Deleted

Quick question about WvW victory award

I'm trying to convince my friend to buy Gw2 for release and by doing that he asks me questions about the game, and I answer them. But he asked me one question which I couldn't answer and the question is: '' What do the players get on the winning server in WvW?''
    I know that your server ''rank'' up if you win etc, but not if every player who have been participating gets anything.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I'm trying to convince my friend to buy Gw2 for release and by doing that he asks me questions about the game, and I answer them. But he asked me one question which I couldn't answer and the question is: '' What do the players get on the winning server in WvW?''
    I know that your server ''rank'' up if you win etc, but not if every player who have been participating gets anything.

Thanks
    Your server will rank up and will fight against more strong players, every 2 weeks, if winner.
    Players of this winning server will gain buffs, leading during the war. Buffs everyone will be quite happy to enjoy. Like a better crafting etc. I guess some others can go more deep on explanation. I remember a blog post about it, ill try to find it..

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post

Thanks
    Yh...the pve side gets bonuses such as extra xp from mob kills...but there's been no definitive list yet. And I doubt Anet will state the bi-weekly reward. They'll want ppl to play it for the experience rather than strictly for the reward.
    But there will always be a reward for pve from winning wvw.

Deleted
    I predict first two WvW seasons to be a blood bath with 2 to 3 servers dominating, only after few more seasons the server pool will balance it self out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    I predict first two WvW seasons to be a blood bath with 2 to 3 servers dominating, only after few more seasons the server pool will balance it self out.
    Thankfully Anet have decided the first 2 weeks will be under a 24 hr basis, rather than a 2 week.
    Things will become standardized and equal quite quickly we hope

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Thankfully Anet have decided the first 2 weeks will be under a 24 hr basis, rather than a 2 week.
    Things will become standardized and equal quite quickly we hope
    not sure how effective that will be to be honest. Every MMO to date has had a surge of players at launch that then drops off a month or so down the line, normaly quite unevenly accross servers. does not help that MoP releases a month after. My opinion of that expansion asside it will draw folks back to wow potentialy disrupting the server balance alot .

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    not sure how effective that will be to be honest. Every MMO to date has had a surge of players at launch that then drops off a month or so down the line, normaly quite unevenly accross servers. does not help that MoP releases a month after. My opinion of that expansion asside it will draw folks back to wow potentialy disrupting the server balance alot .
    Then they'd just adjust it.
    Good thing about Anet is they're quite happy to make plans quickly.
    If it takes 2 months of 2-day WvWs for servers to stabilize that's what they'll do....... because the overall server population stabilization is the key aspect. Server pop and skill is the key to WvWvW balance.......and Anet's statement well before release that they will reduce the time-frame to allow servers to settle should really act to ease any concerns about how it will work.
    They're clearly already on the ball about this well before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    It's not Blizzard's Kung Fu Panda expansion what worry Anet and WvW balance, be sure