Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rate your personality using SWTOR's Light/Dark side scale

In real life how would you rate yourself on the SWTOR Light/Dark side scale?

For people who maybe don't play, it goes up to 5000 light side, and up to 5000 Dark side, and it could be a neutral 0

For examples :

Someone who is Light 5000 would probably be like (but not necessarily) a Buddhist vegan who wouldn't even hurt a fly and does things like donate monthly payments to homeless kittens and starving Ethiopians and volunteers at soup kitchens and things, additionally probably very polite and well mannered, probably doesn't even occasionally cuss or anything.

Someone who is Dark 5000 would probably not only hurt a fly, but animals and even humans too, probably of (but not necessarily) no religion, have no morals, doesn't care about anyone but themselves really, and has a dark sense of humor and probably wears black all the time and probably enjoys things like death metal or horror movies and indulges in all sorts of "sinful" things without a care, etc.

Personally I'd rate myself about Dark 4900. Give or take a hundred points depending on how I feel that day. How bout all of you?
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-08-05 at 01:31 AM.

binary scales are rather idiotic when it comes to measuring actual personalities
    Last edited by mordale; 2012-08-05 at 01:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I made a character and disabled the alignment showing So i could play how I wanted to (not choose evil for the sake of being evil) I literally wound up completely nuetral +/- 200. So, that.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably around 3500-4000 light side.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

I'm like 10,000,000,000 Darkside. I'm really deep, my soul is blacker than black, people often describe me as the Queen of Darkness. My wardrobe is often a reflection of my very heart, and soul, I wear these colors so people are aware of my deep sorrow. Since black is the color of mourning, people are aware that I am in mourning for my own immoral soul, for I will be forever sentenced to damnation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... Probably 2500 dark side. I wouldn't go on a mass genocide or anything, but wouldn't help anyone in need.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I made a character and disabled the alignment showing So i could play how I wanted to (not choose evil for the sake of being evil) I literally wound up completely nuetral +/- 200. So, that.
    I would love to do that but then my characters would perhaps get screwed out of relics unfortunately....

They really should make neutral relics, or just remove all alignment requirements...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you refer to yourself as "Dark", chances are, you're not really dark:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ano
    Stop being french, it's just shift-2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say I would be on the level of 2,500 Dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with light/dark in starwars or in a lesser degree paragon/renegate in mass effect is, that it's more a measurement of assholyness instead of good/evil.

you grind rude replies instead of commit evil deeds. in kotor it was really extreme. you slowly go up or down in the side depending on small events. then there is one big story decision and *whoop* 80% lightside. then you go with bastila *whoop* ultra evil. then kill malak and don't become lord of the universe *whoop* uberhero.

to make it short:

around neutral. i help who deserves it. kill who deserves it (no mercy). am nice to who deserves is and honest (or an ass) to politicians/opportunists/etc. which confuses the fuck out of the starwars scale. in mass effect it would be around 75% renegade rest paragon.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2012-08-05 at 01:48 AM.

I don't care about people, I killed my neighbours cat when I was 8(and got away with it), I don't believe in god, I enjoy gore and others misfortune the most, I used to wear black but then it became some stupid fucking trend so I stopped, metal is garbage I prefer noise music and lowercase. Overall I'd say I'm neutral compared to most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I don't believe in god
    That's evil incarnate right there, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ano
    Stop being french, it's just shift-2.

Skelington is probably pure Dark. His pass times include torturing cute little animals, mutilating people, cuddling his teddy bear, and worshipping intergalactic blood gods that communicate with him telepathically. They call him a messiah to usher in a new era via purging the good in this world. He likes to drink liquefied innards, wears freshly peeled skin(tattered and rotting is sooooo last season), and mails the partially eaten remains back to loved ones, especially mothers and young siblings(which are targeted next, of course). There is no soothing this pain crawling under his skin which has been around since he was a child, and as such, is most appreciative that he can take out his frustrations on other people. Either way, there is no greater feeling in this world than filling the empty hollow that is a heart with the love of a freshly gorged god. If only more people could see the Dark, maybe some day they could help him on the true path. Those who don't are cowardly goody-two-shoes.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-05 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington is probably pure Dark. His pass times include torturing cute little animals, mutilating people, cuddling his teddy bear, and worshipping intergalactic blood gods that communicate with him telepathically. They call him a messiah to usher in a new era via purging the good in this world. He likes to drink liquefied innards, wears freshly peeled skin(tattered and rotting is sooooo last season), and mails the partially eaten remains back to loved ones, especially mothers and young siblings(which are targeted next, of course). There is no soothing this pain crawling under his skin which has been around since he was a child, and as such, is most appreciative that he can take out his frustrations on other people. Either way, there is no greater feeling in this world than filling the empty hollow that is a heart with the love of a freshly gorged god. If only more people could see the Dark, maybe some day they could help him on the true path. Those who don't are cowardly goody-two-shoes.
    Wow what a poser, I bet you don't even shop at Hot Topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lawful Neutral?
    I like waffles!

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Wow what a poser, I bet you don't even shop at Hot Topic.
    Puhleez, you'll never be fabulous following the mainstream. Go back to your goody-two-shoes club's tree house and write your not-so-happy-go-lucky love poetry. Bet you don't even listen to Linkin Park.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-05 at 02:08 AM.

1000-1500 into the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudgnome View Post
    If you refer to yourself as "Dark", chances are, you're not really dark:P
    It's more of an at heart thing, I mean..... in reality someone who says they are 5000 dark side would be in prison for sure

But, you could inwardly want to do bad things yet not do them because you quite frankly don't want to sit in a prison the rest of your life

I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to help someone, but would do so when convenient.

But I wouldn't throw them under the bus either.

So mostly neutral with a bit of light. 500 or so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I used to wear black but then it became some stupid fucking trend so I stopped,
    Unless you're in your mid-late 40's, I'll call you on that (abd judging by the rest of the post - you're not ;P!