Farming Ragnaros Heroic - Faster Way to get to him?

We farm rag heroic every week for mounts and clearing the whole instance in order to get to him.
    Now someone in our guild said he saw several logs where people seem to only kill rag heroic.

So is there a faster way to get to rag heroic every week?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    We farm rag heroic every week for mounts and clearing the whole instance in order to get to him.
    Now someone in our guild said he saw several logs where people seem to only kill rag heroic.

So is there a faster way to get to rag heroic every week?
    Thanks
    Either they're only logging heroic rag b/c they dont care about the others or they simply cleared the first 6 in a pug or something earlier and used the 6/7H lockout.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 25m 8/8H recruiting for MoP!
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/kardone

They are probably joining someone else's lockout up to rag.

Faster pulls with no slack is the way to go if you want fast clears.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    Use alts and save them to a raid where only Raggy is alive, and keep extending the raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seroo View Post
    Use alts and save them to a raid where only Raggy is alive, and keep extending the raid?
    I think it works like if you for example clear 6/7, jump in with alts and get saved with only raggy alive, and decide to kill raggy the alts with save will have raggy dead aswell. (Thats atleast from what I heard so dont blame me if this is unture)

Quote Originally Posted by Seroo View Post
    Doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    I think it works like if you for example clear 6/7, jump in with alts and get saved with only raggy alive, and decide to kill raggy the alts with save will have raggy dead aswell. (Thats atleast from what I heard so dont blame me if this is unture)
    This doesn't work for Cataclysm content, I only know of ICC/Ulduar working that way.

You can get to and defeat Rag in about an hour if you don't wipe, pull fast and don't take breaks. It's really not that bad.

Theres alot of people only clearing 6/7 and leaving raggy up. It's possible to take over raid IDs if you know who to ask.

or maybe they only log rag?

Clear to heroic domo bring in lots of alts to kill domo kill rag with main team. then next week have a alt load up the domo kill from last week and bring in the main team to kill rag rinse and repeat

Deleted
    We run 2-5 Hc Rag run every week and usually buy our lockouts in trade for couple of thousand gold, beats spending the time to clear 6/7 hc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    Clear to heroic domo bring in lots of alts to kill domo kill rag with main team. then next week have a alt load up the domo kill from last week and bring in the main team to kill rag rinse and repeat
    heroic lockouts go on a single ID, so if even one person uses that ID to extend and kill the last boss every single char that was on that lockout is counted as having killed everything, we had this problem when we did it to try to skip some bosses by sending a couple of players with a different raid team (who did a full clear after the people we had left)

it's been this way since cata came in, if you have even 1 kill on a heroic raid ID you get locked out of all heroic raid content cleared by anyone on that ID even if your not there, for example if you killed shannox heroic with a pug then left, then they went on to do a full clear if you tried to switch your save to heroic it would give you the error saying all content had been cleared.

Deleted
    I would say just do a 7/7 hc clear each week, since if you use lockouts from previous weeks it can bug out and you'll have no ragnaros to kill -> you have to open a ticket which probably takes a lot longer than just clearing the first 6 bosses by yourself. (Happened to me on a mount farm once, had a 4/7 hc save and killed Alys and Domo hc, Ragnaros didn't spawn. When the RL got a response from a ticket the GM said that it's a bug blizzard knows about)

It's not even a bug. Bringing in alts does absolutely nothing for getting you extra lockouts, because killing heroic bosses works how it always did. If you are in a group for 6/7 hc firelands, and you leave after domo, and they proceed to kill Ragnaros Heroic without you in the group, you will not be able to go back in and kill him. He will not spawn.

So if you bring in a bunch of alts @ domo, then kill ragnaros hc with your mains and next week try to load up the save with your alts, you will find that Ragnaros hc does not spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsutan View Post
    This doesn't work for Cataclysm content, I only know of ICC/Ulduar working that way.

You can get to and defeat Rag in about an hour if you don't wipe, pull fast and don't take breaks. It's really not that bad.
    So you mean me and my friends could save our alts for ulduar with only yogg left and just extend it? and then take our mains and clear yogg each week? with one of the alts