Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Just because one game has a certain mechanic the other one has as well, doesn't make the games all that alike. Rift and GW2 handle those mechanics way differently.

yeah the ONLY thing similar in the two games are the dynamic events and thats about it....

yea its your schedule man. its not a prime raiding schedule for the US. however, a guy like you will love Raid Finder. you quit just a little too soon.

on another note. you can try to roll or transfer to an oceanic server. most those guys are from europe (i think) and you may have better luck finding a raiding guild outside of Raid Finder, though you'll have to deal with the ping and maybe language issues.

Quote Originally Posted by L4ZOR View Post
    yeah the ONLY thing similar in the two games are the dynamic events and thats about it....
    Similarities = the same game. Every mmorpg is a direct copy of WoW.

Semantics! In that case, every game is a Pong clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Similarities = the same game. Every mmorpg is a direct copy of WoW.
    well if your going to be generic about it I can take it back to everquest - morrowind - final fantasy games and console rpgs and then back to text based adventures and MUD's

but realistically SWTOR RIFT TERA and GW2 are all built different enough to be classified there own way and not being related to WOW

why does everyone relate it to WOW questing and RPG... its not like it was the first there is 20 years of RPGs that are built that have a history that are just as important as WOW....

(wow was the first)........ NOT

You said you loved SWTOR but had trouble finding groups, is this post transfers and group finder? You really shouldn't be having an issue anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane View Post
    semantics! In that case, every game is a pong clone.
    lol yes....

bloody hell wikipedia has total LISTS of games that came before WOW so do some reading... (teenagers these days)

well if your going to be generic about it I can take it back to everquest - morrowind - final fantasy games and console rpgs and then back to text based adventures and MUD's

but realistically SWTOR RIFT TERA and GW2 are all built different enough to be classified there own way and not being related to WOW

why does everyone relate it to WOW questing and RPG... its not like it was the first there is 20 years of RPGs that are built that have a history that are just as important as WOW....

(wow was the first)........ NOT
    Weren't you the one being generic about it?
    lol yes....

bloody hell wikipedia has total LISTS of games that came before WOW so do some reading... (teenagers these days)
    No, WoW was in development during the 90s and originated from Warcraft 1. All games after 1994 are a direct copy of WoW because each have a similarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Weren't you the one being generic about it?

No, WoW was in development during the 90s and originated from Warcraft 1. All games after 1994 are a direct copy of WoW because each have a similarity.
    here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronol...-playing_games

Games ARE NOT a copy of wow they follow a long history of RPG's that evolved into MMORPGs .... YES even before 1994

and the only point I made about being generic is that the dynamic area events of rift are quite similar to that of GW2

edit: also you could litteraly say that warcraft is an RTS and NOT an RPG as it was spawned off that....

edit2: what about zelda, he goes right back, there are just too many games to list that have shaped the adventure of RPGs into todays form, its just that WoW is the most popular in the last 20 years so errybody thinks that all games came from wow which is totally wrong, what about secret of mana, breath of fire, wonderboy, hell most ppl werent even born to know about wonderboy 3 the dragons trap

edit3: not to mension that RPGs were around BEFORE computer games (heheheheh)

Everyone has their own opinions on similarities between games, and they'll differ. Let's keep on topic! Thanks- Sarahjane
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-04 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i took a friends scroll with the free week play I was muc the same as the op played wow on and off since vannila but quit not long after cata
    my advice is dont do it i lasted less than a day glad i didnt fork out for the resub
    waiting on Guild wars 2 myself but i have a few others games coming up borderlands 2 and dishonored but ill still get my pvp fix
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are looking for a raiding game Rift is probably your best bet. Not sure how long ago you played it but they fixed a lot of things. I still personally got bored pre-max level, but it's a pretty good game in general.

SWTOR has a lot of content coming out and servers were merged, may want to consider giving it another chance too if you are looking for a game to raid in and you liked it.

Tera is getting their 1st raid soon and is pretty fun. They have a trial you can play to see if you like it.

GW2 will be out in a month. If you are really into getting into a guild and doing the classic WoW raiding you probably wont like it, but there is no sub and has some really cool mechanics if you like leveling or pvping.

Aion is f2p now, I have no idea what the player base is but worth some research.

And, lastly, TSW has a pretty solid following. I have no idea what endgame is, but a lot of people are enjoying it. They have a free play weekend right now you could try out.

Wow is pretty dead right now due to end of the expac burn out. If you really want to play again, I'd wait till MoP so you don't get discouraged.

Say what you will... I love GW2. I was skeptical at first but my gf got me into it. Im kind of kicking myself for actually disliking it at one point with out even trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    And, lastly, TSW has a pretty solid following. I have no idea what endgame is, but a lot of people are enjoying it. They have a free play weekend right now you could try out.
    The endgame is pretty sparse right now. There are a few nightmare modes and then elite modes of all of the dungeons. The dungeons themselves are pretty fantastic, but the game isn't really designed to be played in the same manner as other games (i.e. rush through the leveling content just to spam dungeons and raids). The questing is a solid experience and is really fun.

If you're looking for something you can really dig into yet take your time, it's worth a look. It's definitely not the polished turd it was in beta, but there are still some bugs and hiccups, not to mention it takes a little while to get into to groove of the game when you start fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    THE SECRET WORLD

If you look the sound of a modern era mmo with minimal 'kill quests' then its for you. No levels, just a massive talent tree that you can mix heaps of shit together.
    Its actually pretty awesome. Even once you get to end game (Quality Level 10 gear, which is pretty quick to get too) you still have heaps to do, like do all the quests again and again, or run nightmare mode dungeons for epics and unlock more of the massive talent tree. Also no need for alts, as you can start a new deck (2 talent trees) on the same character that you are playing.

I did forget to mention that I am absolutely enamored with TSW and I have a total man-crush on Ragnar Tornquist. I'd recommend it to anybody who likes MMOs but isn't trying to use it to replace the void left by another MMO.

Definitely give Vindictus a try. The gameplay is top notch; probably the best in any MMO by far. But if it's a choice between any MMO and WoW, I'd recommend WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    The endgame is pretty sparse right now. There are a few nightmare modes and then elite modes of all of the dungeons. The dungeons themselves are pretty fantastic, but the game isn't really designed to be played in the same manner as other games (i.e. rush through the leveling content just to spam dungeons and raids). The questing is a solid experience and is really fun.

If you're looking for something you can really dig into yet take your time, it's worth a look. It's definitely not the polished turd it was in beta, but there are still some bugs and hiccups, not to mention it takes a little while to get into to groove of the game when you start fresh.

I haven't played since early beta but am DLing it for the weekend. It was really buggy when I played but still pretty fun, excited to see how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I haven't played since early beta but am DLing it for the weekend. It was really buggy when I played but still pretty fun, excited to see how it is now.
    It's a much better product now than it was in beta. I nearly died of a nerdgasm once I made it to Egypt and got sucked into the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it sounds like you should just wait until Mists of Pandaria. Stars Wars is such an awesome campaign game, and even the PvP/Ops were fine, but you cant find a group to save your life. Guild Wars is a lot like Aion (it really is, albeit better in most areas) so if you liked Aion youll probably like Guild Wars 2. Just try all the different professions (classes, really confusing to call them profs imo) and find something you like.