Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Ppl bash WoW because it's shit. It really is a very bad very old game now. Why they keep playing it, I do not know. Pretty sad really.

Deleted
    I'll talk more in general. Why people bash things? It's quite simple, due to their own insecurities, especially of their opinions.

This happens with every single aspect of one's life, more one is insecure, more he/she has the tendency to be destructive to something that doesn't like.

Deleted
    People bash wow because it's a great way to wind the fanboys up. Seriously though, people bash everything. I bet if you go into the other forums (rift, minecraft, etc), you'll find people bashing those games and people defending them. It's just wow has a bigger sub base and therefore a louder community.

PS, I am really tempted to write something about religion and use the words "bash" and "bishop", for a cheap laugh, but I wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the game is popular. So people naturally hate it. It's a bandwagon thing.

I'm not fond of the current version of WoW, but I feel no need to bash people who still enjoy the game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos80 View Post
    Ppl bash WoW because it's shit. It really is a very bad very old game now. Why they keep playing it, I do not know. Pretty sad really.
    It's things like this I don't understand. You don't like WoW, that's fine. But why insult those who still enjoy it?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    It's things like this I don't understand. You don't like WoW, that's fine. But why insult those who still enjoy it?
    Because people think their opinion matters the most, alas. -_-
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the game is popular. So people naturally hate it. It's a bandwagon thing.

I'm not fond of the current version of WoW, but I feel no need to bash people who still enjoy the game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 10:29 AM ----------

See but that's the thing. He didn't insult anybody he just thought it was sad they were playing. You've strawmaned him into being something he isn't. Like you can't keep reducing peoples issues with the game and simply dismissing it by saying "it's popular so they bash it" that just doesn't work man. You do that and we may as well not have forums for discussion.

Deleted
    they are basically bashing cata wasn't that great indeed ( DS for example is boring for most people ). Then we have the imbalance while Blizz is saying we are right you are wrong. Because mages are so weak now in cata we are buffing them in MoP. They want to make the game more accessible to more people so they nerf raids (which I am fine with) but they balance the game around 3v3. The majority doesn't play 3v3, etc etc etc... And then the ignorant people who think pandas arent kewl and are for kids. Because WoW with all their elves is for adults only. People will hate, everywhere, anytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    See but that's the thing. He didn't insult anybody he just thought it was sad they were playing. You've strawmaned him into being something he isn't. Like you can't keep reducing peoples issues with the game and simply dismissing it by saying "it's popular so they bash it" that just doesn't work man. You do that and we may as well not have forums for discussion.
    He said "pretty sad, really" like "pretty sad people still play it." As if it's pathetic that some people still play it. Did I misunderstand him? Maybe, but that's how I read it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    He said "pretty sad, really" like "pretty sad people still play it." As if it's pathetic that some people still play it. Did I misunderstand him? Maybe, but that's how I read it.
    Why they keep playing it, I do not know. Pretty sad really"
    Suggests to me that he thinks it's sad they're still playing it not so much that they themselves are aside. Nevertheless it is somewhat beside the point. If you dismiss people who dislike warcraft and are vocal about it as merely being bandwagon jumpers then theirs really not much sense in having a conversation about the game.

I used to see it on the D3 Blizzard forums all the time. They instantly dismiss your argument if you have a WoW avatar....

It seems illogical >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And here's another fun fact for you...World of Warcraft = the only mmorpg that you do not play because you enjoy it! Nono, you ONLY play because you've spent so much time in it, you're nostalgic and you feel you've spent too much money to quit and let it go to waste...
    Man, you're so right here. I recently subbed for Age of Conan, and yes, I know all this shit about the game, it's dying, it's abandoned, it has low player base, but you know, at the moment I am enjoing it and this is why I play it. I also enjoy the fact I play a game I enjoy.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Except those mmo-releases are critically and financially disappointing, where as World of Warcraft is generally not.
    I assume you speak for yourself here? Or you like to have someone's else opinion as your own?
    Last edited by Zauber; 2012-08-06 at 07:08 PM.