Thread: nvidia and ATI

nvidia and ATI

I've been up to date with the developments in GPU tech and performance until ~2 years ago; I'm a bit clueless at the moment: can anyone tell me / link an equivalent performance chart between some popular DX11 GPUs ?
    Ever since my old R9500XT, I've been using exclusively nvidia products; and now I'm considering some alternatives.
    Like, what's the ATI equivalent of GTX460 1gb, GTX465/470, GTX560(Ti) nowadays? Pros and cons (however, power consumption is not really important to me, my rig can handle even SLI'd 9800GX2)?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2012-08-02 at 05:34 AM.

Deleted
    ATi was bought up by AMD a few years ago; their Radeon series is now under AMD branding.

GTX 460 is about equal to a 6850. GTX 470 is not worth your time. GTX 560 is about equal to a 6870 and the GTX 560 Ti is about equal to a 6950 1GB.

Ignore what people say about drivers being better from X, it simply isn't true. One week AMD will have driver issues, the next nVidia.

I guess the main pro of nVidia would be better 3D support, cuda and "The way it's meant to be played", while AMD has better multi-monitor support, better GPGPU (at least in the current generation) and a somewhat bigger focus at the mid-range (albeit this is about to change with nVidias release of the 650 and 660 cards).

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/539?vs=542
    That's a good site to check your average benchmarks and to compare cards. Gives a nice overview.