Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What do you think of Australia?

There is a lot of these threads floating around lately so here is one for Australia.
    Please share your thoughts and be respectful

I think these threads are getting repetitive and my answer to 99% of them is the same: probably a nice place to spend a vacation someday.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-09-01 at 05:26 AM.

Seems like a very nice place with nice people, but the level of censorship(at least in video games) is a bit disconcerting

Apparently their armed crime is incredibly high. I might visit, but only in a super secure tourist destination,

you guys got big knifes

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Seems like a very nice place with nice people, but the level of censorship(at least in video games) is a bit disconcerting
    They have actually just been overhauled and we have rating inline with the rest of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    My cousin lives there, sounds like a really fun place to visit!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I think these threads are getting repetitive and my answer to 99% of them is the same: probably a nice place to spend a vacation someday.
    All im going to say to this.... WHY POST IN IT THEN!!!!???

And Australia is a great country
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    They are pretty awesome people and the girls sound sexy. It's basically the Pacific America with more government.

We're more similar to each other than 98% of the rest of te world so it's hard to not seem biased. There are negatives but I don't think they matter when you think about the people and culture. It's all good to me.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    They have actually just been overhauled and we have rating inline with the rest of the world.
    Oh hey, good job then
    I'll be right there, I want to hang out with that cool australian kid who had a big party and wouldn't take his glasses off on the news, guy's a badass

10+ Year Old Account
    They have kangaroos and wallabys and are just cool in general
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I live here in Australia, in Adelaide which is a pretty small town compared to the rest of the world with 1 mil population although it is the capital of our state. Overall I gotta say Australia is fairly moderate, people a generally very friendly and respectful of each other but you do get douchebags every now and then but thats inevitable. Quality of life here is very good and crime is low too.
    Also I saw a few kangaroos when I was walking the dog in the reserves and he tried to fight them lols
    Last edited by kartmanlol; 2012-09-01 at 05:40 AM.

Is the common wildlife in Australia really as dangerous as popular culture is trying to tell me?
    There's always stuff on the nature channel here about snakes in people's yards in australia sending them to the hospital
    Last edited by Skizo; 2012-09-01 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    I live here in Australia, in Adelaide which is a pretty small town compared to the rest of the world with 1 mil population although it is the capital of our state. Overall I gotta say Australia is fairly moderate, people a generally very friendly and respectful of each other but you do get douchebags every now and then but thats inevitable. Quality of life here is very good and crime is low too.
    Also I saw a few kangaroos when I was walking the dog in the reserves and he tried to fight them lols
    Hobart Capital of Tasmania only has 60k people maybe a couple more with the state only having 500k people
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."

General George S Patton

Deleted
    Seems like anything in australia can potentially kill you, except the koala bears

Is the common wildlife in Australia really as dangerous as popular culture is trying to tell me?
    There's always stuff on the nature channel here about snakes in people's yards in australia sending them to the hospital
    And yes some of the wildlife can be bad... Like any animal just dont piss it off

General George S Patton

Yer we have some of the most poisonous spider, snakes, jelly fish in the world. But most of them don't really attack you unless you provoke them. Also sharks, we got lots of those.

Its definitely no where near as bad as they make it out, yes their is a lot of stuff that can kill you, but if you follow common sense and signs you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fentality View Post
    Seems like anything in australia can potentially kill you, except the koala bears
    That's where you're wrong my friend, drop bears we call them:P nah just stirring, they're cute, cuddly and lazy.

OT: Beer, Cricket and Shrimps on the barbie :P
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I hate deadly animals. The area of the USA where I live is the safest when It comes to deadly creatures. We have everything from bears to scorpions to sharks in the rest of the country. If I moved to Australia I would go to Melbourne.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.