Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Either your wii u is defective or something is wrong with your network setup. My guess is your either using an incompatible wifi security protocol or have your router set to only broadcast 5ghz mode.
    I've literally tried everything. The farthest I've gotten it to work is connecting to the router but fails when it tries the internet.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I've literally tried everything. The farthest I've gotten it to work is connecting to the router but fails when it tries the internet.
    Its likely not connecting correctly or you have it blocked with something like mac filtering. Are you connecting on a 2.4ghz band and using WPA2-PSK (AES)? What router are you using btw?

Edit: What manual settings have you tried - like all numbers you entered for each one.

Edit2: Checked my wifi settings - I'm using auto on all, WPA2-PSK (AES), no proxy and 1400 MTU for both my own and my in laws wifi network. Is your router WPS capable and have you tried setting it up this way with above security protocol?
    Last edited by Cerus; 2014-12-26 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Try sending it to Nintendo if you're not in a rush and you're willing to take the time. My limited experience is they're excellent when it comes to things like this, I sent in my 3DS for repairs because there was a burnt out pixel on the new 3DS XL I bought, and they replaced the speakers too apparently, which I didn't even say had an issue.

I think it took a week to come back about too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Try sending it to Nintendo if you're not in a rush and you're willing to take the time. My limited experience is they're excellent when it comes to things like this, I sent in my 3DS for repairs because there was a burnt out pixel on the new 3DS XL I bought, and they replaced the speakers too apparently, which I didn't even say had an issue.

I think it took a week to come back about too.
    I doubt that's required since it's connecting to their router. I'm almost certain its a router issue - either mechanical or software.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I doubt that's required since it's connecting to their router. I'm almost certain its a router issue - either mechanical or software.
    But if everything else is working with the router fine it is possible.

I dunno, weirder things have happened. Like my Dad's original N64 could play every game but Super Mario 64 for some reason, cartridge worked fine on my uncle's system. Had to send that in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But if everything else is working with the router fine it is possible.
    By the same token, he has not tested the wii u on any other wireless network to confirm it's on the hardware end of the Wii U. Not worth it to wait a week only to have it sent back to you and told it works fine.

Just because other devices work fine with the router doesn't rule out that there is an issue or setting in the software of the router causing the problem. Other devices may not conflict with it.

@Zito have you actually power cycled their router and modem? You would think so, but I see no mention of it in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    By the same token, he has not tested the wii u on any other wireless network to confirm it's on the hardware end of the Wii U. Not worth it to wait a week only to have it sent back to you and told it works fine.

Just because other devices work fine with the router doesn't rule out that there is an issue or setting in the software of the router causing the problem. Other devices may not conflict with it.

@Zito have you actually power cycled their router and modem? You would think so, but I see no mention of it in your posts.
    Actually good point, should bring it to a friend's, see if it works there.

Deleted
    Pretty sure error 103-2001 have to do with the setting in either the router or Wii U as its the same I had as when I googled it I see I did search on that error myself and other people did something with their router settings and what not. I just had to put in the right stuff to connect to the router. Pretty sure you are just missing some configuration.

I googled and did the manual entering the IP address thing with adding 10 to your IP address. FINALLY connects to my router but then oh wait, FAILS THE INTERNET TEST. So googled again and the only thing I could find was putting in a game with a software update and it should fix it. I got mario kart 8 too so I put that in and it updated but STILL it won't connect to the internet.
    This is a bit odd... you were able to update the game, so you know the internet is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    This is a bit odd... you were able to update the game, so you know the internet is working.
    That's a game update included on the disc itself.

That's a game update included on the disc itself.
    That seems like a bizarre way to handle things... I thought updates were for things that differed from the disc contents.

That seems like a bizarre way to handle things... I thought updates were for things that differed from the disc contents.
    You are thinking patches for games.

System software updates have been included on game discs ever since consoles had proper OSs that needed updates. If the game requires a more recent system software update to play it is included on the game disc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, like Tech said. It's something that's been done a while.

Say Metroid Prime has 3 GC versions. 0-00 0-01 0-02.

I have to say Nintendo is doing DLC right. Mario kart 8 DLC: 12 bucks and you basically get another half of this game ( 4 cups!!! and 6 characters, 8 vehicles and colors for yoshi and shy guy). Hyrule warrior DLC 20 bucks for several new maps, 4 characters , new zelda weapon and costumes and 2 new game modes.

It's not too pricey and it doesn't take away from the orginal game it adds (unlike games like destiny imo). This makes me want to buy the DLC instead of having to feel like I need to buy it to get full enjoyment.

Mario Kart DLC is good.

Hyrule Warriors DLC is trash and just like your typicall Ubisoft/EA/Activision DLC.

The again I don't see why people are googly eyed about Hyrule Warriors in the first place, it's a bare bones Warriors game with Zelda fan service. So no surprise I'm not a fan of the DLC. Game was okay for a single playthrough, after that just warriors repetition grinding... pass.

Wait wait wait

Birdo

Where the fuck are you?

- - - Updated - - -

See I've never played dynasty warriors before so this is kinda fresh for me. And in February we're getting 2 new game modes so maybe they will make the game less stale for you

Re Mario Kart DLC; are the extra maps for the Hyrule DLC actually any good? Also, I thought the second set of DLC wasn't out yet, and it could be absolute trash for all we know.

That said so far I like Nintendo's attitude towards DLC more than any other, and I am strongly considering buying the Mario Kart DLC. Do you know if I have to buy them both together to get the discount or will the second be cheaper if I've already bought the first?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Yea I really like all the maps except one, the dragon one cause it's kinda boring. But it was cool on my first race on the hyrule map that lightning hit and opened up the secret shortcut on the master sword. Was like sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Re Mario Kart DLC; are the extra maps for the Hyrule DLC actually any good? Also, I thought the second set of DLC wasn't out yet, and it could be absolute trash for all we know.

That said so far I like Nintendo's attitude towards DLC more than any other, and I am strongly considering buying the Mario Kart DLC. Do you know if I have to buy them both together to get the discount or will the second be cheaper if I've already bought the first?
    I've only played the maps once, but I thought they were worth it. I mean, even on a small scale, they replace the coins with rupees on the Hyrule track, I was surprised.

Yay, I joined the club. My brand new Wii U is updating as I type this
    Started with Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World, but planning to get games like Super Smash Bros Wii U, Bayonetta 1+2 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate later on.