GW2 beta download

Silly question - but does anyone know if what we downloaded for the BETA events will double as the full game install as well?

Deleted
    It's the same client. No need to do anything, it will just patch.
    Source

Deleted
    yes it will you just need to run the launcher on release and it will download the rest of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    It's the same client. No need to do anything, it will just patch.
    Source
    Oh you o.0

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...47643235119104

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Thanks for the correction. Stupid borrowed laptop led me to misclick.

The Monday after the beta weekend i noticed that another small patch was downloading. I do not know if they will occasionally patch stuff in to lower the load on launch (as the twitter link shows) day or it was a 1 time fluke and i got something extra. But just pointing out the possibility. I will be opening it almost every other day :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu View Post
    The Monday after the beta weekend i noticed that another small patch was downloading. I do not know if they will occasionally patch stuff in to lower the load on launch (as the twitter link shows) day or it was a 1 time fluke and i got something extra. But just pointing out the possibility. I will be opening it almost every other day :P
    If you follow Gw2status, they tell you when there's an update, and they're pretty swift with showing when it was. =) That should help you keep up with the updates.
    I open the client subconsciously a lot so yeah, I normally catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisu View Post
    You can turn it on every day and every now and then notice it updates stuff.
    This is most likely connected with their internal testing (Anet accounts not getting the error 9 :P).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you follow Gw2status, they tell you when there's an update, and they're pretty swift with showing when it was. =) That should help you keep up with the updates.
    Thank you! great info.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I open the client subconsciously a lot so yeah, I normally catch it.
    (Opening a website to check it seems like slightly more effort than opening and closing the client, babycakes)

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    (Opening a website to check it seems like slightly more effort than opening and closing the client, babycakes)
    Opening and closing the client doesn't take more then 3 seconds.

Deleted
    Depends, if you're somewhere else...?
    Or if you're running something on your computer and don't fancy checking it. Honestly I put GW2status as a new tab that opens with my browser, so it takes less effort than running the client, because I just click one button, honey.

Depends, if you're somewhere else...?
    Or if you're running something on your computer and don't fancy checking it. Honestly I put GW2status as a new tab that opens with my browser, so it takes less effort than running the client, because I just click one button, honey.
    But that's what two monitors are for, cutie.
    Double clicking an icon doesn't seem like too much effort to try to found a workaround for. Especially if there IS an update, in which case you will have to open the client regardless. =P

Deleted
    But that's what two monitors are for, cutie.
    Double clicking an icon doesn't seem like too much effort to try to found a workaround for. Especially if there IS an update, in which case you will have to open the client regardless. =P
    I can feel this escalating quickly love

I don't have a second monitor, I got a laptop!
    I just think that GW2status is useful for many things and that's one of them. (And I wanna see if it breaks again).

I used to steal my brother's monitor and plug it into my laptop, sexy.

Okay, I'm done.

Deleted
    I used to steal my brother's monitor and plug it into my laptop, sexy.

Okay, I'm done.
    Lucky that someone had a monitor XD I'm stuck with the laptop and one monitor setup for now.
    Anyways, yes, I thinkw e're done here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first MMO that not need me to re download the complete client and allow me to patch the beta client on release day!
    And did you guys take a long look in the client folder so clean unlike WoW there are only 4 files here and not even one folder... Yeah I known the dat file is a basic zip file but it does not matter this looks a lot of more clean and does not slow down your hard disk unlike the 5500+ files client of WoW!