Daily Life on a PvP Server?

What's it like?

Played on a PvP server when the game first came out. Been playing PvE servers only the last few years. Thinking about playing on a PvP server again, for the World PvP, and hopefully to get some RBGs going with like-minded people.

What are things like the out and about on a balanced high pop PVP server? Is it relatively easy to do daily quests? Will I be able to quest in the new zones when MoP comes out? Or is it just a huge exercise in futility and a complete gankfest?

Any particular classes make life easier on a PvP server (I'm deciding which to xfer over or reroll)? Not looking for the OP recommendations, but just any particular class/role benefits that make things a bit more tolerable.

Thanks for any insights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, there isn't much world PvP anymore. You might get ganked occassionally at a quest hub...and it can be bit tough when an expansion first comes out...but for the most part...hardly a difference at all.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

will you be able to quest? no. i remember trying to do Firelands daily quests on Warsong-us, it was impossible without entering in direct pvp against 3++ allys

is that fun? maybe, if you enjoy pvp or like to kill random players is OK. I like it.

places like booty bay fishing contest are very good places for pvp at Sundays, or even gurubashi arena when the trinket spawns

about classes: rogue will make your life easier, just go stealth to avoid pvp when you don't want to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Honestly, there isn't much world PvP anymore. You might get ganked occassionally at a quest hub...and it can be bit tough when an expansion first comes out...but for the most part...hardly a difference at all.
    pretty much 100% this- there is not a big difference between pve and pvp servers.only difference is on a pvp server you can find someone to fight/gank in questing hubs from time to time.also there is much much more arena/rbgs going on on pvp servers.i find pvp servers are more fun/better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what you do, "world PvP" is non existent, it's just ganking if anything. Whilst leveling at the start of the expac it's hell, feel sorry for the people who have to go through it. Shame really because I remember the first time we did For the Alliance! and raided all of the Horde cities, damn that was epic, one of the best times I've had on WoW.

Deleted
    You never move from Stormwind/OG. Last time I saw member of the opposite faction was when I had to fly to DS because everyone's mass summon was on CD.

Almost no difference. The leveling zones are practically dead, World PvP doesn't exist anymore and Blizz makes sure to implement safe zones, plenty of phasing nonsense or ridiculously strong guards whenever there's potential for PvP.

Deleted
    with flying mounts you dont even notice its a pvp server
    only on expantions or big patchs
    there is no reason to go out there, and if you do dailies, just mount up and done

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing separating the PvE server experience from a PvP server experience is "that guy" who will gank you because he has nothing better to do. Which almost never happens.

The last time I had world pvp in this expansion was at launch and when alliance come to durotar in a raid group. I sometimes get a straggler and they will get on their main, but it's an extremely short-lived conflict.

Hai...Don't listen to what most people say about WPVP being not existent. It very much depends on your realm and its community. Most of them probably play on PVP realms where it greatly favours 1 faction or the other. Look at the big ones in the US - KT, Blackrock, Illidan, Malganis.

However, on a realm which has a fairly equal ratio of Alliance and Horde, there is much WPVP going on if you know where to look. I currently play on Emerald Dream US. It is a RP - WPVP realm. Though most of the PVP is RP based among opposite guilds there are some pretty hardcore WPVP specific guilds on both sides.

ED has probably a 51%:49% A:H ratio. However, this is due to a lot of Horde faction changing Alliance of late. But very rarely will you come across a 1v1 situation. There are usually big groups from my experience that stick together and go out looking for WPVP. So at times you will end up with massive 40 v 40 fights.

So there isn't too many classes that would benefit you on those occasions. I find it pretty easy to do my daily quests depending on the time of day but I recommend grouping up with others once you are in TB. This again varies from realm to realm and is very realm specific. I can hardly say my experience will be universal for everyone since WPVP on my realm is pretty much and very much alive so you are always looking over your shoulder.

However, there are a certain classes that make life a bit easier and help you get out of tricky situations. Rogues probably the #1 class to level on a PVP server if you are any type of a hardcore PVPer. The amount of times you can reset fights and simply run away from a losing fight is pretty stupid if you ask me. Paladins help a bit as well with some decent burst damage and off heals. Hunters can make it easier as well if you ain't out numbered. Druids are another very strong contender on a PVP realm probably only falling behind rogue due to a rogue's vanish capability. But with instant flight form and a ton of survivability druids make a formidable class for PVP.

Other classes probably have their strengths but none of them can really survive on their own unless they simply out gear you or have back up. Elemental Shammies, Locks are probably ain't a class you want to be seen on and are easy kills 1 v 1. Warriors too ain't really hard. They lack heals outside of victory rush and their CDs.

Mages are all right but you either want a Rogue, Druid or Paladin. Death Knights especially blood DKs can be very hard to kill. I once came across 3 melee trying to get this blood dK down and he barely dropped below 80% HP.

Deleted
    At least when the expansion is coming the nerves of the faction that has the minority of players are going to wreck when leveling. I mean like a glass bottle under a bulldozer. The first few weeks for them are mainly just unbearable. The amount of ganking of the opposite faction will be increased to the point they will migrate to another server just to level their character to needed level.

As I play on a server which is overwhelmed by alliance and there are very few horde. At least I won't be attacking anyone unless they pick blood from their own noses. Since at the moment when an opposite faction player sees me in a group or even alone they immediately start backing up and mounting.

Fly around, gank the noobs.

I think that Cross-realms will help to bring back some world PvP (i hope so) so we can gank the low levels gankers x)

Life on a PvP server is similar to a PvE server only you can kill opposite factions players in contested areas.

also depend on the server. because i used a free transfer on a alt. and find out it horde is only about 2% of the population.
    and then you will find out you will get ganked alot. but if you have a healthy server you will be fine

The hunter's humanoid tracking makes life so easier on an active PvP server.

Speaking of Emerald Dream - US: I have 3 level 85 Horde characters there, and it needs more allience PvPers, so all the faction change from H to A is welcome. Horde has TB almost all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You run into the odd gank team of baddies, however they typically run off as soon as any kind of real competition shows up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you end up on a side in a PvP server which is in minority, then the opposite faction will camp you, since they have nothing to and they know that there won't be muich of a competition there.

If you play at odd times on a server like that questing is relatively peaceful, but if you end up in the peak hours, and you play the side that is minority, most probably it will be made hard as hell, by opposite faction killing all your mobs or you as well.

Choose wisely if you want to come to a PvP server.