The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh. Still 2 days away? Pfft.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think a ranged spec wouldn't be entirely out of the question for warriors, but it would not be a full ranged like other ranged. Perhaps something like throwing axes at a max of 20m, and have these throwing attacks debuff which combined with shouts may make it more support or not depending on how you build it. Warriors do seem to need something though as their only real options are tank or melee while other callings have a lot more. I think buffing their current "support" tree and adding another is most likely.

Also, as for vision of warrior, I do not necessarily picture them as a always in your face tank or DPS, but more a plate wearing master of all weapons kind of thing. Master of all weapons includes for me throwing and ranged weapons. I'm not exactly sure what you would call a plate wearing archer, but it could work with guns, and usually guns are better tailored to warrior stats anyway. So perhaps something focused on that for a ranged spec.

So... did you ya'll see the email? Seems like its a 2h weapon Mage.

Some kind of Time Mage? Chronomancer?

Chronomancer would be awesome. I assume all the lightning is because of Storm Legion, not because it will be lightning/electricity themed, right?

Anyway, 2H mage = awesome.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Yup, saw it too earlier today. Those weapons are... intriguing. As for temporal energies and "doom" as well as the pictures, looks a bit gothic. Perhaps a mage version of Void Knight. Would play into an absorption-style tank many people are talking about. Maybe you get a buff on yourself that allows a % of your damage to be given as absorption. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Chronomancer would be awesome. I assume all the lightning is because of Storm Legion, not because it will be lightning/electricity themed, right?

Anyway, 2H mage = awesome.
    It would be my guess that is has to do with both... The new souls could be mechanically or lore-wise influenced by the Storm legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So... did you ya'll see the email? Seems like its a 2h weapon Mage.

Some kind of Time Mage? Chronomancer?
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I didn't get this email but DAMN do those weapons look sick! We've been needing some scythe staves! Or something to that effect. I missed my Frost Lord's Scythe from back in WoW. lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I didn't get this email but DAMN do those weapons look sick! We've been needing some scythe staves! Or something to that effect. I missed my Frost Lord's Scythe from back in WoW. lol
    Notification e-mails by default are off when I checked many moons ago. You have to go to your account and turn them on if you haven't already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Notification e-mails by default are off when I checked many moons ago. You have to go to your account and turn them on if you haven't already.
    Bugger! Thank you for that tip! ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-08-08 at 06:44 PM ----------

So I had these two checked:

Click this box to receive the Rift Watch Newsletter, RIFT announcements, and promotional messages.
    Click this box to receive The Resistance Newsletter, End of Nations announcements, and promotional messages.

But not this one:

Click this box to receive the Defiance Newsletter, Defiance announcements, and promotional messages.

Hope that will fix that.
    "A flower.

omfg is that a scythe? New weapon type in the game?

wootness

gotta see the new rogue soul before I reroll

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    omfg is that a scythe? New weapon type in the game?

wootness
    Still looks kinda like a staff, just with some glowy arcane stuff to make it a Scythe. Same with the Axe there. Will probably not be a new weapon type, just a staff with a scythe like name/look. I could be wrong though, seeing as is specifically relates to mages, will be an Int weapon more than likely, so why add a new weapon type? Unless they are going to add some other cool 2Hers for Wars, in which case adding a new weapon type may be justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Still looks kinda like a staff, just with some glowy arcane stuff to make it a Scythe. Same with the Axe there. Will probably not be a new weapon type, just a staff with a scythe like name/look. I could be wrong though, seeing as is specifically relates to mages, will be an Int weapon more than likely, so why add a new weapon type? Unless they are going to add some other cool 2Hers for Wars, in which case adding a new weapon type may be justifiable.
    Yea it does seem more like a staff with an energy blade. That's probably what it is.

Think they will def. be using greatswords and polearms for this new mage soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    And the sword?
    It's also an energy blade? Why make another energy blade when you can just use the existing non enchanted one as a vessel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Energy blades sound perfect for this. Let's make it happen!

Oh wait that's up to Trion.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Energy blades sound perfect for this. Let's make it happen!

Oh wait that's up to Trion.
    The scythe really does look like a staff with the mages energy embedded into it. To me the axe looks like a polearm or spear with energy also embedded into it, and the sword is just a regular sword with energy embedded into it!

Either way scythe = me liky rogue soul better be bad ass..

Oh right, of course. No question.

The line 'Mage Soul Divined' makes me think the theme is along the lines of Seer, Sage, Diviner etc.
    I'm hoping that means the soul can see into the future and possibly uses that to avoid incoming attacks to aid survivability, ie tanking.

Deleted
    seeing the mage with the 2h, it seems to be some kind of tank mage/combat mage hybrid at first glance to me

New picture for u!
    http://www.riftjunkies.com/wp-conten...ormlegion3.jpg

Him standing alone against a monster could it be hinting of a tank soul D:?