will this upgrade be enough?

For the next year I'll mostly be playing MoP, SC2 heart of the swarm (whenever that is), Guild Wars 2, and GTAV whenever that comes out.

I have a Phenom II x4 BE 955 and 2 5870s.

I know they are betas, but my performance in the GW2 beta and MoP made me think I might need an upgrade. I'm thinking of a GTX 670. I fear is that is will my CPU bottleneck this and make it so I won't get butter-smooth 60fps (that's all I'm aiming for ) in MoP and GW2? Or will the card be a significant boost. I'd love to get 60fps in 25-mans as well, if that's even possible.

Also I am not interested in overclocking, I'd rather purchase the appropriate hardware...

If I sell the 5870s I can afford the 670 but I'm not really in the market for a complete overhaul which is why I'm asking if the 670 will be enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    Your GPU's are still pretty beefy, I think it's your CPU that's holding your down, the CPU is still decent by today's standards though.

If you can give me a budget for a new CPU&Motherboard then I'll have a look.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

chances are you just need to wipe your boot drive and put a fresh copy of windows on it.
    I dunno what the Nvidia equivalent to the 5870's is but I know a 550Ti is more than enough to handle Mop beta on ultra

But yeah my secondary machine is a 2.60ghz dual core athlon64fx2 chips with 4gb of ram and a cheapo geforce 520, and even it does good (video card was the bottleneck)
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-07-28 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    You don't really need to buy a gtx 670 to get that fps... I got a gtx 570 and running wow on 150 fps... you better upgrade other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    You don't really need to buy a gtx 670 to get that fps... I got a gtx 570 and running wow on 150 fps... you better upgrade other stuff...
    150 fps at what resolution?
    150 fps during 25 man raids?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    150 fps at what resolution?
    150 fps during 25 man raids?
    I get 100fps with the 550ti in 25m raids on live, though I do keep the shadows turned down to a minimum, and particle density is only at 25% to avoid having a seizure.