Server First Paladin (For MoP!)

Hey guys, have some free time at work and i was wondering..

What is everyone doing in preparation for leveling in MoP? Be it sever first, speed leveling or just enjoying the content.

I'm personally getting honor/jc/valor capped. Stocking up on gold and raw mats to turn a profit in MoP

Anyone else doing something to prep for it?

Like you said, getting Honor / Justice capped on my main. Also getting my Alts capped for justice (getting the 2h agi staff ASAP for my monk when it comes out). Trying to find a guild that will sell me Smoldering Egg for a measly 50k too...but that is not working out ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by IEatRoflWafflz View Post
    Like you said, getting Honor / Justice capped on my main. Also getting my Alts capped for justice (getting the 2h agi staff ASAP for my monk when it comes out). Trying to find a guild that will sell me Smoldering Egg for a measly 50k too...but that is not working out ^.^
    Think it's worth stocking up on speed potions? o_O for when you have quests where you can't mount, like caves? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Sever all the paladins first

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I agree. Sever all the paladins first
    WHOOPS!

Obviously I need more sleep ~_~; is there a way to change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Think it's worth stocking up on speed potions? o_O for when you have quests where you can't mount, like caves? :O
    For a paladin, the first tier of talent makes it pretty unneeded, as long as something within judgement range.

they'll be good for getting out, though.

If you want to level fast, you've got two options:
    A) Go ret, quest to the top. (if you're not ret, get a ret set.)
    B) Grab friends, grind dungeons. (Risky because a wipe is a pretty big setback; good because you're not competing with other questers)

Hmm yeah I mean i pve Prot pvp ret. I'll probably grind out a pve ret set.

I forgot about our new talents haha! Should grind out 25 dailys the day before and wait to turn them in so you're a few bars ahead of the crowd. Dungeons.. ehh i'm not a fan of unless it's afull guild run. You're right about the big setback aspect of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    WHOOPS!

Obviously I need more sleep ~_~; is there a way to change it?
    Taken care of.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Taken care of.
    Thanks dude!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only bother with Honour/JP as they will reset VP.

Personally I'm also going to gather as much flasks + extra as I think it will take me to level, a crapton of potions which I can bind to a spell akin to Crusader Strike, a crapton of buff food too. That sorta thing. Scrolls, drums, etc etc. Just makes leveling easier and faster.

Also, going to FARM these rather than buy like I did in WOTLK. I bought so much for WOTLK then discovered that due to buff homogenization, half were the same and the other half had so many restrictions I could not use many at the same time. Waste of money. This time I can sell those which get homogenized and make a profit!

Then, I will sever all the paladins.

Already been saving gold, up to.. 126k I think before I went on holiday, probably sold another few K just before I left but didn't check. Got another 60k in stock. Was hoping to hit 200k before MOP launch but I'm more likely to hit 150k with some stock left over and I'll settle with that
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Food is questionable! I mentioned this in the monk forums before, is the buff WORTH sitting there for 10 seconds to refresh it? O-O

Maybe it isn't that huge of a deal at 85, but i lost sever first druid for cata by 2 min ~_~;;

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends when you eat it. I wouldn't go out of my way to stop but should I get one of those bits where an NPC does some RP and you have to wait and you don't need a piss, then get eating.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting my tank OS up to par gearwise and going to dungeon spam to 90 with some friends. Then I'll worry about gold, proffessions, and JP/Valor

maybe I am forgetting something, but why is it worth to cap jp/honor points prior to launch?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc101 View Post
    maybe I am forgetting something, but why is it worth to cap jp/honor points prior to launch?
    Well normaly it's to get new gear asap when you ding, but that would be totaly pointless here as they are on about rushing content to get to max level, not once they are:P

Personaly i will be one of those that enjoys the game, actualy reads the quests and looks around, and not complain once i've rushed it crying "too easy was boring"

Not saying anything bad about the folks who do a speed run to try for a realm first but actualy level after properly

Deleted
    Don't forget, there aren't any JP items on the Beta at the moment anyway. I could actually see Blizzard not adding any JP items at first, given the new quest reward items system and slightly faster rep grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Not saying anything bad about the folks who do a speed run to try for a realm first but actualy level after properly
    This is pretty much what I plan to do. Whilst I don't get half the fun raiding on my alts as I do my paladin, I still like alts and I still like doing some minor raiding on them (clearing the content on normal, maybe a few heroics). Plan to rush my paladin through and then on something like my warrior or mage I'll read every single word like I did for Cata. Then after that cos I'll have done both I'll find leveling boring and rush the next 6-7 characters through as fast as possible

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    Don't forget, there aren't any JP items on the Beta at the moment anyway. I could actually see Blizzard not adding any JP items at first, given the new quest reward items system and slightly faster rep grind.
    True but consider what you can buy with JP now anyway. Before I went on holiday I'd spend it all on ore and herbs - red gems were selling at 250g (higher than normal, it was regularly like 150 but I wasn't complaining) and now I'm back, herbs have dropped 50% in value and cut inferno rubies are selling for 80g a pop. The profit margins have been halved on my server for literally everything, I no longer see the point in pushing it because I'd have to do double the work and I'm currently on 133k personally, I think I'll be "ok"

Therefore, someone in my situation may just see it as "something to do" because the reward relative to the effort in getting the JP has dropped remarkably, and no longer worth the time as we're in a comfortable position ^^

I am farming mounts on all my alts since they will become account-wide. Currently leveling a Blook DK for stonecore/Vortex pinnacle mounts and world pvp.

I might try to race for server first on my paladin because I've never done it. I'll have the 25, 26 and 27th off work, so I might give it a try.

I also am currently farming mounts. I need a fiery warhorse, strat mount and I think that's all for rare drop ground mounts. Flying I need stone core and world rare mounts like TLPD. I know from beta when it goes live I'll have like 110 mounted or something. Plus I'll grab panda ones ASAP.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.