Minecraft missed the boat on Wii U anyways.

It could have came out near launch with gamepad support and it could of been one of those rare 3rd party games on a Nintendo platform that is competitive with major Nintendo games in sales.(and despite the small install base of the Wii U sales of Nintendo games and the DI/Skylanders/Just Dances of the world are still strong on it so there was def a market for minecraft)

As it is wasted potential.

tried playing minecraft on xbox with my nephew once and was horrified to find the world isnt unlimited like pc.

if the worlds not unlimited on wiiu its not worth it in my opinion
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tried playing minecraft on xbox with my nephew once and was horrified to find the world isnt unlimited like pc.

if the worlds not unlimited on wiiu its not worth it in my opinion
    The world on PC isn't really unlimited either, but I guess they had to castrate it a bit, because having multiple GB worth of just map data was probably overkill for consoles and their RAM/HDD/SSD .

When it comes to survival games like that it's probably better to aim for something like Terraria, that has way better survival gameplay compared to unmodded minecraft.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2015-12-08 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The world on PC isn't really unlimited either, but I guess they had to castrate it a bit, because having multiple GB worth of just map data was probably overkill for consoles and their RAM/HDD/SSD .
    tbh id settle with it being just plain bigger.

i should never, in ANY open world game walk for 5 minutes and find the edge of the world.

plus the console version makes many items like the boat fucking useless, theres no ocean to use it on.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

tbh id settle with it being just plain bigger.

i should never, in ANY open world game walk for 5 minutes and find the edge of the world.

plus the console version makes many items like the boat fucking useless, theres no ocean to use it on.
    Never played it .. for obvious reasons ^^.

to me the console version of minecraftwas made just to cash in on 4 year olds.

not that minecraft is anything special but its still something i can pick up every once in awhile have a bit of fun, remember why i quit playing and leave it alone for a year or so.

to me the console version of minecraftwas made just to cash in on 4 year olds.

not that minecraft is anything special but its still something i can pick up every once in awhile have a bit of fun, remember why i quit playing and leave it alone for a year or so.
    To me it's more a go to game when I'm bored on don't want to immerse myself in a larger (usually newer) game. I just slap the latest version of some mods on and have a go with a new map. It's probably busywork to some, to me it's cathartic to just kick back and wire up some village and build a nuclear power plant, even though there is no point in it .

- - - Updated - - -

Rare Replay on the Wii U would be awesome!

I think microsoft is speaking pr bullshit just like when they tried to say banjo could be in smash.

if minecraft wasnt already on every platform in the world i very much doubt it ever land on wiiu.

I think microsoft is speaking pr bullshit just like when they tried to say banjo could be in smash.

if minecraft wasnt already on every platform in the world i very much doubt it ever land on wiiu.
    I'm more baffled at who this "Ninlendo" is.

But honestly it seems like Microsoft has very much adopted a "Can do" attitude with gaming related things, I guess after their backlash from the original reveal of the Xbox One they realized they needed to appeal more or something, but just even compare the whole backwards compatibility thing with Sony.

Sony says pretty much no to PS4 backwards compatibility to the PS3, while Microsoft adds Xbox 360 support to the One, and then goes on to say "Hey, if it's really wanted, we could do Xbox support too".

Backwards compatibility is a bitch when your last console still ran on your own chip instruction sets. Though admittedly writing one emulator for it should be easier as well now that they use both x86 and going on it should be better for the future regardless, but in the end backwards compatibility will always be a topic that console manufacturers don't want to talk about, after all, they learned they can sell you the game again and there are shit tons of suckers out there that make these kind of sounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WabT1L-nN-E .

10+ Year Old Account
    Steve for Smash!

Final Smash, Creeper explosions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Steve for Smash!

Final Smash, Creeper explosions!
    Creeper explosions, eh? That reminds me of a story......

Anyway, apparently we're getting a Smash Direct on the 15th.

I'll predict that Shantae will be a new fighter and would finally be someone worth my $5.

Wildcard predictions: Jessica from DQVIII, Washed up Dalaran Mage, and Lana or Linkle from HW.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://mojang.com/2015/12/minecraft...intendo-wii-u/

Minecraft: Wii U edition coming December 17th
    This is weird. Why is Microsoft releasing a Wii U game now? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    This is weird. Why is Microsoft releasing a Wii U game now? :P
    This isn't the first time MS released one of their properties on a competitors console:

They released a Mechassault for the DS a while ago. MS owns the rights to Mech Warrior (and therefore Mechassault) since 1999, though this one was made by a third party developer.

They also had a Halo game in development for the DS but canceled it. There is some footage of the tech demo online. (Yes, Bungie owned Halo back then still but they were a 2nd party developer like Rare was to Nintendo. So for them to develop for another companies console would have required the consent of the company they worked for - Microsoft).

Makes you wonder what would have happened if they went through with it...Master Chief could very well have ended up in Smash Bros!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Super Mario Maker X Mercedes Bendz DLC

- - - Updated - - -

Pokken Tournament - Sceptile reveal trailer

From the way this is worded, the Wii U may get more Microsoft owned games. Probably just VC releases from Rare.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...port_for_wii_u

PEGI has rated Choice Provision's turn based strategy game Tharsis.

Special wired controller based off the Pokken Tournament arcade controller released in Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/...oming-to-wii-u

Super Mario Galaxy rated for the Wii U by the ESRB.

Just what the wii u needs

another controller

lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

if it only works for pokken like the gamecube ones, ima find one, and fucking burn it