15+ Year Old Account

Alliance Shadow Races?

I'm going to be faction changing Horde > Alliance after nearly 8 years so I can play with friends & I was wondering which of the Alliance races make for the best shadow priest on the Alliance side. I know that human gives a lot of utility, increased rep, and less need for hit because of the spirit increase. I know Draenai gives straight up hit. I know that worgen have crit (which isn't that great of a stat for us). And gnomes give increased mana while dwarves give no pve bonus at all. Is human still the best overall race for human shadow priests or did worgen/Draenai edge them out?

I'm currently a human shadow, but after playing worgen on the beta, i've been thinking that the worgen sprint is pretty useful. I guess it's a matter of deciding if you want the extra trinket and hit or sprint and crit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Human for PvP, Worgen for PvE.

the 10%+rep from humans are pretty OP at the start of an expansion

Last time I simmed myself, it was around 2.5 dps per 1 haste rating and around 2.1 dps per crit rating.
    So, as racials go (i'll include horde ones for comparison too):
    Humans: 52~ or less spirit, since you don't need more than 1742 and you can potentially have gear with hit that doesn't scale with passive like spirit does, so it's capped there.
    Draenei: 1% hit, 102 hit rating
    Goblins: 1% haste, 320 haste rating
    Trolls: berserking, nets to be around 1.1% haste if used on cd, however can be stacked with cds and procs so could be a bit better than that
    Worgen: 1% crit, 480 crit rating

Worgens have the best racial passive dps wise by far. The point that crit is worse than haste and mastery doesn't make it a bad stat, its still great, its just slightly worse than everything else.
    Last edited by Celentes; 2012-08-02 at 10:57 AM. Reason: changed post to reflect values

Worgens have the best racial passive dps wise by far.
    Because it takes more rating to get 1% crit than it does to get 1% haste.

Darkflight is also a really awesome ability. Maybe not as much for Priests since we'll have a Sprint from our talents, but it is still really good; I really like it on my Warrior.

Remember, Pandaren can be Priests too and right now, if you can guarantee you'll get a food buff their DPS racial is probably the best option for Alliance, I haven't seen any solid theorycrafting on that though.

Derevka has a really good writeup on mop racials under the resources tab at his website.