Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaschnack View Post
    Hm, those "Cutting Edge" Feats of Strenght look curious. Might make those people a little happier that recently ranted about everyone getting easy access to heroic raiding with those stacking debuffs. The debuff will still allow more casual guilds or guilds with a little lower skillcap to get things done, while the guys that cleared it early, or disabled the debuff later on can show off their feats of strenght. But i bet there will still be people complaining, as usual ^^ Anyway, i think it's a nice step in the right direction to handle those "community" issues with the raid nerfs.
    You know those same people will end complaining that the unwashed masses just farmed heroic gear with the debuff ("free epics") and then used that gear to achieve the cutting edge feat, thereby lessening their accomplishments somehow.

I wonder if Blizzard has any plans on implementing Cutting Edge achievements at the guild level. At the very least, it would allow guilds to have a convenient track record of their progress.
    For the midcores:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Needing the trappings of success to last forever is selfish and childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you want Blizzard to make the game hard for you then you have to make your position the majority position. Oh wait, you don't want the majority in your sandbox because you want to be a special snowflake.... guess you are screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientNecro View Post
    You know those same people will end complaining that the unwashed masses just farmed heroic gear with the debuff ("free epics") and then used that gear to achieve the cutting edge feat, thereby lessening their accomplishments somehow.

I wonder if Blizzard has any plans on implementing Cutting Edge achievements at the guild level. At the very least, it would allow guilds to have a convenient track record of their progress.
    That might probably happen, true, since people ALWAYS find something to complain about. But there are also alot of guilds that might fall through that grid due to the cutting edge FOS being removed with every new content patch (or they aren't available anymore... you know what i mean ^^). Therefore there will be less guilds that can get those FOS later on in full heroic gear (just think about ragnaros heroic or lich king heroic, many guilds are STILL having a hard time beating them, because the mechanics make the fight not completely retard-proof, in MOP this will depend alot on the actual difficulty of the encounters).

But yea, I can see many people still complain about people getting the FOS like 2 weeks before the new patch with full heroic gear, nevertheless I think it's a good step in the right direction.

Deleted
    I really don't get how elitists can still complain, when we get challenge mode, where your skill level will be clearly visible trough the rankings. Ofcourse challenge mode will take individual skill, not just having the luck of being in the right guild.

Deleted
    Nice to see that they are allowing a bit of time and a maintenance period to pass before opening up the raids. Hopefully give servers a chance to stabalise and any of the big issues that will inevitably arise get sorted in that first maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Not yet unfortunately!
    Yet he still managed to complete it. Weird.
    Surrounded by idiots

"Raiders complain they have to raid LFR to get the improvements.
    They don't, really. The set bonuses are there in normal and heroic as well, and the item level is even higher."

They know how to look dumb, so they throw that kind of stupid answer...

Set bonuses do give a advantage. The LFR ilvl is high enough that good set bonuses from new tiers are real improvements over keeping your old set bonuses with a little higher ilvl from (maybe) last tier heroic sets.

So, to finish your set (2) and set (4) faster and get that damn good boost, every raider will feel the obligation to run LFR every week to get the damn set pieces (not mentioning trinkets with godly procs that always shows up every xpac and their ilvl doesn't matter since is just a little higher or lower).

When you take in consideration that LFR benefits a lot 10man raiding (few drops per boss in 10man, more decisions of who will get their set bonuses 1st, etc, while new LFR loot rules are damn good for all 25 players), it's a must have if you want to progress faster (and without most of the "who gets the set bonus" dilema).

Deleted
    Still, can't we assume that the first tier 5-man heroics will drop better gear than the first tier LFR? Something like this?

5-man normal < LFR raid < 5-man HC < normal raid < HC raid

This seems to make the most sense to me and should take away the "LFR is obligatory for raiders" sentiment.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHaggis View Post
    Still, can't we assume that the first tier 5-man heroics will drop better gear than the first tier LFR? Something like this?

This seems to make the most sense to me and should take away the "LFR is obligatory for raiders" sentiment.
    Currently in beta heroic 5 mans drop 463 level blues. Where as LFR will drop 483's

But if you see that part about the elite gear on that boss there will be 5 levels of gear.

Sense all 5 man is consider heroic as there is no normal 5 mans after you hit 90.

how did they get that video? The quest is bugged for me, the intro cinematic won't even play!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Currently in beta heroic 5 mans drop 463 level blues. Where as LFR will drop 483's

But if you see that part about the elite gear on that boss there will be 5 levels of gear.
    Well that's reason for concern :/.
    Blizzard can claim what they want: We WILL be obligated to do several LFR runs first (even if you loathe LFR, like let's say...most active raiders).

Daily Blink, your picture is not funny. Just saying

It's kind of funny that the bad schedule that was posted in the question was replicated in mmo-c.. evident that it's not going to be released on October 7, which is a sunday, but on October 9.

The blue answered a bit too fast.

Deleted
    Where are quarter 2 subs number conference supposed to be today?

I was actually a supporter of the slight delay in raiding content...but having some of the content delayed THAT far is completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    "Raiders complain they have to raid LFR to get the improvements.
    They don't, really. The set bonuses are there in normal and heroic as well, and the item level is even higher."

They know how to look dumb, so they throw that kind of stupid answer...

Set bonuses do give a advantage. The LFR ilvl is high enough that good set bonuses from new tiers are real improvements over keeping your old set bonuses with a little higher ilvl from (maybe) last tier heroic sets.

So, to finish your set (2) and set (4) faster and get that damn good boost, every raider will feel the obligation to run LFR every week to get the damn set pieces (not mentioning trinkets with godly procs that always shows up every xpac and their ilvl doesn't matter since is just a little higher or lower).

When you take in consideration that LFR benefits a lot 10man raiding (few drops per boss in 10man, more decisions of who will get their set bonuses 1st, etc, while new LFR loot rules are damn good for all 25 players), it's a must have if you want to progress faster (and without most of the "who gets the set bonus" dilema).
    Very true. Not that it matters for MoP, since Mogushan Vaults doesn't drop any tier. I'd rather this happen though then have to suffer through a single week of Looking for Derp mode.

Well that's reason for concern :/.
    Blizzard can claim what they want: We WILL be obligated to do several LFR runs first (even if you loathe LFR, like let's say...most active raiders).
    But who obligates you to do these LFR runs: Blizzard or yourself/guild. If anyone says Blizzard you are surely misguided. It is your choice to raid hardcore and to get every piece of help you can get. Do not ruin LFR gear because your personal and guild choices.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Ill take the top row second from the left. The rest are ugly as shit, dont be fooled by the cutenest and the skins.

Sky Admiral Rogers: "Get our birds in the air. Clear the decks. Stations, people!" ... "Cut the chatter!"

Hackneyed dialogue is hackneyed. Also, she sounds like the same voice actor used for Jaina in the Theramore event. Couldn't find someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Daily Blink, your picture is not funny. Just saying
    If you don't find it funny, then odds are it's directed at you.