Deleted

Weapon decision troubles (elemental)

So, here´s the deal.

I already have hc mace from morchok and normal shield from warmaster.
    And tonight i was given hc Lightning Rod and i can´t decide what to use.

We have just started doing a few attempts on hc warmaster. So i don´t know when i will get a chance at hc shield.

Please help we with what weapon to use.

P.S. Can´t put links in my posts yet but my char is Vaftrudner on Argent Dawn EU

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 10:22 PM ----------

I can get my hands on the hc offhand from Ultraxion (if he ever drops it) if i get lucky.
    Last edited by mmoca2eef0d433; 2012-08-02 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much of an expert here....did a wowhead comparison if you wanna check it out: http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items=78418;78363:77227

Looks like staff gives you some extra 60 int, hit, lil haste....while the mace/shield gives you an extra red socket (so if you gem int its prob about the same including gem bonuses), half the hit but as spirit, and some crit.....plus like extra armor but prob not something to consider.

They are very close...esp when you consider the 60int on the staff is almost achievable with a int gem+set bonus which gives 50-60 int also......I would prob just stick with mace/shield and try to get the shield upgrade.....with power torrent wep chant and mighty int shield chant, prob similar SP/int either way but you end up with more crit.

Quick math:

Mace + shield
    616 int (626 with an epic gem in the shield)
    324 haste
    171 spirit
    85 crit
    56 reforged stat

Staff
    589 int
    339 hit
    362 haste
    3145 spellpower

All in all, they're about even, the mace + shield having more int, and the staff having more secondary stats. I'd use the mace + shield myself.