[Movies] Need help identifying an old (anime?) movie.

It might be anime or just animated, but it popped into my head and I don't have a lot of details to work with.

It's in space and the protagonist is some chick. The villain is some guy and he has this potion that lets him revive after being killed. I think he's on this planet of lizardmen fighting their champion? in their arena. He drinks the potion right before being killed by an axe, then gets back up and puts the axe through the lizardman's head. Then he becomes their leader I guess.

The ending has this little talking rock alien talking about finding/becoming the new guardian. Am I crazy?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done my fair share of anime watching and what not, but that doesn't ring a bell in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    It might be anime or just animated, but it popped into my head and I don't have a lot of details to work with.

It's in space and the protagonist is some chick. The villain is some guy and he has this potion that lets him revive after being killed. I think he's on this planet of lizardmen fighting their champion? in their arena. He drinks the potion right before being killed by an axe, then gets back up and puts the axe through the lizardman's head. Then he becomes their leader I guess.

The ending has this little talking rock alien talking about finding/becoming the new guardian. Am I crazy?
    The LIttle rock thing reminds me of Heavy Metal 2000 not sure havnt seen it in a while

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119273/
    Last edited by Redbear; 2012-07-29 at 06:58 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know the anime, but damn.. that's some weird shit

It sounds a lot like the original Heavy Metal movie to me. It features a glowing orb that talks to some random girl about its travels to find her, cutting from one random animated short to another. One of them is where some warrior kills some lizard-like aliens in an arena and also their leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Definitely Heavy Metal..best movie ever

I watched Heavy Metal 2000 again and yes it is the movie you were looking for.