quick question for a tight budget

planning a new build for mop and if im gonna have a gpu im gonna have to cut something and i was thinking about cutting win7 to use the win8 release preview for a month or so till i can afford win 7 how bad of an idea is this

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw Win8, it's complete garbage for a desktop IMHO.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Screw Win8, it's complete garbage for a desktop IMHO.
    +1

@OP
    Why use Windows 8 "for one month", when you can do the same with Windows 7?
    Just be aware: If you do so, you can't use Windows Update because your installation is not activated. So to at least get the most important security updates, use this program: http://www.wsusoffline.net/
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

did not know about a trial for win 7 thanks much prefer that to what i was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Just be aware: If you do so, you can't use Windows Update because your installation is not activated.
    Wrong. Windows Update service works totally fine if you installed Win7 without any key into 30 day trial mode.

Quote Originally Posted by fraid View Post
    did not know about a trial for win 7 thanks much prefer that to what i was thinking.
    If you're 100% sure you're going to buy Win7 within that 30 days then using it in the trial mode is totally valid option, just make sure you'll install the version you're going to buy later.

If you aren't 100% sure it's better to get Win8 release preview which won't expire for another half year at least. That'll give you a) plenty of time to sort your money, and b) plenty of time to get used to the new version and not want to downgrade it later.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.