Screen Turning Orange/Salmon Colored ingame in WoW

So, I'm having an issue that I've never had on this system before. Almost immediately upon logging in (after the load screen, everything's fine when not in the world), the screen freezes and then turns on an odd orangey/salmon color. I can alt tab out and close the game, the computer isn't actually locked up. Anyone have any ideas?

Does it happen in all games, or just WoW?

Most likely explanation is your graphics card is either broken or overheating. Give numbers (of exact hardware as well as the temperatures).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

ATi video card?

Possibly bad video memory.

Sounds delicious.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Does it happen in all games, or just WoW?

Most likely explanation is your graphics card is either broken or overheating. Give numbers (of exact hardware as well as the temperatures).
    I don't play any other games, so I'm not sure. I guess I could run a stress test or something. Working on getting the software for temps atm.

Have you tried redownloading your video card drivers?
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series | EVGA GTX 780SC with ACX cooler| Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung 840 256GB| Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB |Western Digital 1 TB Black | CM Hyper 212 Evo (with a push/pull config) | Fractal Design Arc Midi | SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze | Corsair K60 | Razor Naga |JVC HARX900 | BenQ RL2455 | Samsung Syncmaster S24B300

Quote Originally Posted by Firedexx View Post
    I just tried this, I didn't have any success with it. I'm about to grab some Furmark and see what temp the video card is running at when stressed. Is that a good idea?

can you take a screenshot and upload it? this will determine if its your card or your monitor

theres no need to go out of your way to stress your card, just check the temps on when its idle and when you have wow running

So, this seems to be running the Furmark burnin test just fine. It's heating up and pushing a bit hard to do it (I let it go to 75 and then stopped it), but the display is working fine. I'm under the impression that this is much more graphic intense than WoW, yet WoW crashes out immediately upon login.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    can you take a screenshot and upload it? this will determine if its your card or your monitor

theres no need to go out of your way to stress your card, just check the temps on when its idle and when you have wow running
    Sure, give me a moment and I'll get that up. The idle temp seemed to be ~43. I don't know what it's running at during WoW, because as I mentioned, it just stops immediately and turns orange. Back in a moment with a screenie.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 01:23 PM ----------

By the way, the card is a GTX 460, 768 MB. I suppose I should have mentioned that earlier.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 01:39 PM ----------

Here's a screenshot of what's happening - http://postimage.org/image/z486hp5hj/

Previously, those jagged colors were covering the entire screen. Now they're flickering around a bit.

It looks like the dedicated RAM on the graphics card is broken. Try running Unigine Heaven benchmark, and check out if that bugs or not.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

It looks like the dedicated RAM on the graphics card is broken. Try running Unigine Heaven benchmark, and check out if that bugs or not.
    OK, thanks. Waiting on the download at the moment. If that's the case, does the graphics card just flat out need to be replaced?

GFX card makers have special safeguards in the drivers against Furmark because people used to burn up their cards... thats propably why you don't get the problem in Furmark.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to me once, and it was a very specific issue. Do you have an addon on your PC that dims the screen based on the time of day? It would turn mind a yellow-orange color in WoW and I had to disable the addon in order to fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    This happened to me once, and it was a very specific issue. Do you have an addon on your PC that dims the screen based on the time of day? It would turn mind a yellow-orange color in WoW and I had to disable the addon in order to fix this issue.
    Not that I'm aware of, I sure didn't add anything between the last time WoW was fine and the time that this started occurring. If I recall correctly, it literally went bad after a load screen after hearthing. Quite sudden onset, for sure.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 02:22 PM ----------

I'm currently benchmarking with Heaven and it seems to be doing fine. Will post a report when it's done.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 02:28 PM ----------

Alright, so it ran the entire Unigine Heaven benchmark just fine. The score was 1041, with an average framerate of 41. The card isn't overclocked or anything at the moment. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Alright, so it ran the entire Unigine Heaven benchmark just fine. The score was 1041, with an average framerate of 41. The card isn't overclocked or anything at the moment. Any ideas?
    You were watching on the side and didn't see anything wrong in it? No weird lines, triangles or spots anywhere? if it runs without any visible glitches, then your graphics card probably isn't problem.

Next step would be deleting wow\cache and wow\data\cache if you haven't already. If still no change, try reinstall whole game.
    Trolling should be.

You were watching on the side and didn't see anything wrong in it? No weird lines, triangles or spots anywhere? if it runs without any visible glitches, then your graphics card probably isn't problem.

Next step would be deleting wow\cache and wow\data\cache if you haven't already. If still no change, try reinstall whole game.
    Yeah, I was watching fairly closely and I didn't see any problems at all. It was quite gorgeous actually (I hadn't seen Heaven before), so at least I got that out of this!

I'll give those a shot and report back. Thanks for the help.

Try also older drivers just for shits & giggles, and first make sure the drivers you currently have are completely uninstalled first. It could still be some weird driver incompatibility.
    Trolling should be.

Just did a complete reinstall. All is well now.