Thread: World War lll

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You didn't even read my example did you? Did you!? I'm gonna stop trying to have an intelligent conversation with you if you can't understand basic facts. Because you do realize that the aircraft carrier example ALONE is enough of a reason that the US could put any other country down whenever it wanted to right? No other country on this planet has the capability to put that much firepower into the air all at once, wherever they want it, whenever they want it (minus nukes of course). So what's that about Russia again? Oh that's right, all their shit just got blown to bits by our planes before it even left their own borders.
    You sure are an angry one..
    I did read your example with aircraft carriers and frankly it has nothing to do with anything I said. Nowhere in my post did I say a single word about who would win, the course of the war or any of your ultrapatriotic bullshit, but frankly you disregard every other military force on earth "beacause America" which kils any chance of normal discussion.

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you can count Denmark, Norway and Canada out of a war, at least against Russia or the USA, unless they team up thought even then I don't think a combined force would be able to last long against super powers.
    Russia vs. USA? Sure that could happen. Wars have started over less oil.
    Will there be a war over it? Highly doubt it. They would come to an agreement before conflict. The only reason there would be conflict in the arctic is if there is already a global war raging and the super powers are running low on fuel and need the oil from the arctic (see German invasion of Russia in the 40's).
    I could see it happening only mid way through a major war. Do I see a major war coming soon? Hell yeah. Syria and Iran are about to blow, dragging Russia and China in... its only a matter of time.

if you think any of those countries can go into "conflict" with the USA over the artic oil, then thats very funny. USA went to war over OIL that wasnt even thiers to claim. Here they have a claim?
    GG its thier by default.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    The USA isn't looking for all out war or major conflicts.

One little thing to remember is that the USA can't engage in a war without congress. It's not a nation where the whim's of the few can dictate war... unlike the other world power options out there.
    This is very true. Most people seem to think we're nothing more than blood thirsty warmongers though.

We have the most powerful military in the world though and some of us do like to flaunt it, but that doesn't mean we're keen on having to use it anytime soon. Most people seem to ignore this though and immediately assume the worst when "America" and "military" are used in the same sentence.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    You sure are an angry one..
    I did read your example with aircraft carriers and frankly it has nothing to do with anything I said. Nowhere in my post did I say a single word about who would win, the course of the war or any of your ultrapatriotic bullshit, but frankly you disregard every other military force on earth "beacause America" which kils any chance of normal discussion.
    It has everything to do with what you were trying to imply, whether you think it does or not. And I do not "disregard" any other military on the planet. I'm sure if the whole world teamed up against America, then America would probably lose, but I'm comparing America to individual countries or a coalition of certain countries...not the whole world all at once. You brought up Russia....I countered on the point of Russia. What more is there to understand? Read and comprehend my friend. And it's not "because America".....it's "because America has the most powerful and most advanced military out of anyone else on this earth". Which is completely relevant in a thread talking about WWIII. Try to keep up.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2012-08-03 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is very true. Most people seem to think we're nothing more than blood thirsty warmongers though.

We have the most powerful military in the world though and some of us do like to flaunt it, but that doesn't mean we're keen on having to use it anytime soon.
    Saying we will kick your but, look at our nuclear weapons etc doesn't help with not wanting to look like bloodthirsty warmongers...

10+ Year Old Account
    We make you laugh how so?

You know, it makes ME laugh when I see people from the rest of the world simply ignoring just how powerful the US military really is. If for some reason, we ever decided to say,"Hey, we're tired of this bullshit, we're gonna take over your country", we could do it....easily, I might add. Just be thankful we don't have this mindset, because we could fuck up a lot of people in a hurry if we really wanted to.

And if the situation ever got bad enough (aka WWIII), China calling in favors wouldn't mean shit. America would just say "fuck off". Because we have the military to back up those words.
    At the rate China is going its only a few years till they have just as advanced military as America (They already have millions more personal). You are going broke just from 2 wars atm you will not have the cash to fight in a world war ever again. China is spending billions more on there military each year while America is trying to cut back billions. I believe you need to read more world news. In fact china not long ago claimed a large chunk of the south china sea and not even America questioned it.

Also good luck taking over Australia even china couldn't do that since we are so vast and unpopulated.
    Aye mate

We have the most powerful military in the world though and some of us do like to flaunt it, but that doesn't mean we're keen on having to use it anytime soon. Most people seem to ignore this though and immediately assume the worst when "America" and "military" are used in the same sentence.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 07:15 AM ----------

It has everything to do with what you were trying to imply, whether you think it does or not. And I do not "disregard" any other military on the planet. I'm sure if the whole world teamed up against America, then America would probably lose, but I'm comparing America to individual countries or a coalition of certain countries...not the whole world all at once. You brought up Russia....I countered on the point of Russia. What more is there to understand? Read and comprehend my friend. And it's not "because America".....it's "because America has the most powerful and most advanced military out of anyone else on this earth". Which is completely relevant in a thread talking about WWIII. Try to keep up.
    clean up your might shit in afganistan and iraq before destroying your might military in another American holy war.

15+ Year Old Account
    My point was, that I believe Russians do not show all of their military might the way US does. You have to understand, that Putin is the greatest modern world dictator and whole Russian federation is being run by this man. I find it very hard to believe that he doesn't have a huge armed forces at his disposal, but most of the conflicts that they are used in are within the borders/sphere of influence of the federation (as in Georgia some time ago) and there simply isn't that much information about their numbers/technology, because the censoriship in Russia is on a completely different level then what is censored in regards to military technology and armed forces. He is a former KGB agent, he is bound to know a thing or two about espionage.

I am a Mage.

If you think the USA shows all it's military might, you're mistaken.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    If you think the USA shows all it's military might, you're mistaken.
    I never said they show all of their military might, I just believe that with the two wars lately they have shown a lot more then they would have without them.

I am a Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked for extreme nationalistic bs.