10+ Year Old Account

Arrow Barb - A2 farm : 2h vs 1h

Hello,

I would like to know your opinion about what`s the best (fun + efficiency) way of gearing a barb for A2 farming:
    sword and board (better defence, more MF, slower dps maybe)
    vs
    2h (less defence, less MF, mode dps maybe)

thank you.

I farm act 2 as dual wield, it shreds big time. The stats on two weapons are awesome. The loss of the shield is not bad when you get a weapon with like 300 str or vit or LOH or crit dam or....see my point.

Ive done dual weild at 100k hp, that was like a tank with 2 weapons but I toned that down (didnt need it so high but was sure fun) Now at 76k hp but do 34k dps and rarely ever die. Fun as hell. Lots of trial and error but am where I like it now. Killed diablo about 3 weeks ago (sword and board) but it is just too tedious to farm with unless you truly have stellar gear.

next step, want to farm act 3 like act 2 speed-wise.

offf-topic a bit, a legendary plan dropped for me last night (Plan:Sages Wisdom) that sells for 50 plus mil in ah...going to sell i guess but that fact is it dropped in act 2 with 3 stacks of NV.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah.. but that weps are very expensive...

I`m trying to find a low budget - medium dps - doable farming spec...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    yeah.. but that weps are very expensive...

I`m trying to find a low budget - medium dps - doable farming spec...
    You can farm with anything - sword & board, 2H, DW. Just find the weapons you can afford and go to town. All that'll be affected is your speed.

Just because you've got a shield on, doesn't mean you can't go for a DPS build. Just get one with lots of strength and at least 8% crit chance.

Mine's got 81 strength, 9% crit chance, 28% block chance and a socket - with the right build my DPS can be around 45k and will drop quite a bit with most weapons. Any weapons I could use as an offhander which won't cause my DPS to drop will cost a lot more than the shield did!

10+ Year Old Account
    doable with out LoH ?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    doable with out LoH ?
    Absolutely doable. I run with a 160% extra crit dmg + 250% MF(after NV) sword and board build in which i do belial runs in 15-25 minutes, depending on the quantity and/or difficulty of elite spawns.