10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't think competition is going to matter when we're talking strictly numbers. Yes, of course it's going to sell better when there's less competition, but the debate wasn't "Which is better", it was "What sold the most".
    I didn't say it did, was just mentioning it, the numbers don't lie, the 3ds is not the fastest. Either way, I don't think anything will be as fast as the original wii in terms of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I didn't say it did, was just mentioning it, the numbers don't lie. Eitehr way, I don't think anything will be as fast as the original wii in terms of sales.
    I thought the PS2 is still the top selling system though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, top selling for sure, 152 million, thats some crazy numbers.

When you're comparing how many 3DSs sold in total it's not really relevant to the current state of the 3DS.

It has done well for Nintendo after the initial horrible launch but it is fading fast.

It is usually neck and neck with Wii U in the NA NPD every month these last few months. In Japan it has strayed from being the dominant force every week in media create to competing with Wii U/Vita/PS4 numbers and typically the console that had the best new game release that week wins.

This is after the New 3DS is already out to, keep in mind.

The 3DS is fading fast, and unless Yo-Kai Watch blows up in the west like it did in Japan I don't see anything on the horizon breathing more life into it's sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, only thing that is even close to it was the Nintendo DS. Although it surprised me that the Playstation 1 was the second highest selling game console. Especially since you always hear about the Nintendo 64 even though the PS1 crushed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Yeah, only thing that is even close to it was the Nintendo DS. Although it surprised me that the Playstation 1 was the second highest selling game console. Especially since you always hear about the Nintendo 64 even though the PS1 crushed it.
    The good ol' days of when people thought "It had fun games, therefore it was good!"

What more animal crossing amiibos just for animal crossing festival?

uggh
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    the nintendo 64 tends to live on in pop culture because outside of final fantasy most of the ps1 games were pretty shit.

plus nintendo games as a whole tend to be very memorable. alot of the people who grew up and played a gamecube have started to become nostalgic lately and you can see that with how things like wind waker and sunshine have started to become more and more favored even if at the time they were critisized for things and even though the ps2 crushed the gamecube in terms of sales.

we will probably see something similar with wii games next gen as kids who grew up playing galaxy and whatnot begin to grow up

- - - Updated - - -

alot of people call it the zelda affect.

the newer nintendo games are the less people like them, but the older they get the more people begin to love them.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the nintendo 64 tends to live on in pop culture because outside of final fantasy most of the ps1 games were pretty shit.

plus nintendo games as a whole tend to be very memorable. alot of the people who grew up and played a gamecube have started to become nostalgic lately and you can see that with how things like wind waker and sunshine have started to become more and more favored even if at the time they were critisized for things and even though the ps2 crushed the gamecube in terms of sales.

we will probably see something similar with wii games next gen as kids who grew up playing galaxy and whatnot begin to grow up

- - - Updated - - -

the newer nintendo games are the less people like them, but the older they get the more people begin to love them.
    That happens because it takes that long for people to finally get a copy of the game

/sarcasm

Ontopic: I just wish Nintendo would come out and go "Hey guys I know we fucked up with the Wii-U and we are no longer supporting it" I would have more fath in them then if they did that. The Wii-U is dead in the water and has been for awhile. They barely talked about it at there E3 showing and like I said before and people called me a lier for saying it. Nintendo is doing the bare minimum with the Wii-U and the next Zelda may come to the Wii-U but there is a 100% chance it will also release on the NX and I bet my left nut it has NX only special features and crap.

The Starfox game didn't really look all that grand and in truth on a graphic standpoint it looks really bad compared to what the Wii-U can do. Xenoblade Chronicles X looks really awesome for a Wii-U title but I bet the NX will have a port of it or at most will be backwards compatible. So really there is zero reasons to buy or own a Wii-U right now.

Ya we know the Wii-U has games but we also know Nintendo said the NX would work with Wii-U/3DS and so on. So personally I say if your was considering getting a Wii-U just wait until we know more about the NX. Its clear Nintendo wants the Wii-U gone asap.

With the way they are handling the Wii-U/New "3DS" and in truth just the 3DS overall and how they are pushing Amiibo's I find it hard to support them. So I'm done with Nintendo right now. Just going to watch and seee what they do at this point.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-06-20 at 09:49 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, the PS1 had it's own share of classics. Of course the PS2 blew the Gamecube out of the water and I'd say it is a strong contender for the best game console of all time. If not the best hands down. I don't think we'll ever see a console that had that much variety, quality and quantity of games, and obviously incredible sales again.

zelda u isnt coming to the nx. it releases next year and is a long ways into development, the nx isnt coming out till holiday 2017 at the earliest
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the PS1 did better due to price, I recall most of the disc games being cheaper, not sure

Also it had A FUCK TON OF GAMES compared to the N64.

It also had more "mature games" along side the crash games/spyro etc. Easy to program for, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I think the PS1 did better due to price, I recall most of the disc games being cheaper, not sure

It also had more "mature games" along side the crash games/spyro etc. Easy to program for, etc.
    When I hear about the 64 not having mature games, I roll my eyes and then remember Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Hexen, Shadowman and also remember hearing about games like Conker's Bad Fur Day or a Starcraft port.

The 64 had "mature" games, what was lacking was space due to cartrdges, and RPGs. If I remeber correctly, the 64 only had 5 of them.
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2015-06-20 at 11:07 PM.

we don't even know if NX is a full fledge console or nintendo getting into mobile
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    we don't even know if NX is a full fledge console or nintendo getting into mobile
    In regard to Metroid some guy said that it would take at least 3 years to make a new Metroid game so they would just make it for the NX. Which is a pretty good indication that it is a console.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They are already in mobile, and have been for the last 30 years. The thing you are missing is that a portable console similar to what the Vita offered would be another colossal failure. They need something that can rival other mobile devices, maybe even defeat them for a few years. The issue with mobile gaming today is the disposable technology, tablets of 3 years ago can't run anything new very well because the technology just isn't good enough for it.

Either way, the next Nintendo portable will no doubt be ARM based, but I think the chances of them using a processor like the Samsung Exynos or QualComm Snapdragon in order to full develop games for both the Android market as well as their own devices. Both tech companies have pretty much punched Nvidia's Tegra chips in the dick and there is no reason to use them these days, it is only a matter of time before both advance well beyond Tegra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

When I hear about the 64 not having mature games, I roll my eyes and then remember Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Hexen, Shadowman and also remember hearing about games like Conker's Bad Fur Day or a Starcraft port.

The 64 had "mature" games, what was lacking was space due to cartrdges, and RPGs. If I remeber correctly, the 64 only had 5 of them.
    but you just named most if not nearly all of them. Thats another issue. Sure Wii U has Bayonetta 2 and soon to be devils third, but thats kinda it on the "mature" level.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

The PS1 also had a lot of shit in comparison to the N64, and that is why it was a really mediocre gaming system. Quantity does not equal quality. There were very few really really terrible N64 games, while the PS1 had oodles of them because it was easier to program for and had better storage options. Either way, Nintendo 64 first party games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS1 first party games, even if I am a Nintendo fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

but you just named most if not nearly all of them. Thats another issue. Sure Wii U has Bayonetta 2 and soon to be devils third, but thats kinda it on the "mature" level.
    Who fucking cares? Have your testicles not dropped yet and you think that games with an M rating are the only games worth playing so that they make you look like a cool adult? Because that is basically the kind of shit that makes me hate other gamer's and humanity as a whole. Great games aren't great because of the rating, they are great because the people who made them aren't a bunch of mouth breathing asshats who think that their game is only going to be good if it gets an M rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    "mature games" appealed to more people, the people who played Mario in the 80s were no longer 10 in the 90s.

great rant about what makes a great game, but will a random teen (in the 90s) buy a game with a cartoony dinosaur on it?

- - - Updated - - -

I am in no way saying the PS1 has greater quality, it had more and cheaper games, some N64 games were waaaaay expensive. I think quest 64 was like 80 bucks in some places. It just had more games that appealed to more people.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

also turok!