Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Reddit is worse than Wikipedia. DO NOT TRUST!
    The IamA section is actually pretty good with being true; you're required to post proof that you are who you are.

That said, the original didn't have verification....
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    still, why does having power just instantly make everyone suddenly lose it? or the quest for power drives them mad? how come none of our player characters have had breakdowns and tried to blow the world into pieces? I mean, we have killed gods. let that sink in... gods, things that are supposed to be immortal? as in not killable? as in 10 random, nameless, nobodies should have posed no threat to them? what stops us from simply tearing the whole world to pieces in a fit of boredom?

Heroes or would be heroes are corrupted, it is the basis of WoW before it was WoW, WC1, Humanities's guardian and champion is corrupted and more heroes step up to defeat him...

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 03:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    still, why does having power just instantly make everyone suddenly lose it? or the quest for power drives them mad? how come none of our player characters have had breakdowns and tried to blow the world into pieces? I mean, we have killed gods. let that sink in... gods, things that are supposed to be immortal? as in not killable? as in 10 random, nameless, nobodies should have posed no threat to them? what stops us from simply tearing the whole world to pieces in a fit of boredom?
    We... beat them don't know if they are truly dead yet... And we aren't that powerful after all it is many heroes working together not one guy.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-08-05 at 03:41 AM.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    Happens all the time in real life, why is it so strange to see it in video game fantasy lore?
    Yup , just a few weeks back we had a taste of that thing .

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan goes mad in TBC.
    Kael'thas goes mad in TBC.
    Malygos is driven insane by Deathwing.
    None of these went crazy. They were not corrupted or influenced by outside sources.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    None of these went crazy. They were not corrupted or influenced by outside sources.
    Nah maly was insane and Illidan maybe, Kael was definitely evil and corrupted by revenge and power.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

The funny thing is that Malygos became a villain when he recovered from the insanity inflicted on him by Deathwing slaughtering his dragonflight.

Seriously folks, read Day of The Dragon. The book sucks, but Malygos was fucking bonkers in it. And what we see in the game is him getting better and deciding the mortal races aren't good enough to use magic.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The funny thing is that Malygos became a villain when he recovered from the insanity inflicted on him by Deathwing slaughtering his dragonflight.

Seriously folks, read Day of The Dragon. The book sucks, but Malygos was fucking bonkers in it. And what we see in the game is him getting better and deciding the mortal races aren't good enough to use magic.
    Still don't think he is (was) "better". Instead of psychobabble he just went genocidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Arthas is corrupted by Frostmourne.
    Illidan goes mad in TBC.
    Kael'thas goes mad in TBC.
    Garrosh will be corrupted in MoP.
    Deathwing is made insane by the Old Gods.
    Malygos is driven insane by Deathwing.
    The Eredar are corrupted by Sargeras.

Anyone else tired of the "Oh, he/she is insane/mad/corrupt and therefore evil" routine over and over again?

Kael didn't go mad, he WILLINGLY joined Illidan, then the Legion.

Our killing Malygos had little to do with him going mad. And just in case you didn't know, he was cured of that madness BEFORE we even fought him. We fought him because he was afraid that our reckless use of magic would bring back the Legion. Oh the irony in a few xpacs imo.

I see you left Cho'Gall out of the list. Though that's probably because he was already insane without any outside influence.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Kael didn't go mad, he WILLINGLY joined Illidan, then the Legion.

Our killing Malygos had little to do with him going mad. And just in case you didn't know, he was cured of that madness BEFORE we even fought him. We fought him because he was afraid that our reckless use of magic would bring back the Legion. Oh the irony in a few xpacs imo.

I see you left Cho'Gall out of the list. Though that's probably because he was already insane without any outside influence.
    I thought Gul'dan made him go insane by practically imbuing him with demonic magic. Cho'gall that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly there are plenty of villains in WoW that are evil for the hell of it or because they are corrupted. Most of them however are not a threat to the world as a whole so they get less face time.

Malygos, if I remember correctly, started his war on the mortals races after regaining his sanity.

The old scarlet crusade, while unknowingly being led by a demon, were not corrupted. They did the horrible things they did because they felt they were right in the end.

The syndicate

Most ogre clans and the gronn

The Grimtotem

Most troll tribes

ect.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Malygos recovered from his insanity long before he ever declared war. It was in his clear mind he saw magic being used AGAIN (just like the elves did) and wanted to stop them before it brought the Burning Legion back. That's just practical.

Kael'Thas was simply following the path that best served his people's survival. Selfish? Yes. Crazy? No.

Illidan was trying to save himself and his people after his failed attempt to off Arthas, and was building a power base knowing that KilJaeden was coming back for him (and eventually everyone else). Taking Tempest Keep was a strategic move that pissed off the Shatar, and things just spun out of control from there. Not crazy.

Honestly I would like a villain that just wants to kill everything. You know straight from birth he/she just wants to kill everything or a villain very much like sylar in WoW lol.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Malygos recovered from his insanity long before he ever declared war. It was in his clear mind he saw magic being used AGAIN (just like the elves did) and wanted to stop them before it brought the Burning Legion back. That's just practical.

Kael'Thas was simply following the path that best served his people's survival. Selfish? Yes. Crazy? No.

Illidan was trying to save himself and his people after his failed attempt to off Arthas, and was building a power base knowing that KilJaeden was coming back for him (and eventually everyone else). Taking Tempest Keep was a strategic move that pissed off the Shatar, and things just spun out of control from there. Not crazy.
    Sane people don't mope on top of an evil temple with a skull as their only friend =p

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Honestly I would like a villain that just wants to kill everything. You know straight from birth he/she just wants to kill everything or a villain very much like sylar in WoW lol.
    Sylar was crazy though, although technically he was born with the hunger from his power that drove him crazy since it is in his DNA. Also remember at first he was like "I only kill for a reason" then he fully went bat shit insane kill everyone attitude after his mom's death.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-08-05 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell thinking about it even most of the Twilight Hammer were volunteers and the Cult of the Damned is made up entirely of willing volunteers.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

that entire bold part is why I believed that illidan was not purely evil...he can be compared to venom from marvel comics towards the end. You know the venom that was trying to help people but always inadvertantly made the wrong decision and got people killed "accidently".
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Malygos is not driven mad by Deathwing, but by the increasing number of magic users on Azeroth. He sees them as potential gateways for the Burning Legion, as the Highbourne were in War of the Ancients.
    Yes, he was. You're talking about Malygos' motivations for the war on magic from WotLK, which was all post-madness (after he 'woke up' from being crazy, whatever sense that makes). Malygos was originally driven insane after Deathwing used the Dragon Soul to annihilate almost all of the blue flight. It's in the lore and is 100% cut and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    that entire bold part is why I believed that illidan was not purely evil...he can be compared to venom from marvel comics towards the end. You know the venom that was trying to help people but always inadvertantly made the wrong decision and got people killed "accidently".
    Oh yeah he was never fully evil but after trying to be a hero he became a survivalist only for him to become a slave of the demons then he tried to be a "hero" again while under orders from Kil'Jaden to kill Arthas and save the world!!! Still think after all the crap he's been through including multiple demonic absorption,lost of his love to his brother, and constantly being cast a villain even by his peers/family he is a little crazy.
    Last edited by Landin55; 2012-08-05 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Sane people don't mope on top of an evil temple with a skull as their only friend =p
    True, but Illidan started his grab for power long before he went insane.