Maybe. I don't know anything about it and I don't really get the concept. I need to read more into it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    The Gamecube will always have a special place in my heart.
    I agree. When I don't have class, I always make sure I spend some time with my GameCube.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    People forget too easily. The GameCube was the most powerful console of its generation and packed a ton of great core games. Yet they lost that generation to PS2 and the Xbox. The PS3 is the most powerful console of this generation and by all standards pack alot of core games. Yet look where that took Sony, their gaming department is doing quite bad.
    Hardly lost to the Xbox, that much can be said. The Gamecube had far more great games then the original Xbox did that's for sure. The Xbox had what, Halo, Fable and lots of multiplatform games? At least Nintendo had 1st party support for the GC and put out loads of great games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Hardly lost to the Xbox, that much can be said. The Gamecube had far more great games then the original Xbox did that's for sure. The Xbox had what, Halo, Fable and lots of multiplatform games? At least Nintendo had 1st party support for the GC and put out loads of great games.
    Cube was a great system, the last great nintendo system imo. But that was a generation where offline play was still almost fulltime. Xbox had only just entered online with halo2 and i do think halo 2 xbox live makes for a huge portion of that system, almost anyone who played it online durring that era will agree, and we havnt really seen one like it since.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll buy the wii U at some stage. Just have to wait for a new Mario Kart to be announced!

I will refuse to pick up a Wii-U. It will be outdated by next year with the new systems... I also don't care for the controller (Either of them, the tablet or the "basic" controller). I'm tired of this gimmicky custom crap... just give me a Dual-Shock ripoff Controller any day of the week. ^_^

Lastly... games. All the Wii-U is going to have is what it had on the Wii - their old first-party versions of the old IPs and hundreds of second-generation ports done better on other systems.

I think it's a tell-tale sign that things are bad by the public's reaction (or, NON-reaction) to Zelda: Skyward Sword. It's not when consumers are super negative that always means the game will flop - but when NOBODY even talks about it or cares enough to say something about it... THAN you know Nintendo's got problems!

Seriously... I just wish the big-N would go the way of SEGA and just become a first-party game developer instead of trying to hawk re-shaped Silicon all the time at us. >_<

Hell no. I still have no idea what to do with my Wii.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

wiiU isnt wii. that simple. 360 style controller, next gen graphics (finally). free online and no used game fee. I can play my games and my girlfriend can play mario. its win win. haters keep hating.

fyi wii games by far outsell ps3 and xbox games. look it up. the mario games dominate the market. nothing comes close.
    Last edited by Karnige; 2012-10-22 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    wiiU isnt wii. that simple. 360 style controller, next gen graphics (finally). free online and no used game fee. I can play my games and my girlfriend can play mario. its win win. haters keep hating.

fyi wii games by far outsell ps3 and xbox games. look it up. the mario games dominate the market. nothing comes close.
    That doesnt mean shit since the system is marketed to children and parents of children and the systems cheaper than the others. a 5 cent candybar can outsell a 1 dollar candybar but that doesnt make it better.

Also fyi its an untested online since this is nintendos first serious venture into it. I doubt it will surpass xbox live free or not.

Deleted
    I have already pre-ordered mine.
    Love my Wii, and I think this will be even better. Love all the possibilities with the large control with a screen on it.

Deleted
    Kind of unsure wether to get the premium or the premium zombiu bundle. Leaning towards the bundle though, because of the controller which you get cheaper than if you bought it separately.
    Pre-ordered both, only have to cancel the pre-order of one of them whenever i decide :P

As for games, so far ive preordered a lot of them, but most dont come out on the same date as the console. Darksiders 2 and New Super Mario Bros U, are about the only ones coming out on the same date, although i am having a look at Tank Tank Tank aswell because it seems hilarious.
    Any other games that i might have missed which people feel are interesting?

Maybe. Not on release though.
    I was even thinking about buying a Wii as there are many good Wii titles I'm intrigued to play and it's by far the best party console imho.
    Gladly the WiiU is backwards compatible.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

most definitely. as a couple others have said nintendo is really the only company that gives me things i cant get on my pc however i am also going to buy a ps3 because square enix is putting kingdom hearts 1.5 hd remix on it like an idiot instead of making it multiplatform like it should be i mean seriously around half of that series of games have been on nintendo consoles they should atleast put it on wiiu and ps3.

anyways i dont see sony making it past the next gen if they dont get their shit together they only recently started making a profit off the ps3 and cant afford another price cut and the vita is doa and their tvs havent been selling very well lately either, every year they have posted nothing but losses and they CANNOT survive another gen like this one especially with the vita on their backs.

the wiiu has one of the best lineups for a new console in a long time and it has a ton of games coming out that people have been dying for nintendo to make. this is the first console where theres even been more then 2 or 3 launch titles i want i literally want like half of the launch titles.

its got pikmin 3 a zelda and smash bros on the way a bunch of other 3rd party games that look awesome and its around 4 to 5 x the power of the ps3 so its awesome. the only way i could see this being better is if there was a chibi robo for it but sadly it seems like im the only one who liked that series since the last game wasnt even localized.

alot of people are on the bash train just like they were before the wii launched because for some reason its become "cool" to bash nintendo and call it a kid system and say that its "weak" when its neither. i like how some people are just glossing over the fact that in an interview reggie said they forced all launch window developers to develop their games in 720p instead of 1080p in order for them to get their games out asap to prevent another 3ds fiasco and how epic has gone on record multiple times saying the wiiu can run unreal engine 4 and the main hardship of the wii wasnt the graphics but the inability to run unreal engine 3 and therefore porting a game was just to much hassle.

the wiiu has none of the problems of its former system. will it be as successful? to be honest i dont think so lightning doesnt strike twice as they say and the wii really sold amazingly and way more then anyone expected hoever im not saying it wont be succesful just not every store is sold out and a lady died in a competition to get one successful (anyone who remembers that water drinking competition for the wii knows what im talking about) but it will definitely sell out in most gaming stores.

i really cant wait at first i was wary of the controller and i was worried the lineup would be like the 3ds but after playing it at e3 and seeing the launch window games im really impressed.

BRING ON THE PIKMIN 3 @_@ MEH BODAY IS REGGIE
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't, I never really liked Nintendo products.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I will refuse to pick up a Wii-U. It will be outdated by next year with the new systems... I also don't care for the controller (Either of them, the tablet or the "basic" controller). I'm tired of this gimmicky custom crap... just give me a Dual-Shock ripoff Controller any day of the week. ^_^

Lastly... games. All the Wii-U is going to have is what it had on the Wii - their old first-party versions of the old IPs and hundreds of second-generation ports done better on other systems.

I think it's a tell-tale sign that things are bad by the public's reaction (or, NON-reaction) to Zelda: Skyward Sword. It's not when consumers are super negative that always means the game will flop - but when NOBODY even talks about it or cares enough to say something about it... THAN you know Nintendo's got problems!

Seriously... I just wish the big-N would go the way of SEGA and just become a first-party game developer instead of trying to hawk re-shaped Silicon all the time at us. >_<
    keep talking crap brah.. its cool brah.

cant wait for this
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-10-22 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    That doesnt mean shit since the system is marketed to children and parents of children and the systems cheaper than the others. a 5 cent candybar can outsell a 1 dollar candybar but that doesnt make it better.

Also fyi its an untested online since this is nintendos first serious venture into it. I doubt it will surpass xbox live free or not.
    Oh boy the Nintendo is for children argument, never seen this before.

15+ Year Old Account
    I may eventually buy one, but not at launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Wii U has higher/equal graphics to PS3 and Xbox 360.
    But who cares about Graphics? Tsk!

As soon as they release the new Zelda
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    But who cares about Graphics? Tsk!
    people like this...