Deleted

Witch Doc in Act 3

I'm trying to actually get through act 3 as a WD and I'm having trouble getting anywhere - as long as elite packs can be outrun I can kite them fine (even huge packs of fireball spitting illusionist frozen waller gargoyles) but I run into an issue where a pack of 3 elites can pull you back into their midst and 1 shot you. I'm trying to keeping spirit walk available for when they do but even then AND Spirit Vessel giving me a cheat death every 90 sec they still get me since the 3 mobs each have their pully thing on a separate cooldown so they can pretty much chain it. Other than that wallers in small corridors and fast+chained seem pretty much undoable, even with 19% run speed. I do like the challenge in performing some awesome kiting but this is just smashing your head against a wall, death-zerging in until you get them down with a double repair bill (if they don't reset when you die).

How do other WD's do it, or should I just roll a DH? :P

i would assume WDs have a LoH tank build that would work since every other class does unless Blizzard hates them so much they didnt even give them a fun gimmick spec to play.

Deleted
    I do have a LOH build but with 1250 LOH, 39k hp and 600 allres (and a shield ofc) I still get completely owned by a lot of elites, sometimes even normal packs if there are too many. Elites can still hit for over 40k which is more than I have :S I can improve my tank gear but that will cost tens of millions and I've never had more than 3 mil. At least I was able to beat Ghom with it so it wasn't completely useless.

I'm on Act 3, using kite build. I don't use LoH instead I've been using crit dmg increase. No issues with elite packs (cept those licker guys), just kite for a while.

my stats, 36k hp, 40k dps, 550 all resist. I'm currently on Ghom, I can get him down to 25%. Once I master my strat, I can beat him.

More res and health. I am a bear build - 52k health, 41k dps, and 600 res. Jump in there, bear the shit out of them and loot. This build has gotten me diablo on farm in inferno.

Deleted
    That would be the only thing left to do, get more res and vit without gimping dps but I don't have the gold for that - a single good high int/res/vit item costs more than I have. I've been trying to get gold to craft 6 prop items but those patterns cost at least 10mil (33 mil for the bracers), I can't raise that kind of gold. So to get the gear/gold I need to farm act3 which I can't do since I don't have the gear

For reference I have actually beaten Ghom with a cheapish facetank build but that gets me down to 13k dps. Ghom was incredibly easy that way, but elite packs still murder me.