Poll: Which Elder Scrolls game did you like the most (Arena and Daggerfall not included)?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    If you mod the shit graphics wise out of Morrowind, it blows the other two so far out of the water they enter orbit. There are also some rather large mods in Morrowind that more than double/triple the content, going so far as to add additional solstheim sized continents with their own main story. Seriously, you haven't seen the power of the TES modding community till you've seen what they did with Morrowind. I've always felt that the reason you never got those kind of mega-mods in Oblv/Sky was because of the voice acting, people are less inclined to download an addon if it doesnt voice act the new dialoge, and mod developers are naturally hesitant to try and voice them themselves.
    Okay, I'm going to sound all hipster for saying this, but I think the reason you don't see quite as many big projects for Oblivion or Skyrim as you did Morrowind is because of the console crowd.

Now now, I'm not bashing Bethesda for the chocie to consolize the series. I love Skyrim and Oblivion too. But you have to admit that doing so attracted a different crowd than before, even to the PC version. And this lead to a new breed of people looking for mods, making mods, and (worst of all) JUDGING mods. I have lost count how many times a large project for an Oblivion mod fell apart because their forums (or their thread on the official forums) were flooded with all kinds of people bitching constantly and most unfriendly-like.

I'm not calling out all of the console fans. I know that the ones causing problems are probably in the minority. But minorities have a habit of being very, very, VERY vocal.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id have to say Morrowind but only just over Skyrim.
    I was a purist mage player so the dumbed down magic in oblivion and skyrim was a bit dissapointing but skyrim was a move in the right direction, give me spell making back with more spell variety for noncombat use and ill be very happy.
    I love the alchemy system in Skyrim, I got the collectors edition notebook and made it into a sort of alchemists workbook to record as many concoctions as I could through experimentation, i went as far as to name them. It was a terrific and immersive part of the game for me.

I think Oblivion is better than Skyrim because the side quests arn't total shit. I havn't played Morrowind, so I can't comment on it.
    God the Thief's Guild quest line was so amazing.

But the Oblivion gates are fucking stupid, dumb idea.

But, Skyrim is the clear winner when it comes to the world. It looks amazing. It's the main thing in the game that makes it great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    OP why are you making this thread again?

Here's a link to his first thread which he made NOT ONE MONTH AGO: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Scrolls-games

can we have a moderator close this please?
    TESO marketing team desperately trying to create some hype.

Deleted
    Morrowind. For sure. Oh the countless hours I've spent it that game... I doubt it'll beat my /played in wow even. (Yes. Seriously)

Deleted
    Skyrim of course!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    Id have to say Morrowind but only just over Skyrim.
    I was a purist mage player so the dumbed down magic in oblivion and skyrim was a bit dissapointing but skyrim was a move in the right direction, give me spell making back with more spell variety for noncombat use and ill be very happy.
    I love the alchemy system in Skyrim, I got the collectors edition notebook and made it into a sort of alchemists workbook to record as many concoctions as I could through experimentation, i went as far as to name them. It was a terrific and immersive part of the game for me.
    I've honestly never played a pure mage all the way through a playthrough of any of the three TES games i've played. In Morrowind id start off all magicky, then end up at lv 40 with full daedric armour/daikatana occasionally casting almsivi intervention, in oblivion you had to cast these fucking training spells in a room 100 times to make sure you got the right bloody multipliers when you leveled up, so I gave up on that, and in skyrim I've only ever played magic hybrids, i.e. Stealth with alch+illusion, paladin type with melee and restoration spells etc, but never pure mage.

That said, I'd say magic is done best in skyrim. In Morrowind it just felt kinda clunky, and in Oblivion it was rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Morrowind for me, best architect atmosphere and music. All 3 is good though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I prefer skyrim atm

Morrowind was my first TES game, it really brought me into the series and that genre of games in general. I loved that game. Originally I played it in german, as I live in germany at the time. That was fun.

Had so many hours played in that game, and in general just messing around with mods. I never did get very far in the story though. I completed Solstheim, but that's about it.

A close second is Skyrim. I've had loads of fun with that too.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Morrowind will always be my favorite <3. Of course I have mine modded with the MWE XE and updated meshes and textures so it looks nice.

Deleted
    Morrowind, it was a true RPG that didnt take people by the hand and guide them to every single quest WITH A FUCKING ARROW or fast travel because silt striders and running was too hard or time consuming. morrowind was an RPG for RPGers, oblivion and skyrim was made for the wotlk generation of gamers.

Deleted
    While Morrowind has aged rather bad (in my opinion) I still voted on it, mostly because of the levitate and jump skills and greater freedom when customizing spells as well as the superior (i.e. not console contaminated) interface.

Skyrim and Oblivion weren't bad though but they (just slightly) failed to grasp me the same way Morrowind did.

Oblivion>Morrowind>Skyrim

Oblivion has the best quests, characters, atmosphere and land for me. Morrowind is fun. Skyrim is just an epic fail.

Deleted
    While I played both of the previous TES games I only really got into Skyrim. The other games simply overwhelmed me with choice and the lack of direction was disheartening. I gave up both Morrowind and Oblivion a few hours into the game because I simply hadn't grasped the concept of TES games.

I pushed through the slow beginning in Skyrim simply because of the hype the game generated and I wanted to see what it was all about. About 4-5 hours into the game it "clicked" and I was hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    While I played both of the previous TES games I only really got into Skyrim. The other games simply overwhelmed me with choice and the lack of direction was disheartening. I gave up both Morrowind and Oblivion a few hours into the game because I simply hadn't grasped the concept of TES games.

I pushed through the slow beginning in Skyrim simply because of the hype the game generated and I wanted to see what it was all about. About 4-5 hours into the game it "clicked" and I was hooked.
    So people like you are the reason games become more casual with every year?
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2013-01-23 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

I don't mean to jump on you, but Morrowind doesn't have a lack of direction, as long as you bother to read stuff. The second NPC you talk to tells you to go to Caius Cosades in Balmora, he tells you how to get there, and he even gives you an item with written directions. Then when you get to Balmora, if you're under level 5 when you first talk to Caius he gives you some gold and tells you to join one of the local guilds to get some more experience. He then provides you with directions to said guild. All this stuff is also recorded in your journal.

It's not like you're the first one I've ever heard say this, but I still just don't get how any new player that reads what the NPCs say doesn't end up in the fighters/mages guilds in the first 15 minutes. The game pretty much herds you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't mean to jump on you, but Morrowind doesn't have a lack of direction, as long as you bother to read stuff. The second NPC you talk to tells you to go to Caius Cosades in Balmora, he tells you how to get there, and he even gives you an item with written directions. Then when you get to Balmora, if you're under level 5 when you first talk to Caius he gives you some gold and tells you to join one of the local guilds to get some more experience. He then provides you with directions to said guild. All this stuff is also recorded in your journal.

It's not like you're the first one I've ever heard say this, but I still just don't get how any new player that reads what the NPCs say doesn't end up in the fighters/mages guilds in the first 15 minutes. The game pretty much herds you there.
    Exactly. Everything you need is in your journal always. There are also NPCs who can tell you about specific places and people, and the direction signs too. If you can read, you'll have no problems with directions.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me Skyrim. I have have every TES release since Daggerfall and while they all have their charms, Skyrim for me is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    Morrowind, it was a true RPG that didnt take people by the hand and guide them to every single quest WITH A FUCKING ARROW or fast travel because silt striders and running was too hard or time consuming. morrowind was an RPG for RPGers, oblivion and skyrim was made for the wotlk generation of gamers.
    I dont know what Morrowind you were playing but there was no run function. You either walk, walk slightly faster with floppy arms or stand while slowly moving forward.