Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Does anyone else think that the Olympics should be held in America every time?

This is not a racist thing either, but the fact that I can't watch the Olympics live because it's in another country is really frustrating to me.

There are a few moral reasons why this is messed up too.

1) The Olympics are being held in Great Britain. Great Britain only has 3 medals so far, and isn't even a serious contender. Normally in sporting events, the champions get to play on the home field, and America is currently leading the race with 21 medals.

2) America funds 90% of the Olympics. I don't understand how Great Britain can expect us to foot the bill so that their country can profit off of all the tourism and business that the Olympics draws in.

3) Most people in other countries don't even have cable television, so it doesn't even matter if they are able to watch the events live or not.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm seriously frustrated by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you can watch the olympics live if you go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

No, I think it's really cool that the Olympics are a worldwide affair.

Deleted
    Actually we have 4 medals lol, but we are doing amazingly well in the Rowing, we could possibly win 16 gold medals in the Rowing!

Seriously, what the hell are you smoking? I can't even begin to deconstruct the ignorance...

Well, there goes the spirit of the Olympics...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    3) Most people in other countries don't even have cable television, so it doesn't even matter if they are able to watch the events live or not.
    Ignorance is bliss.

This is not a racist thing either, but the fact that I can't watch the Olympics live because it's in another country is really frustrating to me.

1) The Olympics are being held in Great Britain. Great Britain only has 3 medals so far, and isn't even a serious contender. Normally in sporting events, the champions get to play on the home field, and America is currently leading the race with 21 medals.

2) America funds 90% of the Olympics. I don't understand how Great Britain can expect us to foot the bill so that their country can profit off of all the tourism and business that the Olympics draws in.

What do you mean the US funds the Olympics? I don't think we've paid a dime in taxpayer dollars to either China or the UK. Pretty sure China has/had more gold medals than us -- does that mean they can declare they should get it just because?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Yep there it is .... what is giving some amaricans a bad rep.

it is pretty much all a ME ME ME ME ME thing ....

feel free to backup your claims tbh ... ESP. claim 2 and 3

as 1 is just silly.

Seriously ? If you were to go by your logic then the Olympics should be held nowhere besides Athens, you know where the event originated...

No, because the other countries deserve just as much of a chance to host it as we do.

So because you have to stay up late it should only be in America? What about the rest of the world that isnt on US time?

1. Hosting has nothing to do with the medal chances as far as I know. Of course GB won't be a huge medal hall the simple size of the *ability* pool China USA and Russia have must be huge compared to GB.

2. Source for this?

3. If thats the case no more people could view it even if it was in America. And I dout this as I think the opening was watched by some 3billion people or some crazy figure according the papers/commentators.

Not sure if the post is serious. From what I take of it, I don't want to stay up late to watch it so It should be in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's retarded.

The Olympics are about the world coming together to compete. It should be hosted in a different nation each time as a symbol of its diversity.

And just because we win a lot of gold doesn't mean we get a monopoly, or any control, of where the Olympics should be located.

Finally, if they were located in only one place, then that place should actually be Greece.
    Putin khuliyo

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using your logic China should hold the Olympics every 4 years because more people live there ergo deserve it more. China have won what, 19 medals already? Britain won 19 Golds last olympics and were only on the 3rd day anyway, you can't make a judgement about who will win over all till near the end although China are doing very well -.-
    Gear Score is a good representation of skill, enchants, and gems...NOH! WAI-....

NO! If we go for that logic, the event needs to be held in Greece every time!

HELL NO!

This way is the best and I REALLY don't see a good reason to be held EVERY TIME in America.

EDIT: And btw, do you know why it is called Olympic games?
    Last edited by Baloneyz; 2012-07-31 at 07:35 PM.

And America should be the country that the UN is based in, and America should have all the best football players, and American football is the only real football, and American cheese is the best cheese.

Source for 2), and fuck off on 3).

How's it feel to be a living stereotype?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) The Olympics aren't a normal sporting event, they involve damn near all the countries on the planet and if it was held in a certain country every single time then other countries would eventually get fed up with it, and rightly so.
    2) From what I have read America does not fund the Olympic games, rather it is privately funded. If you can teach me otherwise, I would appreciate a link.
    3) If people in other countries do not have cable television then wouldn't that be more of an incentive to watch it live and from the stadium?
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Deleted
    What a selfish attitude to have, the world is bigger than the USA you know?

'meeeericaaa!!!

No.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Seriously, what the hell are you smoking? I can't even begin to deconstruct the ignorance...
    This ^ The point of the Olympics isn't to see which country is best by getting the most medals, it's meant to bring the world together and to promote progression and sportsmanship across the world.