MoP Ret: Haste vs Crit [PVP]

so ive been doing some testing on PTR and Beta. (2 licenses) and i have come to notice that im still favoring crit over haste, but when i look at the new season 12 sets we are getting mostly haste on our gear. i want to say this is mostly play style but i love my big heals when i need them but i want other peoples opinions too.

Ret is a wet paper bag....the crits aren't even that great anymore and selfless healer is easily dispelled which renders a baseline heal useless. Still think mastery is the way to go while still having a decent amount of crit.

You have to look at what everything affects.

Haste affects your offensive AND defensive (More haste means more HP generators due to reduced cds on exo, CS and judgment) Haste also means more instant FoLs through selfless healer because of more judgments.

Crit affects Offensive AND defensive. Crit FoL / WoGs heal for more, though without last word this won't be as clutch/needed. We will have more consistent WoGs/FoLs.

Mastery Only affects Offensive.

So in terms of UTILITY, mastery isn't really the way to go. If you're ONLY look at straight up damage, well that comes down to your comp, and what your fighting as well as how much uptime you have on the kill target. I'm personally going to go with pure haste this season if we can get haste to decent levels. Other-wise i'll be sticking with Crit.

This is all just my opinion though!

Btw you can PTR and beta on the same account

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    Btw you can PTR and beta on the same account
    I'm pretty sure there was a blue post a little while ago stating you couldn't.. hmm ~_~; can't seem to find it though. Damn you sleep-deprived mind! playing tricks on me..

15+ Year Old Account
    You can enter ptr if you have beta.Just change the account,e.g. if beta is wow1 use wow2 for ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a blue post a little while ago stating you couldn't.. hmm ~_~; can't seem to find it though. Damn you sleep-deprived mind! playing tricks on me..
    Only reason for my post was to prove that blue post wrong with my own experiences =)