Need help with my dps: Combat Rogue!

I recently got my rogue to level 85 and I have been reading and researching a lot on Rogue dps ( Mainly Combat ). I have ran several simulators with my toons gear and they are all telling me i should be doing 25k+ and on the dummy i am only doing about 15k dps. I am trying to increase my dps so that I can get ito DS pugs n order to get better gear, can anyone help me?

My "rotation" is, SS, SnD, SS till 5 CP's and Evicerate, and i keep repeating it.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A9tta/simple

Thanks for your help,
    Wampa

Theres your problem. Open out of stealth with an ambush into a 5 CP Rupture then into a 5 CP SnD then evicerate when you don't have to refresh. And repeat that interlooping cooldowns whenever they are off cooldown but never at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grakkal View Post
    Theres your problem. Open out of stealth with an ambush into a 5 CP Rupture then into a 5 CP SnD then evicerate when you don't have to refresh. And repeat that interlooping cooldowns whenever they are off cooldown but never at the same time.
    You can do what this guy told you to, and then regret ever taking the advice of us trolls at MMO-C, or you could do the RIGHT thing...

Your rotation is right as it is. However, if you have 4 CP's then use a Revealing Strike. Only when you have 4 CP's, if you have 5 use Eviscerate immediately. Another important aspect of the Combat rotation is the cooldown usage. The rotation emphasizes the refreshing of cooldowns via the Restless Blades talent. Every Eviscerate will lower their cooldowns with 10 secs. Therefore, it's important that you use your Killing Spree and Adrenalin Rush whenever you can, so they can be refreshed as soon as possible. Note, do not use them at the same time! If both are off cooldown, use your Killing Spree first then the Adrenalin Rush. If you pop both at once, you won't be able to perform any actions during your Adrenalin Rush due to Killing Spree, and you'll waste it.

1. Maintain Slice and Dice
    2. Build CP's with Sinister Strike
    3. Revealing Strike at 4 CP's
    4. Eviscerate at 5 CP's
    5. Use cooldowns on cooldown, or delay them for some seconds if it will give you some kinda dps boost.

That's all you need to do as Combat.

NOTE: Rogues are very, very, very, raid buff dependent! The 25k theoretical dps you should be able to do is likely fully raid buffed. You'll never do that kind of dps on a dummy.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 02:42 AM ----------

Noticed you're not using the glyphs of Blade Flurry and Tricks of the Trade. You should.

First rule of being a troll. You know it. next time don't point out that I am trolling :3 Just go with it! :\

Quote Originally Posted by Grakkal View Post
    First rule of being a troll. You know it. next time don't point out that I am trolling :3 Just go with it! :\
    troll when some people are NOT trying to get better please...

In addition to what Incineration said, I would recommend replacing sprint glyph with feint. There are very few situations where the sprint glyph is useful but feint glyph is extremely useful in most fights (actually, I believe feint can be used in every single DS fight). Glyphing feint saves your healers mana without costing you any dps.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    In addition to what Incineration said, I would recommend replacing sprint glyph with feint. There are very few situations where the sprint glyph is useful but feint glyph is extremely useful in most fights (actually, I believe feint can be used in every single DS fight). Glyphing feint saves your healers mana without costing you any dps.
    Completely forgot to mention this. Feint is a very powerful tool for damage reduction and mastering its usage will likely save both your healers mana and yourself in a lot of fights.

A guide for PvE rogues is in my sig, it's updated to 4.3 so you can find pretty much all what incineration and the others said, just with more info on specs, gear, enchants and so on.

Does having the legendary daggers (or the progessives up to it) change the dynamics for using rupture vs. eviscerate? I know eviscerate is based on mh weapon damage, so it gets alot weaker with a fast mh dagger. Wasn't sure if rupture is based on the same thing or is different. Does having the legendary main hand make rupture better than eviscerate even if no bleed on the target? Thanks!

Not at all. If you want to max out your damage, you need to use rupture under determined conditons. If you skip rupture, you won't lose much.

Having legendaries or not doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Does having the legendary daggers (or the progessives up to it) change the dynamics for using rupture vs. eviscerate? I know eviscerate is based on mh weapon damage, so it gets alot weaker with a fast mh dagger. Wasn't sure if rupture is based on the same thing or is different. Does having the legendary main hand make rupture better than eviscerate even if no bleed on the target? Thanks!
    Eviscerate is not based on weapon damage at all, neither is rupture.

According to Shadowcraft your theoretical dps output is around 29k.

Your major problem is that you're testing on a dummy which is completely inaccurate. Do LFR and in particular watch your DPS on Ultraxion and possibly Morchok (in the black phase, wait till you start taking damage then Feign, then Cloak when it wears off and you should be able to survive without running out) as these are fairly straightforward single target burn fights.

Technically you want to open with Garrotte but usually this is not worth it due to the time taken to get into position, SnD as soon as you have CPs and watch when it's about to fall off and refresh it with whatever CPs you have available (don't get caught with no CPs when it's falling off). Otherwise 5pt evisc with one Revealing Strike woven in - I usually do it around the 2nd or 3rd CP.

The contribution of Rupture even if you time it perfectly is like ~100 dps so most Rogues just drop it. You will never notice the difference whether you do it or not. Legendaries change nothing about your rotation other than having to keep an eye out for a proc and spam eviscerate while it's up. It can screw up your rotation if it comes at a bad time but there's nothing you can do about that so proceed as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    According to Shadowcraft your theoretical dps output is around 29k.

Your major problem is that you're testing on a dummy which is completely inaccurate. Do LFR and in particular watch your DPS on Ultraxion and possibly Morchok (in the black phase, wait till you start taking damage then Feign, then Cloak when it wears off and you should be able to survive without running out) as these are fairly straightforward single target burn fights.

Technically you want to open with Garrotte but usually this is not worth it due to the time taken to get into position, SnD as soon as you have CPs and watch when it's about to fall off and refresh it with whatever CPs you have available (don't get caught with no CPs when it's falling off). Otherwise 5pt evisc with one Revealing Strike woven in - I usually do it around the 2nd or 3rd CP.

The contribution of Rupture even if you time it perfectly is like ~100 dps so most Rogues just drop it. You will never notice the difference whether you do it or not. Legendaries change nothing about your rotation other than having to keep an eye out for a proc and spam eviscerate while it's up. It can screw up your rotation if it comes at a bad time but there's nothing you can do about that so proceed as normal.
    combat hasnt opened with garrote in god knows how long...they tricks the damn tank, pot 1-2 seconds before the pull, run in, and hit SS and go to town...