that I go directly to prison. I defended myself once by breaking someone's nose. I was punished.

One time, the teacher herself gathered the whole class and started to insult me, my parents, laugh at me to the point where I was crying, just because I skipped two days of extra humiliation. I don't know in what little pathetic fantasy world you live in, but what you described there was impossible in any of my cases. You watch too many movies.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-07-27 at 05:12 PM.

If I ever do that I go directly to prison. I defended myself once by breaking someone's nose. I was punished.

Umm no. There are stand your ground laws. Its why that kid got off for stabbing that bully to death. There was a huge discussion here about it. You have every right to defend yourself.

Deleted
    Umm no. There are stand your ground laws. Its why that kid got off for stabbing that bully to death. There was a huge discussion here about it. You have every right to defend yourself.
    Umm no, I live in Eastern Europe. And I don't even think it matters. Remember that fat kid who smashed that skinny little asshole to the ground? He was the one who was punished. You are, apparently, in terms of war with real life.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-07-27 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offence meant, but I went through quite a lot of hardship throughout school, from about 2nd Grade to my Sophomore year, and I feel that it has now made me a stronger person because of it. So, in the words of Christopher Titus, Get down off the cross, use the wood to build a bridge, and get over it.

OT: High School was really only bad because of the homework. In fact the only reason I never finished was because of homework. Got A's on all my tests and classwork. But when Homework is 50% of your grade you can't afford to not do it, so I failed out. 10 years later I'm back and finishing HS and nearly there, then off to Community College where I'll be getting my degree in Software Engineering. All in all, I always felt, and still do, that when I'm home it isn't time for school work, but now I know it is what it is and I will do it if I want to succeed, even if it is a bit belatedly.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    I hated doing homework and projects that would probably take to long to do or that would require a big effort and I didn't had many friends if at all, asides from that I really liked going to classes. Oh, and waking up at 7am, that sucks a lot too -.-'

10+ Year Old Account
    A shame I wasn't able to make the choice to not be beaten, made fun of and threatened every day. Not only by the kids, but by the teachers and even the medical assistant. I WAS FOUR YEARS OLD. Also this argument doesn't work. It can be used by bigots as an excuse to say "well gays shouldn't have children, because their kids will be ashamed to have gay parents", where in reality it's the hatred of the bigots that caused the kid to think that way.

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 04:58 PM ----------

One time, the teacher herself gathered the whole class and started to insult me, my parents, laugh at me to the point where I was crying, just because I skipped two days of extra humiliation. I don't know in what little pathetic fantasy world you live in, but what you described there was impossible in any of my cases. You watch too many movies.
    I think you are making stuff up now, especially considering you said you were in Kindergarden at FOUR years old. You start kindergarden at 5-6 years, not FOUR. Also, your parents made fun of you? Riiiiiiiiight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think you are making stuff up now, especially considering you said you were in Kindergarden at FOUR years old. You start kindergarden at 5-6 years, not FOUR. Also, your parents made fun of you? Riiiiiiiiight.

God..just. God. Kindergarten lasts 4 years in my country, and ends when you are 7 years old. Immediately after you begin school, but it's also possible to begin at 6 years old. And I didn't say my parents made fun of me, I said that they insulted me and my parents. I know I might get banned for this but just FUCK OFF.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-07-27 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having PE in the middle of the school day. I don't know about the rest of you but I went all out during PE class. Whether we were playing basketball, flag football, or even the physical fitness test, I was always trying my best and playing hard. When you have 6 classes a day with PE shoved in the middle there, in made for some uncomfortable afternoons.

Otherwise school was really no problem for me.

Deleted
    I wasn't a big fan of the vast majority of the people. Not in a sense of bulying or something similiar, I just generally dislike people.

And also the biology teacher... Oh yea and german language, I really didn't like that they were forcing us to take it up as our 3rd language.

I'm going into my senior year so yeah, still not done. But, one thing that I've noticed is that 90% of the teachers I've had can't answer my questions. If my chemistry teacher (She teaches honors AND AP) talks to us about particle accelerators, she should be able to answer a question about them. Other than that I kind of like school, can't wait until summer ends really.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general I liked my years in high school. I miss playing sports on a competitive level for your school.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Math. I have not used even half the stuff they tried to teach me in life afterwards.
    I assume you play WoW and several other video games. If so, then you have experienced the benefits of math, even if you do not have to do it yourself. It's always good to have an appreciation of these things, especially since math is at the core of almost everything ever.

As for things I hated in school? While I was there I pretty much hated everyone around me except my small group of friends. Was very much the nerdy outcast. Now though, the only thing I hate is my wasted opportunities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like anything in school until I went to college (which I am currently still in). It is not as much of a popularity contest as high school. The few people who do still think so, I laugh at, due to them usually flunking classes they are taking with me.

I like the more lax attitude, although a very serious one that people have when concerning school (people are actually paying for their courses).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawennomi View Post
    I'm going into my senior year so yeah, still not done. But, one thing that I've noticed is that 90% of the teachers I've had can't answer my questions. If my chemistry teacher (She teaches honors AND AP) talks to us about particle accelerators, she should be able to answer a question about them. Other than that I kind of like school, can't wait until summer ends really.
    For the most part I agree with you, but I think your example isn't a great one since that would be better directed to a physics teacher. Modern particle physics is a relatively new field, so an older chemistry teacher might honestly not know.