not sure if it will come to wiiu but so far almost all of comcepts games have released on a tendo platform.

red ash, comcepts version of megaman legends

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Not sure if its been mentioned, but Nintendo plans to keep supporting the Wii U and 3DS after the NX launches because of something along the lines of "the player base for the new platform needs to be built from the ground up".

Not sure if that's just fancy talk for what they have been doing anyway since forever during the phasing period between consoles, or if they actually are planning to want to support multiple systems as once, which some may remember Sega tried and failed to do. Some people have found it interesting because they mention not just continued support of the Wii U, but also the 3DS, perhaps hinting even more at the idea that the next system will be a hybrid home/portable.
    I would be happy if the whole idea that the new system is compatible with 3DS and Wii U stuff ends up to be true. I mean, it doesn't need to come with a Game Pad, just allow Game Pads to sync up to it like the Wiimotes do with the Wii U and sell it separately if anything.

"Some legends shape our lives..."
    reference to Mega Man Legends 1.

"Some legends leave us with the promise of a new tomorrow..."
    reference to Mega Man Legends 2.

"And some legends herald greatness, only to lose their way..."
    reference to Mega Man Legends 3.

shots fired capcom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would be happy if the whole idea that the new system is compatible with 3DS and Wii U stuff ends up to be true. I mean, it doesn't need to come with a Game Pad, just allow Game Pads to sync up to it like the Wiimotes do with the Wii U and sell it separately if anything.
    that would be what i would do if i was tendo, make the gamepad compatible but sell it seperately and not packaged with the system. off tv play alone will sell gamepads and it will make wiiu owners feel better about their purchase.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'd be down with that. That way, wii U owners will not be too unhappy, one of the major costs is extra gamepads, I am continually amazed how nintendo keep allowing previous controllers to be used, its something the other 2 could learn from for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only exclusive that I will be pissed about if Nintendo decides to skip it for the Wii U and isn't something that the NX would be capable of doing (due to lack of game pad) is a fuggen damn actual DS/3DS player (NOT individual Virtual Console titles). I dont even care if it looks like shit on a big screen, I have played them on custom set-ups on two monitors and I loved it. They could have released none of their flagship titles for the Wii U and I would have still day 1 bought one if they had either implemented into the system or had an accessory for it to let you play those games.

Kid Icarus Uprising on a big screen with dual analogue sticks = glorious
    the sheer avalanche of RPGs for the original DS, no longer having to hold a handheld up to my face to play = god damn glorious
    possibly being able to use a Wiimote as a stylus for games = all of my fucking yes

Don't cock tease me Nintendo with these virtual console DS releases. Ive got over a couple hundred DS and 3DS games at my disposal and I want to play them on an over sized TV while I sit naked in a recliner and NOT have to scrunch up my hands to play them on a tiny screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah, pretty much everyone feels the date is off, still its interesting that multiple people say they saw the nx at e3, nintendo says theyve got deals in place, then this rumour pops up. i feel like there might be some truth to the rumour even if the date is off
    It's funny people only use the dates to think it's wrong and not the fact that they say Nintendo is trying to ship 20 million in the first year LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's funny people only use the dates to think it's wrong and not the fact that they say Nintendo is trying to ship 20 million in the first year LMAO.
    well if its both a home console and a handheld i could see those numbers if zelda u and a new pokemon are launch window titles. its unlikely but its not impossible

- - - Updated - - -

also might explain why we didnt get a pokemon title this year (the first year without a main series entry since platinum) maybe nintendo had them shift development to nx

well if its both a home console and a handheld i could see those numbers if zelda u and a new pokemon are launch window titles. its unlikely but its not impossible
    It's straight up impossible. No system has ever sold 20 mil in it's launch year, they would have to catch something even beyond the Wii explosion. The PS4 is the fastest selling console ever at current pace and it took 18 months to break 20 mil.

Okay I take it back it's not impossible if...

1) Nintendo does something that can be incredibly popular and gain a fan base QUICK similar to the Wii.

2) It's $200 max.

3) It's easy to manufacture, not like the Wii which was supply constrained for almost it's entire launch year. Or the PS4 which had stock issues for well over half a year.

4) It launches with Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.

So yea, it's basically impossible. Only 2/4 seem realistic.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-07-03 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    4) It launches with Mario, Zelda and Pokemon.
    I'd buy that! But yeah, 20 million in launch year, not possible.

nintendo playstation found

- - - Updated - - -

its interesting to think how the world would be if nintendo didnt fuck over sony. i doubt sega wouldve even made it to the dreamcast. might not even be an xbox, just the nintendo playstation 4 or the sony wii or whatever it be called now.

i think thats the only possible way nintendo would ever drop out of the console game, co create a new one with sony.

imagine it o.o instead of the playstation 5 the super nintendo playstion 1

microsoft would probably just kill off its xbox division and give up if that happened

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo is in a very difficult position with the NX and third parties. 3rd parties have shown that they will shun consoles who are two different from the others. It happened with the Wii and it is currently happening to the Wii U. People are going to expect the NX to be much more powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One, but they can't really do that because developers won't want to put in the extra work to take advantage of the NX's extra power. Also, I'd love a console that combines their handheld and home consoles. That'd be amazing. It'd also eliminate their chances of third party support.

The rumors say they have a bunch of third parties on board, but they said the same thing when the Wii U came out and we all know how that happened. Honestly, their best bet is to make a console that is slightly stronger than the PS4 with no special gimmicks (although cross buy like the PS4 and Vita have would be amazing) if they want third parties on their side. Really, it just depends on if they want to get back in the race with Sony and Microsoft or do their own thing.

If you thin the NX is going to be stronger then the PS4, I'm afraid I got some bad news...

Especially if it's a handheld/console combo.

In the end 3rd parties will do what they do with every new system launch. Throw some ports at it, gauge interest and if the market is there produce more ports for the system.

The Wii U actually launched with an ass load of 3rd party games. They didn't sell well, end of story. 3rd parties aren't going to bother if no one wants to buy shit but Nintendo games on the platform. That is what it has always come down to, not necessarily power. NX could have a damn titan X in it, but if the same fan base as the wii u buys it(IE only hardcore Nintendo fans buying it for Nintendo games) it means jack shit cause nothing will sell.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-07-03 at 10:17 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how primitive and shitty the Xbone and PS4 are for hardware, it would be pretty easy to crush them in performance. Make it x86 based instead of ARM, because fuck backwards compatibility so it is easier to port games. All they need is a quad core with a much higher clock speed than the shitty 1.8 Ghz AMD processors in the other consoles, more memory and a better GPU module. It isn't going to take a lot but if they basically develop a mid range PC equivalent, they will be better off.

No, if they developed a mid range PC equivalent they would be massive idiots seeing as they can get the same ports at near xbone specs for a much lower price point. It's also not like Nintendo needs that much power to run their games at 1080p 60 fps when the weak ass Wii U is already running them at 720p 60 fps and some even 1080p. Nintendo wouldn't take advanatge of that power outside of maybe Monolith. 3rd parties sure as hell wouldn't bother giving them anything more then straight ports. Your entire idea sounds like a good way to kill Nintendo, not revive them.

Then again you do seem to think the Wii U is ARM based so, I'm not sure you're qualified to talk about specs here...

If Nintendo launches a system at $400 when the Xbone and PS4 will likely be $300 or less in holiday 2016 or later it would be dead on arrival. Flat out.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-07-03 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you thin the NX is going to be stronger then the PS4, I'm afraid I got some bad news...

Especially if it's a handheld/console combo.

In the end 3rd parties will do what they do with every new system launch. Throw some ports at it, gauge interest and if the market is there produce more ports for the system.

The Wii U actually launched with an ass load of 3rd party games. They didn't sell well, end of story. 3rd parties aren't going to bother if no one wants to buy shit but Nintendo games on the platform. That is what it has always come down to, not necessarily power. NX could have a damn titan X in it, but if the same fan base as the wii u buys it(IE only hardcore Nintendo fans buying it for Nintendo games) it means jack shit cause nothing will sell.
    And the Wii was the best selling console of it's generation by far and 3rd parties also didn't port games to it. The 3rd party games didn't sell well because the Wii U didn't sell well when it launched. But the whole handheld thing is going to kill off third party support unless they do it like the PS4 and Vita system. No AAA developer is going to make a handheld port of their game. Just like they didn't want to implement motion controls into their games.

Also, I don't think that the NX will be much stronger than the PS4, but people are going to expect it to be and rightfully so. The Wii U got away with being the weakest current gen system because it came out a year before the other two. Now, it's going to be probably 2 1/2 years or more after the PS4 and Xbox One launch. Technology evolves and people are going to expect a stronger system. I never said or meant that they need to put a Titan in it, but it's going to be a bit stronger than the current gen consoles. Not a lot but it needs to be noticeable.

Regardless, I think Nintendo is too wishy washy. Fuck third parties, focus on your own titles, and try to steal Sony's thunder and make Nintendo the place to go for JRPGs. Nintendo needs to focus on their strengths instead of promising something that they've failed two achieve for two consoles in a row.

Or just stop making consoles and focus on console games and handheld systems. But that's never going to happen as much as I want it to.

yeah im expecting at most for it to be slightly stronger than ps4 and xbone, probably around the same though, and i expect nintendo to undercut the price in order to grab market since most of their profit comes from their games anyways.

as for the third party stuff, i got the vibe it was less ports and more along the lines of hyrule warriors and bayonetta 2. games made by 3rd parties exclusive to nintendo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Also, I don't think that the NX will be much stronger than the PS4, but people are going to expect it to be and rightfully so.
    i really doubt that.

there were plenty of idiots who thought the wiiu was weaker than the 360 and ps3, and teenagers are stupid and dont remember the gamecube and n64 when nintendo games looked the same (or in alot of cases better) than sony and microsoft.

theyre gonna expect the nx to be a nintendo console. even at ps4 levels alot of nintendo games will look better. even now plenty of wiiu games look better than ps4 and xbox one games because they tend to use a graphic style that ages well and know how to maximize their systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah im expecting at most for it to be slightly stronger than ps4 and xbone, probably around the same though, and i expect nintendo to undercut the price in order to grab market since most of their profit comes from their games anyways.

as for the third party stuff, i got the vibe it was less ports and more along the lines of hyrule warriors and bayonetta 2. games made by 3rd parties exclusive to nintendo.

- - - Updated - - -

i really doubt that.

there were plenty of idiots who thought the wiiu was weaker than the 360 and ps3, and teenagers are stupid and dont remember the gamecube and n64 when nintendo games looked the same (or in alot of cases better) than sony and microsoft.

theyre gonna expect the nx to be a nintendo console. even at ps4 levels alot of nintendo games will look better. even now plenty of wiiu games look better than ps4 and xbox one games because they tend to use a graphic style that ages well and know how to maximize their systems.
    Compare the new Ratchet and Clank to Super Mario 3D World and tell me that Sony doesn't know how to maximize their systems. For the first time in gaming a cartoony video game that was made to look like an animated movie is now at the level where it looks like an animated movie.

also the main reason wii didnt get third party support is it was unable to run unreal 3 even with wii being the best selling one it would be dumb to ignore the three other platforms to make wii games. the ps2 outsold the shit out of gc and xbox but they still ported most games to them.

which is why most third party devs made entirely seperate games for the wii. the wii actually has a really decent library and tons of good 3rd party games you just have to look for them and avoid all the trash shovelware (which the ps2 also had)

epic mickey
    zack and wiki
    sonic colours
    elebits

wii had lots of good games even if it missed the triple a ports

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Compare the new Ratchet and Clank to Super Mario 3D World and tell me that Sony doesn't know how to maximize their systems. For the first time in gaming a cartoony video game that was made to look like an animated movie is now at the level where it looks like an animated movie.
    ratchet and clank looks great like most insomniac games

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wii was successful for one major reason,

casual gaming boom.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ii_video_games
    These are the top games for reference. Its best sellers were fitness games and minigame games, but this market now belongs to apple and android. The Wii was cheap, easy to understand, was considered to many to be a side console (side hoe) and had games for those who never played games before. But it had issues

Motion controls suck. In some games, it makes sense, especially if the work well. The Wii did it best unlike the move and connect, however..... it was obvious where it was shoe horned or just not worth using. Look at Mario Kart on the wii as an example.

Its online kinda sucked, the other consoles had solid online, the Wii didnt.

It had a ton of shovelware games..... and with so few main 1st party or major 3rd party releases... it became IMO a bigger problem then the ps2

- - - Updated - - -

A major issue with the Wii U was its launch
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/wii-u/Wii_U_Launch_Games_(US)

look at how many ports of much older games there are and games that would never be big sellers without some advertising

- - - Updated - - -

Now do not see m post as knocking the Wii, it has some of my favorite games, like Twilight princess and Skyward Sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Now do not see m post as knocking the Wii, it has some of my favorite games, like Twilight princess and Skyward Sword.
    Why not knock it, for me it was total rubbish.