Deleted

MoP - Sublety glyph

Hey. I've been trying to find out if soul shards will be shown IN combat if you have the minor glyph Sublety which hides them OUT of combat.
    I don't know if they only show OUT of combat by default and not IN, thus the tooltip of the glyph, but I have no idea really.
    Been trying to look at videos and such, but there is no commentary about it or such.
    So.. if anyone here om MMO-Champ knows, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    the glyph's tooltip is a classic example of 'the exception proves the rule'

since the Glyph specifies that it hides shards out of combat, it is therefore implied that they are visible in combat.

Normally they are visible all the time. there is no way to hide them in combat.

Deleted
    Aaaawh. Are you 100% sure?

10+ Year Old Account
    that is how it works at the moment. it could change, but i don't see why it would change.

Deleted
    Gaah. That's stupid. Why are they doing this? There has never been anything like this before to warlocks. It's just annoying to see floating above your head.
    They should change the glyph so it doesn't show at all, or add it as its own glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use Glyph of Verdant Spheres. They look better than the shards at least.

Deleted
    The point isn't that they're ugly, but plain annoying. They shouldn't be there at all. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i get it. A lot of fancy visuals were added in mists. Affliction got a rather lame one.

Destruction locks are swirling in flame whenever they have full Embers. Demonology has that really stupid Dark Apotheosis appearance.

Deleted
    Meeh. Doesn't blizzard understand that not all players like that? ;_;

the glyph isn't cosmetic, is more like strategic for pvp purposes, if the enemy can't see how many shards you have, he can think twice before charge you.. etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why turning things off is what some glyphs do. The baseline should be plain and then the glyph should add the flare.

In this case. Shards don't show without a glyph, and the n when glyphed they do. or when glyphed to verdant spheres verdant spheres show.

Its like if you wanted a Cheeseburger and instead of just ordering one, you ordered a Bacon cheeseburger but then ask them for no bacon.

Deleted
    Well, I'm an RPer, and having those showing when RPing looks really stupid. And just in general they look stupid. I think players should have a choice whether they want those things to show or not. Because we've been without it since release, and suddenly adding it changes the way you look at the Warlock class. It doesn't feel the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I don't understand why turning things off is what some glyphs do. The baseline should be plain and then the glyph should add the flare.

In this case. Shards don't show without a glyph, and the n when glyphed they do. or when glyphed to verdant spheres verdant spheres show.

Its like if you wanted a Cheeseburger and instead of just ordering one, you ordered a Bacon cheeseburger but then ask them for no bacon.

This happens all the time
    to whit:

http://notalwaysright.com/leaves-everything-out/21964