10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 API Tools - Dps Calc (weapon compare) - Toon Comparison

*Note, API is not live, so all features are not open yet*
    **Some people have complained of it not working when they hit Load Heroes, please let me know what Browser you are using*

I'm Kieble which for those who played WOW might recognize, I created the Haste Breakpoint Tool, and the CTC Calculation Tools. I have vast experience with the Blizzard WOW API, and so I thought I would try my skills at the D3 API. So far I have been working on 2 major projects. They are only in test phase till the API comes out and i'll have to tweak a few things, but you can easily preview them now.

Project 1 - Comparison Tool
    Status - Completed
    Location - http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/compare/ (will be updating links and making a splash page at /D3/

This tool is made to compare to users stats down the board. You start by inputting both users battle tags. Since I have had to use "dummy" data that I store locally only 2 users will work. First user will be "Kieble#1634", make sure to cap first letter (i haven't done verification yet). Second user do "Straton#1".

These are the two users I have created so far. Once you have entered those in, click "Load Heroes". This will bring up each hero for both battetags. Click on a hero for either side. This should bring up a list of all their stats with certain stats highlighted in different colors.

Green stats will show when one hero has a higher stat than the other. Blue indicates equals. You can also see specs at the bottom and highlight over them to get talent details.

Step 1: Insert player 1's battletag ("Kieble#1634" only works at this time)
    Step 2: Insert player 2's battletag ("Straton#1" only works at this time)
    Step 3: Select heroes for player 1 and player 2.
    Step 4: Enjoy a detailed comparison of the two players.

Project 2 - DPS Calc
    Status - Will need updates once API releases
    Location - http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/dpsCalc/

This tool does what all those excel sheet tools and online input tools do. However, you no longer have to input your own data. It will look up alll your stats from the API and do calculations to get your dps. It will then bring up an armory looking view of your toon. You select an item, and it will bring up a box allowing you to input data for the stats of an item you'd want to see how it affects you. Once you input the information hit the "Check" button and it will compare how that item will affect your DPS. It will also show you DPS stat values for all stats before and after the new item. Currently I'm working on getting 1h+off hand items working, but 2h, and all armors should be working. If you want to start over, you have to click your heroes name again to reload the page (should be programming a fix for this so that you just have to reclick the weapon or the "Check" button.

Step 1: Insert BattleTag (only "Kieble#1634" works at this time)
    Step 2: Select hero (only "Kieble" works at this time)
    Step 3: Select item (only Weapon and Pants work at this time)
    Step 4: Insert stats for replacement item
    Step 5: Hit "Check" button that appears. (For weapons you must select 1h/2h/1h+oh)

To Do:
    1.) Change comparison to be green if it's an increase, and red if decrease.
    2.) Add support for 1h+oh and just oh
    3.) Remove some extra information that isn't needed.

Comments, Criticism, or any information is welcome as this is extreme Beta.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 12:31 PM ----------

I'd appreciate any comments before the API goes live. Even if it's as simple as "your UI sucks" or "too much black" it'll be helpful in getting this ready for the API release.
    Last edited by kieble; 2012-08-02 at 02:25 PM.
    Haste Breakpoint Calculator! -------- CTC Calculator!

Sig by Elyaan | My Work | Que: 3 | PMs: OPEN

Tried the DPS tool but it's not showing me any data at all. I put in the battletag and nothing happens.

Also while maybe premature, I would hope to see effective health calculated as well as relative stat weights such as.

1000 ehp is _______dmg___________Dex(primary stat) value
    1.86 vit----------dex 40.61---------------1
    1.66 res---------CH 1163.85-------------28.66
    12.82 armor----CD 113.54---------------2.80

edit - the comparison tool is also down.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-08-02 at 04:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a couple people say they aren't able to get the load button to work. Can you tell me what browsers you're attempting on and wether you have javascript enabled?

Deleted
    Looks like when using 'www' in front of the adress the AJAX calls are still made to 'unyieldingvalor.com....', probably a crossdomain issue or something. When changing the address to unyieldingvalor.com/..etc (without the www) the AJAX calls succeed. Tested with Firefox 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnermans View Post
    Looks like when using 'www' in front of the adress the AJAX calls are still made to 'unyieldingvalor.com....', probably a crossdomain issue or something. When changing the address to unyieldingvalor.com/..etc (without the www) the AJAX calls succeed. Tested with Firefox 14.
    you my sir, are brilliant. I changed the AJAX request to use www. so now all the links should work. However, the ones without www. don't now. Do you happen to know how to fix that? I can't say i've ever had www. cause problems with AJAX.

Edit: DOH >< mind blank. It's all local so I can just use ../../ instead of direct paths. Silly me. Thank you very much, I've been trying to figure out why this hasn't been working for the last 24 hours!
    Last edited by kieble; 2012-08-02 at 02:28 PM.

I really don't care much about looks over functionality but "too much black" comes to mind when I see the page and I like black. Perhaps have the comparison boxes with a bit more contrast or maybe the item slots. I'm not sure lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I really don't care much about looks over functionality but "too much black" comes to mind when I see the page and I like black. Perhaps have the comparison boxes with a bit more contrast or maybe the item slots. I'm not sure lol.
    Yeah, i'll probably be doing a redo of the UI once the actual API is up and running and i have all the functionality worked out. Probably move to a more traditional styling like twitter bootstrap.

To much coding still to do to get it ready for operational now to redo it though. I've added colors to the comparison today (green for +, red for - and thought about doing blue for breaking even). I also plan on doing a redo of the center input area since I'd like to eventually add EH comparison. It should be just pulling a few extra stats and pushing them along once I have everything the way I want it. Currently the only major flaw I know is that it doesn't work effectively with 1h+oh cause we have no data to test that on.

Edit: I changed the background to blue so it's not all so dreary, maybe it looks like crap like that but it's something till i can get to a redesign.
    Last edited by kieble; 2012-08-02 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Made some major updates, should work for all browsers now. Now just to await the API arrival. Can I get some C&C beforeit goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by kieble View Post
    Made some major updates, should work for all browsers now. Now just to await the API arrival. Can I get some C&C beforeit goes live?
    I like the dps part but I'm not a fan of the layout on the compare. I assume it will change with the api available. Perhaps showing images of said classes or something like that in between the stats. It feels somewhat cluttered in the middle of my screen and think it could use a break like class silhouettes /portraits.

I'd also like to see EHP values even if you don't manage the relative eho stats.(saw the dmg ones and really dig it) But if not that's what spreadsheets are for! Anyway looks like it will be pretty solid and I look forward to seeing how it changes with the API release.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-08-04 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I like the dps part but I'm not a fan of the layout on the compare. I assume it will change with the api available. Perhaps showing images of said classes or something like that in between the stats. It feels somewhat cluttered in the middle of my screen and think it could use a break like class silhouettes /portraits.

I'd also like to see EHP values even if you don't manage the relative eho stats.(saw the dmg ones and really dig it) But if not that's what spreadsheets are for! Anyway looks like it will be pretty solid and I look forward to seeing how it changes with the API release.
    I've had multiple posts saying they like the simplistic layout and large amount of data provided so I won't be changing it too much unless I do a full recode. As for the EHP it'll come later. I'd prefer C&C to the current implementation, something more than I don't like the look and add EHP.