Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stupid cat is stuck

So our stupid cat decided it would be a good idea to jump over the water heater in our closet. I tried to reach her, it was too far.. I tried to climb over, the space was too small. She refuses to help herself, all she is doing is laying down and meowing. She can't fit out the sides because it's way too tight.. So any ideas how to get the dumb ass cat out from behind there?

I tried to put a small rug back there to make a ramp for her to climb up, she refused to climb up. I tried to put a small chair back there for her to climb on so I can grab her. She refused to climb on the chair. All she is doing is laying down. Any ideas? I'm all out of ideas.

If she got herself in there, she'll get herself out. My cats often get into places that I can't reach but they always come out eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shake a bag of cat food and say "here kitty kitty kitty". Irresistible. sometimes.

She tried to jump out by herself, she can't make the jump because it's too high and there are pipes in the way. I think the way she got in was she jumped onto a stool, then jumped on the water heater, then jumped behind it.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-07-30 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Catnip usually works.

Edit: take some piece of clothing and hurl it against her. On the other side is something that is irresistable. She will grab onto the clothing and you drag her out.

If all else fails turn off the water value to the water heater. Then attach a hose to the the point which a hose obviously should attach too. Then empty out the tank. This should allow you to move the water heater to the left and right a bit as long as you have a little play, which it sounds like you do. I know it isn't easy and might require some tools / items you might not have laying around. But damn.. poor kitty.

Just be sure not to move it around to much or to violently so the water line don't snap. But if your building codes are the same as they are around here they should be flexable hose like attachments that allow a bit of play.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBad420 View Post
    Irresistible. sometimes.
    I laughed..
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

What's worrying me is that instead of you keep trying to get your cat out, your asking for other people's help on the net, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    If all else fails turn off the water value to the water heater. Then attach a hose to the the point which a hose obviously should attach too. Then empty out the tank. This should allow you to move the water heater to the left and right a bit as long as you have a little play, which it sounds like you do. I know it isn't easy and might require some tools / items you might not have laying around. But damn.. poor kitty.

Just be sure not to move it around to much or to violently so the water line don't snap. But if your building codes are the same as they are around here they should be flexable hose like attachments that allow a bit of play.
    There is maybe less then 2 inches on either side on the water heater. I'd have to pull the whole thing out of the closet and I am no handy man so I'd have no clue how to do it. lol It's a very tight closet.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 03:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Salaction160 View Post
    What's worrying me is that instead of you keep trying to get your cat out, your asking for other people's help on the net, lol.
    My roommate is over there with the cat helping me. I came to make this thread to get any ideas that we haven't thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So our stupid cat decided it would be a good idea to jump over the water heater in our closet. I tried to reach her, it was too far.. I tried to climb over, the space was too small. She refuses to help herself, all she is doing is laying down and meowing. She can't fit out the sides because it's way too tight.. So any ideas how to get the dumb ass cat out from behind there?

I tried to put a small rug back there to make a ramp for her to climb up, she refused to climb up. I tried to put a small chair back there for her to climb on so I can grab her. She refused to climb on the chair. All she is doing is laying down. Any ideas? I'm all out of ideas.

It's kind of hard to visualize. Could you post a photo?

Place some fancy feast or her favorite cat food near by the water heater. Eventually hunger will overcome her.
    If that doesn't work, this may sound cruel, but i'm very sure throwing some black cat fireworks back there might help? That's if you have any.

grease it up and push it in pull it out.

Cats are hard to control. T_T

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could try spraying the cat with water, as a last resort anyway. Other than that you can try a laser pointer to lure her out or shaking the box of food.

Quote Originally Posted by Salaction160 View Post
    Seems reasonable to me, if it's truely as difficult as OP says it is.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Keep the feedback alive I want to know what happened to the cat?
    If she is not making any attempts to get away may be she just dont want to or rly cant get out.
    If you turn the heat up she will fry or get out
    Other option is to call someone to take the heater out and get your cat.

1. Get large cloth or sack
    2. push it in under cat
    3. Pick up

If you're having trouble getting the sack in behind the heater all the way, lower it from the top and hold onto a part of it's drawstring on either side of water tank. Iunno seems simple enough.

Get one of those lever arms that they have in the stuffed animal-grabbing win a prize arcade machines.

Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Leave her the rug and stop freaking her out. When she calms down she'll climb out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put the rug back in and the cat will help itself out. It's probably scared out of it's gourd right now with you doing all this stuff.