Yes i am going to buy one, like a previous post in this thread Nintendo offers some of the best franchices only offered on Nintendo and not only do they somehow still manage to capture my gaming heart back in the early days nintendo games always seem to offer some of the best experiences and fun while nintendo might not have the mass games they tend to have the best Core collections of any systems and with PC/PS/Xbox all becoming more of a main stream device, Nintendo still holds some of the best if not the best franchises exclusively under there belt. Zelda,mario,Smash Brothers, Metroid etc well worth the system price and well I like the Nintendo DS concept they are going with the Wii U, I honestly could care less about ps4 and 720 they are just gonna be better hardware I like the innovation and concept behind the WiiU I got a bad ass PC for all my insain graphics needs.

Nintendo Land is legitimately difficult.

Holy hell.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Judging by the layer of dust on our wii..... no.

Yes. Not right now, but eventually. There are just so many upcoming titles that I can't allow myself to miss, and I love the new controller and the multiplayer possibilities it allows for.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I can get about 95% of those games right now for my PS3.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 07:54 PM ----------

Not sure if you noticed recently, but those classic IPs of Nintendo have been getting quite a bit tired in their designs recently. They just don't have the spark they once had... particularly Zelda.
    I honestly don't get this. I thought Skyward Sword was amazing. Can't say the same for TP however, but I guess it's a matter of taste.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I can get about 95% of those games right now for my PS3.
    sarcasm fail or math fail.. not sure which fails more.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    sarcasm fail or math fail.. not sure which fails more.
    Pretty much. From all accounts I have heard, Ninja Gaiden 3 was completely fixed up on the Wii U version. Better graphics, better frame rates, smoother controls etc etc, all the things that were wrong with the PS3 and 360 versions were fixed. I don't have it but I plan on getting it eventually. I am playing Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 and both run extremely smoothly with incredible graphics, Arkham City doesn't look as good as my PC version does, but they are pretty damn close, the controls are better with a controller and I love the Wii U Gamepad features that it implements to add to the depth of the game. I think if they didn't have all the Gamepad functions, it would basically be a prettier clone of the 360 and PS3 versions which is essentially a beat em up style adventure game.

My overall impressions of the Wii U on day one are positive for the most part. My only complaint is the slow ass wireless card in the console as well as the sluggish update servers that Nintendo uses which couldn't handle the release day firmware update, took me 30 minutes to download it because the server was so backlogged with users trying to access it, then another 10 minutes to install it.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-11-19 at 12:44 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will once more Nintendo-core games come out for it.. (and when I can scrap enough money). No reason to get it if most of the games coming out for it at launch you can get for the other consoles too. WTB new SSB, Metroid, Starfox games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    i have to wait another 12 days but anyone who has got one already.. whats ZombiU like? the reviews have been all over the place with this game.

gamespot 4.5/10

eurogamer 9/10

edge 7/10

and it goes on like that
    When I first saw it, I thought the game looked like absolute shit and was completely uninteresting. Now that reviews are out, I am glad I didn't buy it. Oh well, at least it didn't flop as bad as Black Ops 2: Declassified and Ragnarok Odyssey did on the PS Vita!

I have no reason to buy one yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be getting one soon

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I was wondering if anyone who bought one of these this week has any first impressions yet? How is everything working out? All I can find are reviews for the new Super Mario's game and the Zombie game. I'd like to hear some peoples overall opinions on the system as a whole as well as the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't planning on it, but... I saw the new Zelda come there, so I will.

Zelda ... NEED I SAY MORE?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a PC. Why would I buy a console.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Just get this.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136994
    Costs only 69.99, 500GB USB 3.0. Way more than necessary for a console.

You can also move it around system to system.
    Every time I hook up an external hard drive to my Xbox360 it only picks it up as a 3.6GB HDD
    Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I have a PC. Why would I buy a console.
    Usually for exclusive games, especially when it comes to Nintendo.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not buy the Nintendo WiiU, mostly because of financial reasons.

I'm on the line for the system, I work at gamestop and have tried it out a bit lol but I'm waiting to see the other games that will come out and hopefully a price drop because I don't want to drop 350 for a system just to get 1 or 2 games. Overall I think I might stick with my PC and 360.

No, I was done with Nintendo after I got the Wii for christmas, played it, and returned it and bought an Xbox 360 instead. I've been a fan of Nintendo since the NES(Mario/Zelda, etc), but the Wii just killed it for me.

Looking at the Wii U, it looks like a PSP, with the same exact sliders, and this "hardcore" controller looks an awful lot like an Xbox controller.

Im enjoying it now that ive actually had a go.

A few complaints though.

The pro-controller's button layout is kinda silly. A B X Y where the 2nd analog should be. If you are going to "borrow" the 360 design you might aswell go whole hog.
    Some games (Tekken tag mainly) play better with the Pro controller, but have features that require you to use the Pad, i havnt found a way to switch between the two without rebooting the system :c

Other than that its fun