Deleted

Why are so many people posting in this forums about things other than wow?

I really am curious about it. I've seen people posting about politics,science,history even dating on this forums, am i the only one that finds it a bit odd?

It's a community website with a heavy world of warcraft theme. Not a specific world of warcraft forum website (contrary to popular belief).
    Thats how i see it anyway.

It's sort of like a worldwide /2 (spam included)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    It depends.
    If you go into the off-topic forums, I hope you expect to see off-topic threads.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Well there's an off topic section, its there to be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are other forums on here dedicated to off-topic. If this was a WoW only no off topic forum I would find it weird. I stopped playing WoW about 2 months ago and I still come here for community interaction regarding things that are not WoW related.
    Host of the 2 Year Livestream Challenge http://www.twitch.tv/inexpensivegamer Gaming like the cheap asshat I am

Why would it annoy you? Just dont visit thoes parts on the forum. I personally enjoy the often good topics, different personalities

And the europe VS USA flamebait is always a good laugh. My european white ass likes to lol at the american education system that is so exspensive people are inn huge debt's before they have there first real job, health-care system that is so costly it can ruin your life, if you need mature surgery, and gun laws that kills more people than drunk driving by now?

Edit: I should Edit and say I love the USA trough I dont agree with everything trough!

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe he means that since we are in the World of Warcraft General Discussion section of MMO-Champion, why are people talking about science/politics/history/dating ect.

OT: People don't care where they post lol. They will click anywhere to get a new thread started. Spew what they have to say, then click post without thinking too much about it.

As a funny side note, You did the same thing you are complaining about in your post lol :P I don't care but just thought it was ironic.

Edit: If he is just talking in general, which includes the Off-topic, then no, it doesn't bug me and makes me curious as to why it bugs you :P
    Last edited by Yzyz; 2012-08-01 at 09:19 PM.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

It's a community forum, people like to discuss things, and debate issues. Maybe WoW is what brings most people to this site, but it's not like we have to talk about it all the time. The people who come to MMO-champ range from geniuses to grade school kids, so there is a wide range of opinions and viewpoints that one could find on any given issues. That's what makes forums great.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Because people have interests other than just video games...who woulda thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Why would it annoy you? Just dont visit thoes parts on the forum. I personally enjoy the often good topics, different personalities

And the europe VS USA flamebait is always a good laugh. My european white ass likes to lol at the american education system that is so exspensive people are inn huge debt's before they have there first real job, health-care system that is so costly it can ruin your life, if you need mature surgery, and gun laws that kills more people than drunk driving by now?

Edit: I should Edit and say I love the USA trough I dont agree with everything trough!
    At no point did the OP state that it annoyed him.
    Keep The Beats!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post
    I really am curious about it. I've seen people posting about politics,science,history even dating on this forums, am i the only one that finds it a bit odd?
    Well this is where you post is...

MMO-Champion
    » Forum
    » Off-Topic Forums
    » General Off-Topic
    » Why are so many people posting in this forums about things other than wow?

As you can see it never enters the wow section but does go into 2 sections that are off-topic and that is the whole point of these sections.
    Plus if you think about it, your post is about off topic posts thus in your eyes you have also now posted a non wow related post.

I haven't played WoW since 2010 or so.

Well geeeeee...its a website devoted to WoW and you're here in one of its forums titled...OFF-TOPIC. What's off-topic from WoW? Everything you just mentioned. I'm really not sure at what point this question could have seemed even remotely logical in your brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there's an off-topic section. Being off-topic, one would not expect us to talk about WoW here.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    After careful consideration...Because ponies.

Well this is the general off-topic forum. Non wow related discussion is supposed to happen here after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I like this forums better than any other forums, still subscribed to WoW or not.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

I came here for the video games but stayed for the discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because...this is the off-topic forum. Sorry, but there's not much else really to be said, and there's no real discussion here.