Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Movies] If you could go back in time to a movie premier...

... what movie would that be? You know, that one movie (or few movies) that made you so excited that you just couldn't wait for it, and then that day arrived and you went to the theater to finally see it with your friends, bf, gf, family, etc, and it was just so awesome that you remember it to this day?

For me it would probably be LotR movies, or the new Star Wars trilogy. I remember the excitement these movies caused on everyone. Went to the theater for the Phantom Menace's premier and there were line huge queue lines going around whole blocks in every theater I knew. The city literally stopped. Everyone I know went and saw it. Awesome times. So hard to see a movie these days doing that to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to Harry Potter 1 - 7.5 on the day of release/Midnight releases.
    I went to the latest Batman trilogy's midnight screenings of each.
    Midnight screening of The Hunger Games.

I never liked the LotR/Star Wars movies.

Probably would have gone to the 1960's Psycho.
    Genre defining.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    never been that excited about films >.< the only films i actively waited for were the scary movie film series

Return of the Jedi and Return of the King if we are talking about Hollywood premiers and not just your local ghetto cinema.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would go back to the Crow premier at the theater in Santa Monica where I saw it the first time. I do mean the premier as well since the remaining cast was all present and I got to meet some of them as well as other stars.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Andrei Tarkovsky's STALKER premiere in 1979
    at Dom Kino, Moscow
    Soviet Union

It's my favorite movie ever and I was born way after it came out. In Europe, mind you.
    Last edited by mmoc793587eee1; 2012-07-31 at 01:10 PM.

The depressing part for myself is that when the LOTR movies were released I was only 9, 10 and 11 years old ... So whilst I loved the movies, I didn't really get any kind of intense excitement over them. Not the way I feel now about The Hobbit .. Or Avengers .. Or The Dark Knight Rises. I just thought they were cool movies with Orcs, Swords, Bows, Magic etc etc.

So if i could go back in time AND REMAIN 19 for all those premieres? Definitely the LOTR trilogy. Hands down.

If I could go back in time and go to a movie premiere that I didn't get to go to? The Dark Knight/Batman Begins.

However if we're essentially just talking about a Movie/s and how we felt at the time during the premiere ... Then as much as I hate to admit this, It would have to be Star Wars : The Phantom Menace. I was like 7 years old, I'd watched the Original Trilogy and honestly didn't understand much about it except for that Lightsabers were awesome, Darth Vader was Luke's father, Han Solo was awesome and C-3PO/R2D2 were the funniest robots ever. So the Anticipation for the new Star Wars movie was not only THE COOLEST THING EVER AT 7 YEARS OLD, But my parents were SUPER excited as well so it just Bred excitement.

Of course now I think back on that and /facepalm ... How easily amused we are as Children :S

Deleted
    Any movie ever ?
    Casablanca, would love to feel the atmosphere of seeing Bogart and Bergman on the silver screen in the early 40's. Especially watching a film that would become a timeless classic.

The one I most remember is Return Of The Jedi. For weeks there so many commercials, promotional items that it was all anyone could talk about. So, the day it opened my parents pulled us out of class and we saw a 3 PM showing. It was really cool especially the getting out of school part. I would love to go back and see that one again as a kid.

The other one was The Phantom Menace. My brother had been teasing me he was going to see it opening day. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to due to classes. As luck would have it I went to school and my class got cancelled. When I got back home my roommate and I realized this meant we could go see the movie. So, we took a chance and went to the movie theater. We missed the 1 PM showing but got tickets to the 2 PM show so in the end I got to see it before my brother did.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Went to the theater for the Phantom Menace's premier and there were line huge queue lines going around whole blocks in every theater I knew. The city literally stopped. Everyone I know went and saw it.
    Same with me. And afterwards, every single one of them was disapointed. :/

I would go back in time and watch Return of the Jedi again. My dad took me to watch it when it came out back in the 80's, but I barely remember much about it as I was merely a kid. I would love to experience that epic moment again but with this time I would like to remember it

Edit: haha, /highfive Skippy88
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2012-07-31 at 02:10 PM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    I missed nothing important except for pulp fiction and apocalypse now (which wasn't as the redux version in cinemas)

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. Movie openings don't excite me. I've been to a few midnight screenings and they're always a huge hassle. I prefer to see movies in the afternoon so I don't have to line up for 90mins before just to get an okay seat.

I really can't even pick a movie. Nothing is gained by seeing something early. Maybe getting into the initial screening of Star Wars before the press and public caught wind of it.

I saw one of the newer Star Wars movies the day it came out....on MUSHROOMS! I wouldn't mind experiencing that again. Not because of the movie, i couldn't tell you shit about it, except that light-sabers look badass while tripping

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. The movie was good, but I have my own special reason...

This theater had two different screens showing a midnight premier, yet every single person was lined up at a single one. In front, was this 30 something year old man with his 65 year old mother both sitting in lawn charis. My cousins and I had been walking around rather than standing in line, knowing that there was another screen right down the hall that would accessible once they allowed people into the first one.

This 30 something year old man LOSES his shit on us (the oldest at the time being.. 19? 20?). He is screaming his head off about how he had been there for 10 hours, making sure he was the first person in so he would have his choice of seat. Cursing his head off at the lot of us, his mother starts in the exact same tone. This, of course, draws the attention of employees and other patrons alike. The employees (and eventually a manager) as this man and his mother to calm down. They continue on their tirade. They continue to tell them we tried to "cut" in line, attempted to steal their chairs, etc etc. The second they mentioned us trying to steal their chairs, about 45 people chimed in accusing them of lying. The manager, not wanting to deal with it any longer, told the two to leave before he had to call the police.

I shit you not; they both got kicked out after sitting at the theater for over 10 hours. The son was in tears (and I found is absolutely fucking hilarious) and the mother was mortified as she had to make multiple trips back in to remove all of their items. The entire time she's removing their items from the theater, multiple people are continuing to heckle her. Multiple looks of absolute disapproval and many unkind words. The kicker? They let people right into the theaters as she was making her last trip in, and she had to watch while we all went go in and see the movie. My cousins and I simply looked at her, had a group laugh, and walked down to the second screen while most people piled into the first theater.

I will NEVER forget this encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    the dark knight rises
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Gigli. Nah just joking.

The only movie i waited and was excited to see was Indiana Jones 4.
    Too bad the movie was a letdown

I'd go to the premier again but i wouldnt watch that movie

Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. The movie was good, but I have my own special reason...

This theater had two different screens showing a midnight premier, yet every single person was lined up at a single one. In front, was this 30 something year old man with his 65 year old mother both sitting in lawn charis. My cousins and I had been walking around rather than standing in line, knowing that there was another screen right down the hall that would accessible once they allowed people into the first one.

This 30 something year old man LOSES his shit on us (the oldest at the time being.. 19? 20?). He is screaming his head off about how he had been there for 10 hours, making sure he was the first person in so he would have his choice of seat. Cursing his head off at the lot of us, his mother starts in the exact same tone. This, of course, draws the attention of employees and other patrons alike. The employees (and eventually a manager) as this man and his mother to calm down. They continue on their tirade. They continue to tell them we tried to "cut" in line, attempted to steal their chairs, etc etc. The second they mentioned us trying to steal their chairs, about 45 people chimed in accusing them of lying. The manager, not wanting to deal with it any longer, told the two to leave before he had to call the police.

I shit you not; they both got kicked out after sitting at the theater for over 10 hours. The son was in tears (and I found is absolutely fucking hilarious) and the mother was mortified as she had to make multiple trips back in to remove all of their items. The entire time she's removing their items from the theater, multiple people are continuing to heckle her. Multiple looks of absolute disapproval and many unkind words. The kicker? They let people right into the theaters as she was making her last trip in, and she had to watch while we all went go in and see the movie. My cousins and I simply looked at her, had a group laugh, and walked down to the second screen while most people piled into the first theater.

I will NEVER forget this encounter.
    Lol, thats how serial killers are born. nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    1st Pokemon Movie.

Get a free pokemon card

Return of the King was pretty awesome. My sister was the only other person I knew who even cared much about LotR, so she went with me. I loved all the "fake endings" where people started to get up and leave. Return of the King was the only one I actually saw in a theater.

I also went to see Star Wars 1-3. I don't understand all the hate Phantom Menace got. I was born in 1985, so the older Star Wars movies all came out before my time. It'd be cool to go back and see those when they opened at one of those old drive-in theaters.